Our receivers are the least talented they have ever been

Anthony!

Reaction score
LymonHawk":32025a24 said:
Anthony!":32025a24 said:
SeaChase":32025a24 said:
Exittium":32025a24 said:
I think wilson REALLY either cant see or just doesnt have the time to go through reads thanks to our Oline. One probably the best examples with the best camera angle is in the 1st quarter around the 545 mark of it, when he dropped back and tossed to turbin for a 4th down, Baldwin was open (Would have been a 1st) Kearse Wide open (Would have been a 1st)

That's what I saw but other people want to make excuses. The ball needs to get out quick. Put the ball in a spot only the receiver can get it. The flea flicker was under thrown and ended up being a jump ball between a rookie and one of the best corners in the league.

Yeayh glad you saw it, now rewatch without your hater glasses on. On the flea flicker the ball wa sput were it had to be to avoid the safety coming over. If he put it anyplace else it is an INT. All that said the Wr got his hands on it and it should have been caught. NFL Wr do it every Sunday, Now as to the rest, again its funny the announcers said no one was open, the guys n the NFL network said no one was open, the guys after the game said no one was open. I would say they are right and you are wrong, but you already know you wrong you just want to argue. Not to mention it is impossible for you to know who is or is not open and when they got open on TV. That is a fact, however again the experts all disagreed with you and see replays that show everything, so your wrong.

Do you have links for all these announcers you claim said 'No receivers were open?

Dude did you watch the game? Did you listen to the announcers? They said it a lot. Did you listen broadcast after the game and during half time? They said it then too.

peppersjap

Reaction score
We just beat the team with the best record in the NFL and completely shut them down on defense and won a game 19-3 and almost all I see is negativity. it is frustrating that we probably should have won by a huge margin but we won decisively. I never really felt like Arizona was in the game after the 1st quarter even though the score was close in the 1st half. The offense started showing flashes later in the game and we actually got some TE production. I might be a homer but all I saw was positives, that was the 1st time this year where I thought our Defense looked like last year. It was huge having Bobby Wagner back, he makes everyone else better.

Anthony!

Reaction score
peppersjap":2zt9fzrg said:
We just beat the team with the best record in the NFL and completely shut them down on defense and won a game 19-3 and almost all I see is negativity. it is frustrating that we probably should have won by a huge margin but we won decisively. I never really felt like Arizona was in the game after the 1st quarter even though the score was close in the 1st half. The offense started showing flashes later in the game and we actually got some TE production. I might be a homer but all I saw was positives, that was the 1st time this year where I thought our Defense looked like last year. It was huge having Bobby Wagner back, he makes everyone else better.

Agreed.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
seabowl":wisl9ib6 said:
As a fan that suffered through 1992's worst offense in NFL history I beg to differ. Our two leading WR's were Tommy "Sugar" Kane and Louis Clark (yes the Louis Clark) who had 27 and 21 catches respectively.

That my friend was the worst year for our WR's.

I suffered through every torturous moment of that season with Stan Gelbaugh and the Silver Stretch Offense. Word. Anyone who saw that pitiful group wouldn't ever debate that fact. Bar none that offense was painful to watch. No doubt about it that that WR corps takes home the Razzie for the worst performance in Seahawks History. Go look up the numbers for yourself and you'll see just how historically bad that offense truly was.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
peppersjap":3vl00y7f said:

Yep. Maybe it's just taken 11 weeks for the current D to gel; especially with all of injuries we've had. Bring on the 9ers!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2l5tp88k said:
So because we are a running team, our WRs should never get open and make plays?
Makes sense.

LOLOL.............wait a minute............. it does? :lol:

SeaChase

Reaction score
Anthony!":1cdq72t4 said:
SonicHawk":1cdq72t4 said:
Anthony!":1cdq72t4 said:
Lets see either I go with the experts who have no hidden agenda, or you who has a hidden agenda to blame Wilson for any and everything. HMM I think I will go with the experts who see every play and can see everything on the filed, and not go with your obvious agenda based on what you cannot see on TV but assume because it suites you. In other words there were not guys wide open and no the sacks were not on Wilson. Yes your agenda is obvious, old and wrong.

Chill the f out man. Not everyone has a hidden agenda, some people [myself included] put a lot of the blame on Wilson when he holds on to the ball too long, or during read options ALWAYS seems to keep it. Just because they don't follow the ideals of what you think it is to be a fan doesn't mean they are out to ruin RW.

