Our receivers are the least talented they have ever been

Anthony!

Reaction score
SeaChase":1un7tddw said:
Exittium":1un7tddw said:
I think wilson REALLY either cant see or just doesnt have the time to go through reads thanks to our Oline. One probably the best examples with the best camera angle is in the 1st quarter around the 545 mark of it, when he dropped back and tossed to turbin for a 4th down, Baldwin was open (Would have been a 1st) Kearse Wide open (Would have been a 1st)

That's what I saw but other people want to make excuses. The ball needs to get out quick. Put the ball in a spot only the receiver can get it. The flea flicker was under thrown and ended up being a jump ball between a rookie and one of the best corners in the league.

Yeayh glad you saw it, now rewatch without your hater glasses on. On the flea flicker the ball wa sput were it had to be to avoid the safety coming over. If he put it anyplace else it is an INT. All that said the Wr got his hands on it and it should have been caught. NFL Wr do it every Sunday, Now as to the rest, again its funny the announcers said no one was open, the guys n the NFL network said no one was open, the guys after the game said no one was open. I would say they are right and you are wrong, but you already know you wrong you just want to argue. Not to mention it is impossible for you to know who is or is not open and when they got open on TV. That is a fact, however again the experts all disagreed with you and see replays that show everything, so your wrong.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Our OL was getting abused, but we had WR open except Russ was always looking to make sure he wasn't about to get sacked that he would miss them or throw to late.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Exittium":1d458h9d said:
Hell most the game Okung and Bailey were getting abused. AND YES they were open VERY VERY open. But hey you just like to argue it seems, hell it seems like thats the case with a lot of people around here now. Ya know god forbid someone says otherwise or offers something from a different perspective. Jfc this place is going to shit really quick. A mod should just do me a solid and just close my account here. You cant talk football here let alone offer opinions or views. You say something someone wants to argue it. Yeah great we won, but since then I've noticed the people who have for the most part hopped on here last yr have done a pretty damn good job driving people away. Idk if thats because of the lack of moderation or what. But overall this place is quickly going away from what it was. Have fun arguing with each other because unless mods actually start moderating its just going to keep going down.

This post seems a little thin-skinned. Forums are based on differing opinions. What's the point of everyone saying the same thing? Why would you post here if you weren't trying to have others observe YOUR point of view? You'll be fine, buddy.

Also - not to you, but I laugh when people say, "your wrong" on here... It's funny to me.

rideaducati

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2qi5yspm said:
Exittium":2qi5yspm said:
Ignorance, just ignorance. We're not a passing only team. Period, so get it out of your mind that we should be tossing bombs to our wr's, we're no manning styled offense. We're a grinding offense. If you want anyone to blame just blame Bevell play calling still terrible. After look how great Tate looked when he left to go to a team who passes more.. Really tired of people bashing our wrs in a run heavy offense. Get over it, sorry our WRs dont help your fantasy stats but, it is what it is and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

So because we are a running team, our WRs should never get open and make plays?

Makes sense.

I've seen the WRs open A LOT. Russell doesn't see them or isn't pulling the trigger. Russell isn't being given a lot of time either. The WRs are fine. I just don't see why they aren't using Lockette more and Kearse or Walters a lot less.

Anthony!

Reaction score
CPHawk":2t1glybk said:
Our OL was getting abused, but we had WR open except Russ was always looking to make sure he wasn't about to get sacked that he would miss them or throw to late.

While I do not agree, given Wilson Complt 77% of his passes for nearly 10 YPA he did not miss much. As the announcers showed over and over again there was no one open. As they said on NFL network there was no one open. They did mention sometimes our Wr got open after the fact, but by them Wilson has already thrown the ball, or already run.

Rat

Reaction score
the ditch":355cgn3s said:
There was a stat this morning on Sunday NFL Countdown, the Seahawks were tied 19th in the league in receptions, but were 30th in yards and 30th in another category, seems to me our receivers are getting the ball fine but they can't do anything with it.

Bevell should call some more bubble screens to get our wideouts in space.

