Our receivers are the least talented they have ever been

Schadie001

Reaction score
One problem is that Wilson can be overly tentative to throw to a not wide open receiver. When you look at other QB's and how they throw, most of the time the receiver isn't open but the ball is put in a great spot. I believe that QB's who aren't as mobile tend to rely more on their arm and will fit the ball in. Wilson has legs, so unless it's a sure pass he would rather run for 10 yards rather than risking a int. That's just my opinion, I have seen our receivers open several times but Wilson doesn't pull the trigger. He may be instructed to be conservative and error on the side of running.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Fantasy football has a lot of people confused with reality, in the real world, WINS are paramount not how many fantasy points were involved. I've never done "fantasy" but I don't hold it against anybody if they like that kind of stuff. It just seems to me that the name is very appropriate.

IMO-If the QB is standing in the pocket, well protected and has enough time, he'll likely get to go through his reads and deliver the ball to an open receiver and will even have enough time to throw a receiver open. In many cases, the "window of opportunity to make ANY pass to be made is only available for maybe a second or two while, ideally, his receivers are running their routes. Any passes made from this QB position have the advantage of the QB having his feet set, shoulders square and he's ready to get the ball out quickly & probably with more accuracy.

Compare that to a QB that is being moved around due to poor protection and often having to avoid running into trouble by the pass rush, while also keeping his eyes downfield, In order to even make a pass in that situation, the QB ideally needs to have his feet set, shoulders square and his eyes turned in the direction the pass needs to go, that's not as easy as it sounds and may not always be an easy completion to WR's that are only open for a very brief period of time.

I have two questions to all that are saying RW misses too many open receivers from watching the TV broadcasts, Where ere RW's feet, shoulders & eyes located at that EXACT, split-second point in time when you see a WR open? (Not to mention, how do y'all see that on broadcast TV?) Anyone that questions this should try running as fast as you can across your living room and then imagine that half way across the room you have a WR to get a long bomb off to, isn't so easy is it?

IMO-RW is not your typical QB, he's very hybrid unique & different than most of the others in the league, and we've all seen that his game is up to competing and winning SB championships even though he is different. The future is still very bright in Seahawk land. The Seahawks are heading into the meat of the season and I'll be happy for every win regardless of final score, all the way through February.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Schadie001":csah9q9l said:
One problem is that Wilson can be overly tentative to throw to a not wide open receiver. When you look at other QB's and how they throw, most of the time the receiver isn't open but the ball is put in a great spot. I believe that QB's who aren't as mobile tend to rely more on their arm and will fit the ball in. Wilson has legs, so unless it's a sure pass he would rather run for 10 yards rather than risking a int. That's just my opinion, I have seen our receivers open several times but Wilson doesn't pull the trigger. He may be instructed to be conservative and error on the side of running.

Good observation on the maybe intsructed. PC has said many times he preaches mistake free, risk adverse on offense, so I am sure that has a lot to do with it, That and our Wr showing little ability to make plays when given a chance. IE pass to Norwood. As to our WR open I have seen some of that but only after the fact. Meaing they wer entoopen when WIlson looked at them but got open after he moves on or got open after he had already commited to another throw or to run. I have seen a time or 2 were a WR was open on a 3rd and long but not open eguh to get the first down or move us into FG range. So I really do not count those. It doe slittle to be open if it still forces us to punt. Point in case on the pass to Norwood, ADB was open but for only 5 yards, with no chance of getting more and we needed 9, so throwing to him makes no sense. Of course the penalty on Britt did not help as it went form 3rd adn 4 to 3rd and 9. MIllan was tlakign about this last night how our WR do gt open at times but its after the fact, or not at the right distance to matter. Thast not to say Wilson has not missed some, al QBs do, but I do not think it is as often as other do. I like MIllan think it is more of an after the fact or not the right distance to matter.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I'm assuming OP means that the receivers on this team are the least talented group the Seahawks have ever had.

Less talented than Louis Clark, Tommy Kane, 6 games of Brian Blades, David Daniels, and Doug Thomas (1992)?

I disagree.