Stop being a dick and enjoy chatting and disagreeing with your fellow 12!

Dude you should reread everything the person in question has posted and said before you comment. If you did you would have the same conclusion. I call it like I see it or in this case read it. Don't like it don't read it.

This person calls it how he sees it. And the experts have no hidden agenda? Lol most of them are ex players with a built in bias. Marshall Faulk is a prime example of that. He hates the Hawks naturally as he played for the Rams for years. C'mon man...

getnasty

Reaction score
There is no doubt that are WR's are in the bottom 5 in the league in terms of talent. Couple that with a QB who plays it safe, a horrible pass pro offensive line and going against a great defense. Sounds like a perfect storm for a rough offenisve day, give the Cards a ton of credit there very good.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
They are what they are. Last year Golden Tate was our #1, but on any other team he would be a solid #2 (proof with the Lions). DB last year (and this year) on any other team would be a #3 or #4, but for us he IS our #1. Losing Sidney and Percy the only true #1 receivers definitely doesn't help. This year we just gotta accept that our WR group is sadly "pedestrian" (compared to other NFL WR groups). Yeah they can make a play or two, but they're not going to instill fear and/or command respect by a secondary and/or defensive coordinator.

My fingers are crossed that BOTH Richardson AND Norwood are going to hit their stride at the same time next season, and then things are going to really change.

Rob12

Reaction score
uncle fester":3j8xv7bz said:
Nah, it went to Norwood - though I think most folks would've preferred Richardson to be on the other end.

I think it would've worked if Wilson had a bit more steam in his arm, but he'd been beaten up by that point.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the ball was there and could have been caught.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":380ec7p9 said:
Dude you should reread everything the person in question has posted and said before you comment. If you did you would have the same conclusion. I call it like I see it or in this case read it. Don't like it don't read it.

Don't be a dick, that's all that's necessary. You can disagree all you want. You're rooting for the same team!

Hawks46

Reaction score
Exittium":p4mib4qd said:
Ignorance, just ignorance. We're not a passing only team. Period, so get it out of your mind that we should be tossing bombs to our wr's, we're no manning styled offense. We're a grinding offense. If you want anyone to blame just blame Bevell play calling still terrible. After look how great Tate looked when he left to go to a team who passes more.. Really tired of people bashing our wrs in a run heavy offense. Get over it, sorry our WRs dont help your fantasy stats but, it is what it is and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

Not to get "argumentative" with your post, but I'm going to use facts and such here. Last year, we were a running team, yet we were one of the top teams in the league in receptions over 20 yards. (I think we ended 3rd). We bludgeon teams with the run, then beat them over the top with the pass. Pete loves to shut down explosive plays on defense, and loves explosive plays on offense. Even Cable says "you throw to score, but run to win". This year, Russell's Yards Per Attempt is the lowest of his career. You're right in that there's something wrong, but it's incorrect to say we don't throw bombs to WRs.

On to your next post, where you're pissed that people argue with you, and say the board is going all to hell. Well, your first post and first words were "ignorance, just ignorance". That's supposed to stimulate a positive response and conversation ? So, as long as I agree with you, I'm not ignorant....got it. If I disagree with you, I'm driving people off the board and need to be moderated....got it.

Wilson's OL in Wisconsin would've been the 3rd biggest OL (by height and weight) in the NFL his rookie season. He finds throwing lanes, and his point is valid (he'd said that he could be 6'2" and still would need to use throwing lanes, and couldn't see over a 6'5" OLman). I honestly think his progressions and missing open guys are more of the result of TERRIBLE pass protection and him getting his ass beat so much. If you get used to not having 4 seconds to throw the ball, you're going to get used to not getting to your 3rd progression before you have to bail the pocket.

Getting hit rattles a QB. I think it bothers Wilson less than most (the running QBs don't seem to mind it as much), but it does disrupt your rhythm and keeps you from getting in synch with your WRs. Look at Stanton; he started off ok, but as he was getting hit and pressure more, his throws were earlier, wilder, and more off target. Pressure works, and it screws with the best of them (P. Manning, Brady).

