Our future is better than you think.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Jville":1qw3u9am said:
Sgt. Largent":1qw3u9am said:
Jville":1qw3u9am said:
Sgt. Largent":1qw3u9am said:
Of course it reflects on the rest of the defense, that's how team sports works..........you are as strong as your weakest link.

Go on any NFL site and look up the defensive stats, we're in the middle to bottom of the league in every defensive category. So take out all the plays and situations that make your argument look better you want, this is still a mediocre defense at best, and mediocre defenses don't win championships. Especially on this team, Pete's predictable schemes on both sides of the ball require elite athletes to compensate.

We've got one at QB, WR and RB, but that's about it. Rest of the roster is mediocre.

The response is but a snap shot in time. An opinion tied to a place in time.

When in fact the OP is describing a process unfolding over time. Team development in motion.

Both valid but both very different perspectives.

That's a cop out.

Not sure bout you guys, but my expectations this year after 3-4 straight years full of chaos, disappointment and poor drafting was that we were finally back on track, jettisoned the negative distractions and back to playing Hawk football...........fast, fundamental and physical.

Nope. Nope........and nope.

What I see is a team utterly and completely dependent on it's QB to play perfectly and win games late, even against bad teams. So far the two best teams we've played we've lost to handily, at home.

That's what you expected? THAT'S the process you saw? Sorry dude, this team is not better than I thought, it's worse. So the only change of course for me so far is for me to lower my expectations going forward. T

:177692: I can't help you with outrage. It's not a state of mind I relish.

I am enjoying this team evolving process as it unfolds.

My condolences and best of luck coping ........ :229031_shrug:

You are like a true blue Mariners fan. Always hoping but never getting paid back. You can be a fan and see it for what it is. Do the Seahawks Suck? NO! but are they or will they TRULY contend for a title? NO Chance! They simply have a talent deficit in too many positions and a coach who can not scheme around those deficits.

No one is telling you not to enjoy the games but there isn't any valid argument that you can convince a rationale person that this team is going anywhere. By definition a fanatic (i.e. fan) is not rational.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3v1d28hr said:
justafan":3v1d28hr said:
Sgt. Largent":3v1d28hr said:
ivotuk":3v1d28hr said:
First there's the flubs by T2, which should not reflect on the rest of the guys on defense. Even after that 50 yard completion, the Defense only allowed a Field Goal. Had T2 not gotten beat deep, it's very likely the Defense would have gotten off the field with no points scored. .

Of course it reflects on the rest of the defense, that's how team sports works..........you are as strong as your weakest link.

Go on any NFL site and look up the defensive stats, we're in the middle to bottom of the league in every defensive category. So take out all the plays and situations that make your argument look better you want, this is still a mediocre defense at best, and mediocre defenses don't win championships. Especially on this team, Pete's predictable schemes on both sides of the ball require elite athletes to compensate.

We've got one at QB, WR and RB, but that's about it. Rest of the roster is mediocre.

I dont think Pete needs elite athletes to make the system work. They just need to play smart, tough, physical football and do their job.

The SB team was full of players I wouldnt call elite athletes. Sherman was smart and tough as nails but he wasnt an elite athlete. Kam was tough, physical and smart but I wouldnt call him an elite athlete. Take your pick on the other CB they just did the best they could. KJ smart and fundamentally sound. Clemons,Bennett and Avril are not elite. the were good but not elite. Determination and will to get the QB were more their trademark. DTs did there job. Tough and physical.

Oline. Not really. Okung was very talented. TE,tough did his job. WRs werent elite. I dont know if I would even call Lynch an elite athlete. He had amazing determination,toughness, will and outstanding vision.

It was just a bunch smart ,tough ,physical players with the will to win and be great football players. They came together and made history.

I guess my definition of elite is different than yours. Our SB defense had elite athletes all over it, Pro Bowlers and a couple that are going to be in the HOF........thus why they were one of the greatest defenses in NFL history statistically.

Who on this defense is even a Pro Bowler? Wagner's not even having a good enough year to make the Pro Bowl. Other than that, nothing, just mediocre to slightly above average at every position.

