OTA's as seen thru the eyes of Gregg Bell

Jerhawk

Reaction score
StoneCold":2p3cpuuw said:
Jerhawk":2p3cpuuw said:
austinslater25":2p3cpuuw said:
sdog1981":2p3cpuuw said:
Two things:

1: I love the first team Oline combo of Fant, OD, Britt, Glow, GI. That is the combo I want to stick for long term stability.

2.: I wonder if other teams talk about OTA's and just say things like "I know these guys are just running around in shorts, but boy do they suck"

That means Posic was a miss in the second round though. If a second rounder can't break into this line that was historically bad then something is wrong. We either missed again in the draft or we don't have the right guys in the right spots. We can't afford to miss again with Posic. I really think he ends up starting and if not right away then shortly after the season starts.

Completely agree. If he ends up not starting as a 2nd rounder, and is purely there for depth at the weakest position group on the team, then that's an embarrassment

I think it would be equally embarrassing to any of those 5 guys if they, as 2nd year + guys can't do a better job than a 2nd round rookie. All good competition however it works out. Let the games begin!

I see what you're saying, but let's roll back the clock a bit here. Going into the draft, our biggest area of need was o line. We also had a need for defensive back depth and linebacker depth, but the o line was the biggest area of concern that was holding the team back, right?

So the team uses one of their 2nd rounders on an o linemen, the biggest need to address. His selection was pretty divided in his thread on the main forum when he was selected. He didn't allow a sack last year, and was top 5 in all measurables at the combine iirc.

So what I'm saying is because of how poorly the o line played last year (yes they were all very young) to invest that high of a pick (2nd round is high according to this teams standards imo) and he doesn't get to start at any position, then that pick is a failure. If he's supposed to be Britt's replacement at center for the future, then why not hold off until a later round for a more true center? The logic just seems flawed if that's the case.

Sorry of I went too far off topic. Whoever is at o line, we all want them to please be better than last year. Let's hope these young men are successful!

Jerhawk

Reaction score
And if Cyril Grayson can come in and contribute to this team as a return man, or even better yet what this team had invisioned for Percy Harvin as a Tyreek Hill type of weapon for the offense and special teams to help Lockett out, then what a great find by JS. Let's see if his body can hold up to an NFL hit

Seymour

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2vy5955j said:
I see what you're saying, but let's roll back the clock a bit here. Going into the draft, our biggest area of need was o line. We also had a need for defensive back depth and linebacker depth, but the o line was the biggest area of concern that was holding the team back, right?

So the team uses one of their 2nd rounders on an o linemen, the biggest need to address. His selection was pretty divided in his thread on the main forum when he was selected. He didn't allow a sack last year, and was top 5 in all measurables at the combine iirc.

So what I'm saying is because of how poorly the o line played last year (yes they were all very young) to invest that high of a pick (2nd round is high according to this teams standards imo) and he doesn't get to start at any position, then that pick is a failure. If he's supposed to be Britt's replacement at center for the future, then why not hold off until a later round for a more true center? The logic just seems flawed if that's the case.

Sorry of I went too far off topic. Whoever is at o line, we all want them to please be better than last year. Let's hope these young men are successful!

Exactly. If it were just a matter of 1 years experience = any 1st-2nd round pick out of the draft, why not draft all olinemen in the 7th round, let them "age" 1 year then we have a bunch of "great" linemen?

Joeckel and Pocic are suppose to be better than what we had THIS YEAR, otherwise we should just throw the $$ and draft picks into the trash.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Seymour":2ac287pg said:
Jerhawk":2ac287pg said:

Exactly. If it were just a matter of 1 years experience = any 1st-2nd round pick out of the draft, why not draft all olinemen in the 7th round, let them "age" 1 year then we have a bunch of "great" linemen?

Joeckel and Pocic are suppose to be better than what we had THIS YEAR, otherwise we should just throw the $$ and draft picks into the trash.

I don't think there are any sure things in the draft. I'm not sure that Pocic is better than anyone we have on the roster. In addition to picking Pocic they made several free agent moves as well. As you may know I'm not much for speculation. I'll wait to see how it all turns out before I decide it was a failure. Even if Pocic doesn't work out to our eyes, without knowing what Pete and John thought of and expected from him, it would be tough to simply call it a failure. When I see that kind of comment it comes across as very black and white, yes/no. I prefer to think of it as more complicated. It makes the stories more interesting to me.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
TNT's Gregg Bell on final day (June 9th) of Seahawks OTAs: positive for Chancellor, Lockett >>>> Video >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/seahawks-insider-blog/article155412389.html#storylink=cpy[/urltargetblank]