As for our WRs being terrible, they're going to look bad against AZ. They're also going to look bad against SF (who statistically has a better passing defense than we do). AZ and SF are the best defenses we're going to see this year. Fortunately, two of them are rookies (that will get better) and in the specific instance of SF, their rush defense is a lot worse than normal and we can run on them.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Rob12":ypxmrv3x said:
uncle fester":ypxmrv3x said:
Nah, it went to Norwood - though I think most folks would've preferred Richardson to be on the other end.

I think it would've worked if Wilson had a bit more steam in his arm, but he'd been beaten up by that point.

It was maybe catchable, but it wasn't a great throw and I put that one more on Russell than on Norwood. If he had just led him a bit then it should have been a TD.

Anthony!

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":gvrv0dp7 said:
Rob12":gvrv0dp7 said:
uncle fester":gvrv0dp7 said:

It was maybe catchable, but it wasn't a great throw and I put that one more on Russell than on Norwood. If he had just led him a bit then it should have been a TD.

hav ebeen an INT if he led him there was a safety coming over form right were he would have led him, The throw was right were it needed to be, NFL WR make that catch everyday. MOnn, Huard, Millan all said the same thing on radio, so good pass, Norwood just did nto come up wiht it, It happens, bethe catches the next one though.

Anthony!

Reaction score
SonicHawk":1xsmerlt said:
Anthony!":1xsmerlt said:

Don't be a dick, that's all that's necessary. You can disagree all you want. You're rooting for the same team!

Here is an idea if you are not going to reread to know the background stay out of it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Exittium":vj25mj77 said:
Ignorance, just ignorance. We're not a passing only team. Period, so get it out of your mind that we should be tossing bombs to our wr's, we're no manning styled offense. We're a grinding offense. If you want anyone to blame just blame Bevell play calling still terrible. After look how great Tate looked when he left to go to a team who passes more.. Really tired of people bashing our wrs in a run heavy offense. Get over it, sorry our WRs dont help your fantasy stats but, it is what it is and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

Talent is talent, it doesn't matter what a team's trying to accomplish on offense.

Russell doesn't run around like a chicken with his head cut off half the time on passing plays because he enjoys it.......and it's not all on the O-line. A lot of the time it's because our WR's aren't getting open on time.

No one, and I mean NO ONE would call this a talented group of receivers. This group was barely above average last year, and that was with Tate, Rice and Harvin.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":1zfdx69o said:
SonicHawk":1zfdx69o said:
Anthony!":1zfdx69o said:

Here is an idea if you are nto gogin to reread to know the backgroudn stay out of it.

The background doesn't matter. Don't be a dick, no matter what. You'll get banned in a heartbeat and it's not worthwhile.

SeaChase

Reaction score
SonicHawk":1q2u2kwp said:
Anthony!":1q2u2kwp said:

I'm stoked we won and that's really all that matters. I agree I do rag on Wilson quite a bit but that's because I feel it's warranted being that he is the leader of the offense and the offense has it's struggles.

Anthony!

Reaction score
SonicHawk":3mryft07 said:
Anthony!":3mryft07 said:
SonicHawk":3mryft07 said:
Anthony!":3mryft07 said:

Here is an idea if you are nto gogin to reread to know the backgroudn stay out of it.

The background doesn't matter. Don't be a dick, no matter what. You'll get banned in a heartbeat and it's not worthwhile.

Dude I have not called him names, and have not said anything that is not true. So no I will call it like I see it.

Anthony!

Reaction score
SeaChase":2xqwepwy said:
SonicHawk":2xqwepwy said:
Anthony!":2xqwepwy said:

I'm stoked we won and that's really all that matters. I agree I do rag on Wilson quite a bit but that's because I feel it's warranted being that he is the leader of the offense and the offense has it's struggles.

And I do not disagree with anything that you said, he does and I have said so deserve some of the blame. However so does the oline, WRs, play calling etc. In my opinion Wilson while he deserves his blame is last on the list. Just because you are the leader on the team does not mean it is all on you or all your fault. Lynch was MIA yesterday yet nothing about that? Why for me it is because it was not his fault, they have a great defense and our Oline was not playing well. our oline has been bad for 2+ years, our Wr have been avg at best for 2+ years, our play calling has been bad for 2+ years. Hence why they are much higher on the list of issues with our offense than Wilson. There are so many issues with this offense, that the last thing I am going to do is harp on either of the only 2 bright spots. That is why I do not harp on Lynch when he messes up or disappears. The same for Wilson. There are just to many other issues that are way bigger issues than those 2.