Options with no Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Seaswab":3fmrns2w said:
Kearse had a chance to make a big play on 3rd down and blew it

It was unfortunate but I am not writing off the rest of his season for it.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Kearse needs to step up. He has a shot to do something and needs to get the job done or get gone.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
12th_Bob":fxejvea8 said:
1) Just roll with current roster, add Harvin when healthy. (Makes sense, no need to loose a guy on the current roster to fit a player not going to probably be hear after the season)

2) Pick up another WR on a practice squad. (Kind of slim pickings now with so many injuries, Da'Rick Rodgers would of looked really good until Carolina bumped him up to active a while ago and Owusu is now on the active roster with Tampa, along with Rodney Smith and the Vikings.)

3) Lockette the sequel, not a bad choice but Seattle went down that road.

4) Add Helfet as a WR, sure he is a TE officially but used to play WR and getting reps at TE hopefully he can bring some run blocking outside for our running game/Harvin.

What do you guys think?
I like that Helfet idea, or maybe even give Lockett another shot at it, because I don't see a lot of other options at WR out there that gives me the warm fuzzies.

Seahawk Mike

Reaction score
Johnny":c942se01 said:
Does T.O. still want to play?

I was talking to my brother about him...then we both had a chuckle...but then both stopped and thought about it again..

davidonmi

Reaction score
baldwin on his Q&A pretty much said with 100% certainty lockette will replace him

The Outfield

Reaction score
davidonmi":1srk3kkb said:
baldwin on his Q&A pretty much said with 100% certainty lockette will replace him

What do you mean Q&A? Do you have a link?

Edit: never mind, you must have meant his live fresh files from today.

jake206

Reaction score
This is a huge blow for the Hawks offense. I don't think Kearse can fully "replace" Rice in this offense. Instead they may have to de-emphasize the plays that Rice typically gets and emphasize other route combos like with Zach Miller and Percy (once healthy). Main thing is getting back to running the ball like they use to do.

Pick6

Reaction score
There are a few out there in the market like Branch and Lloyd.

jake206

Reaction score
Not alot of receivers want to come to a run-first offense, even its with Russell Wilson. Receivers in this offense need to block.

kigenzun

Reaction score
I like the idea of bringing Cooper Helfet back. Everybody else seemed to assume McGrath, but I preferred Helfet and thought he fit our style of offense better.

Think about it: He knows the offense and can interchange with Luke Willson at 'fast #2 TE/WR hybrid'.

Personally, I can see both being effective if they split one or the other out wide to create mismatches against smaller corners, especially in the Red Zone.

Plus, I would estimate Willson is actually faster than Rice was previously this year, and is certainly taller/sturdier/stronger/better blocker.

Send either out wide to block a corner a few times to beat 'em up with brawn on running plays , then send Harvin in the next play to beat the same said corner with world class speed/open field moves to the house.

kigenzun

Reaction score
Here's an option I hadn't thought of previously:

Brandon Kaufman from Eastern Washington U.
For EWU in 2012, he caught 93 passes for 1,850 and 16 touchdowns.
He's long and lean at like 6'5" 220 or so, 4.67/40, and high points the ball well.
I believe he went to Buffalo as an UDFA but I think he got cut/PS.

NFL player comparison: Kris Durham, Detroit Lions...wait a sec didn't we draft Durham??

We could pick up Kaufman for free, and I bet he would be an instant fan favorite.
Bring him in as a #5 guy, and kick the tires a little.

xCalibur

Reaction score
Why is everyone so sold on Kearse...They guy has made a couple great grabs...but consistently drops passes a professional foorball player should not. Like the 3rd down pass he dropped on Monday night that would have kept the drive alive and maybe even got us into field goal range. The guy is way overrated on this team....I was very upset we let both Williams and Harper go....Now we have a high priced Wr that won't play, and was sprobably on his way out of town anyways...and no solid tall, fast Wr with good hands to replace him. This is a huge mistake made by Pete...Both Harper and Williams should have been on the prective squad.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
xCalibur":26y9bfq7 said:
Why is everyone so sold on Kearse...They guy has made a couple great grabs...but consistently drops passes a professional foorball player should not. Like the 3rd down pass he dropped on Monday night that would have kept the drive alive and maybe even got us into field goal range. The guy is way overrated on this team....I was very upset we let both Williams and Harper go....Now we have a high priced Wr that won't play, and was sprobably on his way out of town anyways...and no solid tall, fast Wr with good hands to replace him. This is a huge mistake made by Pete...Both Harper and Williams should have been on the prective squad.

Like it or not but during training camp Kearse beat them out and earned the roster spot.

JonRud

Reaction score
Start Thurmond on defense and move Sherman to WR ?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I'm tired or reading about what Harvin is going to do when healthy. It's time for him to get his butt on the field.
I think Rice will be a bigger loss than most here believe. He made catches at clutch time. His replacement dropped one and ran an incorrect route on another. He also drew coverage away from the other guys. It doesn't appear that the office is bringing anyone new in so the guys we have left need to step up. Harvin has to play. it's time to earn that check.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
xCalibur":17gk6z56 said:

You did watch the regular season games when Williams dropped everything, right?

McGruff

Reaction score
Kearse is a classic example of why its so hard to overcome past reputation. The guy has been nails all offseason, preseason and regular season, making spectacular grab after spect ulnar grab, catching consistently and has good mojo with Wilson . . .

. . . But one drop brings back montlake memories and he sucks in the eyes of mot fans.

News flash. All receivers drop passes. Our most productive and clutch receiver sinc eLargent, a fan favorite, dropped a game winning TD in the Super Bowl. Rice, miller, Baldwin, Tate. . . They all drop passes.

Bottom line is that Kearse is next man up. There's no one better available right now, so step and support your Seahawks.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I still think they should bring someone in if they can, in case of injury...which no doubt will happen at some point. If Lockette is so good why does he keep getting punted from other teams?? IMO they should be looking at free agents but who knows who is in shape out there at this point of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts