Open Welcome Letter from .NET to Pete Carroll (from 2010)

ariel9302

Reaction score
ballerhawk":3ob01o1o said:
Dear Pete,

please understand that with the last two seasons going the way they have, your honeymoon here will be short.
also understand that most fans here started being fans during the midst of a winning season and a shiny new stadium and as such, are not accustomed to "dog years". they also have a habit of rearranging history. win big and people will raise their children to believe you were the litteral second coming of jesus christ. lose and everything bad that ever happens will be blamed on you facts be damned [see deon branch "you know where to find me" comments].
also understand that most of these fans honestly believe they can run the team better than you despite having a limited amount of actual football knowledge. DO NOT LISTEN TO THEM.
they will want you to trade everybody then blame you if these traded players and they do well on another team,
they will want you to commit to the run ON A WEST COAST OFFENSE (if you don't understand the irony in that, your stay here will be short),
they will swear matt hasslebeck is too old then point to kurt warner and brett favre as qb's they want, or funnier still a young qb when he is doing well (but will look the other way when his rookie is showing).
just treat them like your kid with add. win and they will go to games and cheer.

hang in there.

given the opportunity to actually possibly communicate with Pete Carroll, you make a post like this and then ironically, insult others' intelligence around here. WOW.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Welcome Coach,

We're happy to have you and excited for the future of Seahawks football. We're a great fan-base that stretches across the nation, we're ready for a competitive team, we're ready for a winning team. We know you'll give us everything you've got, and we will reciprocate. As fans, we love to be "in the know," to be a part of the Seahawks 365 days a year. The 12th Man is here for you, now let's get it started!

Sincerely,

J.H. Adams

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Well done ABS. I appreciate it. THANKS.

P.S. Yes I did yell that thanks. he he he

:thirishdrinkers:

Sprfunk

Reaction score
mrblitz":1cea9wm2 said:
Pete Carroll,
I'm hoping you bring an attacking defense to Seattle. Ever since the Erickson years, our defense has mostly played a 'bend but don't break' style. I for one would love to see that changed to, 'go for broke,' even at the end of tight games.
Check
I'd like for you to separate this franchise from the NFL, in that we'd be known for something distinctive.
Check
Hopefully, your coaching staff's game preparation will be so thorough as to be on the level of Belichik.
Check
You've got a real player in Forsett, as he is out there giving it his all on every play. I'd encourage you to give Rankin a look as well.
For a bit I guess
While Hasselbeck may be your interim QB, I'd encourage you to draft someone with a rocket arm; someone who is a threat to go vertical on every down. If you traded one of this year's 1st round picks to gain another pick next year; that might be a way for you to be able to bargain for the Locker pick in the next off-season. Another QB you might want to look at - for this year's draft - is the guy from Idaho. You can never have too much QB depth.
Sorta Check, Got the QB as listed as far as skill set, but not who you were thinking.
Hopefully, your drafts aren't based upon any kind of hype or pedigree, but on a player's ability to actually perform at the next level.
100% Check
As fans, we're counting on you to know your given roster inside an out, so you can mask the players' weaknesses and play to their individual strengths.
Check
I loved what you did at USC.
Check
As Seahawk grand poobah, may your in-game adjustments, and play execution be superior to those of your opponent; week in and week out.
Check
Thanks for listening,
'mrblitz'

I like this one!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
HawksFan":3ljl1eac said:
Hey Coach Carroll, I have been a fan of your work for some time and I was very excited about you coming to the Seahawks. I have to say my 23 year old son was listening to me spout off about how everything was absolutely going to get better for the hawks next year. He was responding with the usual yeh yeh in your dreams Dad until I mentioned your name. He kept saying no way, no way. Once convinced it was for real, he apologized for giving me such a hard time (could have been the first time ever).

Coach if you can make your system work in the NFL, were in for one heck of a ride. Welcome to the Northwest, and welcome to the home of the 12th man - the best fans in the world!

I can't wait for the first game next year, man that is going to be exciting!

That right there is pretty damn cool! Kinda made my eyes watery.

Seahawkscrazy

Reaction score
It's cool to see all that has transpired in just four years wow. We are superb owl champions! Thank you most sincerely, Coach Carroll!!!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Thanks for moving this up..It was fun reading ..