So yes, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but when you play a very simple base defense you better damn well have the elite athletes to make up for being schematically solved by the other team's offensive coordinator very easily, of which we've seen all year.

First you need to back up, all those Elite Athletes you say were on defense were created, other then Thomas most were 5th rounders or 4th rounders or later. If they were so Elite then why were they drafted so low.

They were coached up, the biggest piece missing is Richard who is now in Dallas, that may be the true missing element.

Pete has been bringing in D linemen rotationally since day one, Clemons picked up from Philly, Brock from Indy, Avril from Detroit, Bennett from Tampa and a host of others inside and outside, moved Bryant who many said was a bust and due to be cut to the Leo position.

It's not like we drafted 11 1st and second rounders and just plugged them in.

justafan

Reaction score
IMO players like Vick and Cam Newton are elite athletes for QBs. Brady is elite between the ears.

I believe most of our success came from players with intangibles that made them ProBowlers,hopefully future HOFers and champions.

chris98251

Reaction score
justafan":1te6nizh said:
IMO players like Vick and Cam Newton are elite athletes for QBs. Brady is elite between the ears.

I believe most of our success came from players with intangibles that made them ProBowlers,hopefully future HOFers and champions.

They were called Chips.

Jville

Reaction score
HawkerD":37bwdwoz said:
Jville":37bwdwoz said:
Sgt. Largent":37bwdwoz said:
Jville":37bwdwoz said:
The response is but a snap shot in time. An opinion tied to a place in time.

When in fact the OP is describing a process unfolding over time. Team development in motion.

Both valid but both very different perspectives.

That's a cop out.

Not sure bout you guys, but my expectations this year after 3-4 straight years full of chaos, disappointment and poor drafting was that we were finally back on track, jettisoned the negative distractions and back to playing Hawk football...........fast, fundamental and physical.

Nope. Nope........and nope.

What I see is a team utterly and completely dependent on it's QB to play perfectly and win games late, even against bad teams. So far the two best teams we've played we've lost to handily, at home.

That's what you expected? THAT'S the process you saw? Sorry dude, this team is not better than I thought, it's worse. So the only change of course for me so far is for me to lower my expectations going forward. T

:177692: I can't help you with outrage. It's not a state of mind I relish.

I am enjoying this team evolving process as it unfolds.

My condolences and best of luck coping ........ :229031_shrug:

You are like a true blue Mariners fan. Always hoping but never getting paid back. You can be a fan and see it for what it is. Do the Seahawks Suck? NO! but are they or will they TRULY contend for a title? NO Chance! They simply have a talent deficit in too many positions and a coach who can not scheme around those deficits.

No one is telling you not to enjoy the games but there isn't any valid argument that you can convince a rationale person that this team is going anywhere. By definition a fanatic (i.e. fan) is not rational.

:177692: There is no need to yell. We have no mandate to come to a consensuses on Seahawks subjects. The sentiment of this thread was clearly foretold by it's title. Tolerance for contrasting perspective, sentiment and opinion allows for a healthier and richer forum.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
We sure seem to hold everyone on our team to a low standard, except for Russell Wilson of course.

All of these excuses. Our defense is questionable and we are only surviving because we have an all star QB. My post was not meant to be mean spirited, it’s reality. Seriously, if Russell was playing as consistently poor as this defense is playing no one would give him a pass. I believe in Pete and this team’s future but this is a concern.

John63

Reaction score
Scorpion05":279v4hx7 said:
We sure seem to hold everyone on our team to a low standard, except for Russell Wilson of course.

All of these excuses. Our defense is questionable and we are only surviving because we have an all star QB. My post was not meant to be mean spirited, it’s reality. Seriously, if Russell was playing as consistently poor as this defense is playing no one would give him a pass. I believe in Pete and this team’s future but this is a concern.

The problem is people have been programmed by PC , Sherman and others that the defense was the only reason we won a SB. There for they will always get a pass. Meanwhile the offense and specifically Wilson will always get the blame for any loss, mind you not everyone just a few.