SeaChase

Reaction score
Anthony!":1tyaqlnq said:
SeaChase":1tyaqlnq said:
Exittium":1tyaqlnq said:
I think wilson REALLY either cant see or just doesnt have the time to go through reads thanks to our Oline. One probably the best examples with the best camera angle is in the 1st quarter around the 545 mark of it, when he dropped back and tossed to turbin for a 4th down, Baldwin was open (Would have been a 1st) Kearse Wide open (Would have been a 1st)

That's what I saw but other people want to make excuses. The ball needs to get out quick. Put the ball in a spot only the receiver can get it. The flea flicker was under thrown and ended up being a jump ball between a rookie and one of the best corners in the league.

Yeayh glad you saw it, now rewatch without your hater glasses on. On the flea flicker the ball wa sput were it had to be to avoid the safety coming over. If he put it anyplace else it is an INT. All that said the Wr got his hands on it and it should have been caught. NFL Wr do it every Sunday, Now as to the rest, again its funny the announcers said no one was open, the guys n the NFL network said no one was open, the guys after the game said no one was open. I would say they are right and you are wrong, but you already know you wrong you just want to argue. Not to mention it is impossible for you to know who is or is not open and when they got open on TV. That is a fact, however again the experts all disagreed with you and see replays that show everything, so your wrong.

You have more errors in this post than all of the biased opinions made by the Nfl network. Again me seeing open recievers is the same as you seeing the defenders that would have supposedly intercepted the ball if it were thrown an extra yard. Many other posters have said they've also witnessed this. A WR isn't always going to be wide open. The Qb has to throw the ball and make a play. Wilson got sacked 6 times today but there times where he had all day to throw and didn't.

HOLLYWOOD

Reaction score
See Russ get slung around like a rag doll today? I did. Our line sucks in pass protection harder than a lasting middle east peace. It's also part the reason he has so many rushing yards. He's running for his life when he isn't handing the ball off.

Our WR core is sub par, granted but we have really no time to throw the ball. When he has time,he is usually more dynamic in the passing game and certainly more successful.

Bad WR stats is the symptom the bad line is the disease.

Oh, and Richardson should have caught that...

Anthony!

Reaction score
SeaChase":1cbg2tan said:
Anthony!":1cbg2tan said:
SeaChase":1cbg2tan said:
Exittium":1cbg2tan said:

You have more errors in this post than all of the biased opinions made by the Nfl network. Again me seeing open recievers is the same as you seeing the defenders that would have supposedly intercepted the ball if it were thrown an extra yard. Many other posters have said they've also witnessed this. A WR isn't always going to be wide open. The Qb has to throw the ball and make a play. Wilson got sacked 6 times today but there times where he had all day to throw and didn't.

Lets see either I go with the experts who have no hidden agenda, or you who has a hidden agenda to blame Wilson for any and everything. HMM I think I will go with the experts who see every play and can see everything on the filed, and not go with your obvious agenda based on what you cannot see on TV but assume because it suites you. In other words there were not guys wide open and no the sacks were not on Wilson. Yes your agenda is obvious, old and wrong.

Anthony!

Reaction score
HOLLYWOOD":1krwjghg said:
See Russ get slung around like a rag doll today? I did. Our line sucks in pass protection harder than a lasting middle east peace. It's also part the reason he has so many rushing yards. He's running for his life when he isn't handing the ball off.

Our WR core is sub par, granted but we have really no time to throw the ball. When he has time,he is usually more dynamic in the passing game and certainly more successful.

good post spot on. IT was Norwood FYI :)

mikeak

Reaction score
TheHawkster":1u8jrsbh said:
In the stadium, all of us within talking distance were watching
the lack of route adjustments by our WRs when Russell leaves the pocket.

Baldwin will cut routes off occasionally but everyone else seems to be running their routes with their
heads down like theyre trying to clear out space.

Russells not getting any help on routes and doesnt seem to be
on the same page as anybody.

Did the same thing and very few open receivers - with that said two points to be made

1) WRs are often not open in the NFL. They become open as the ball gets there. If the play call, qb and WR is on the same page that is

2) I saw the same thing as previous weeks on several plays. Playcalling with every receiver going to the opposite side of the field. RW now has open space for running but he looked to pass and nobody was open. Result in first half was a sack. Second half some good runs

AgentDib

Reaction score
minormillikin":1zop5v8w said:
Pete and or Russ apparently aren't familiar with the old saying, "a great throw will beat great coverage." Or they don't think he could make the great throws.
I agree but I think it's a more a case of "There's no need to take chances on offense if the other team only scores 3 points." We've seen the offense get aggressive when they've known they needed points. Falcons '12, Bucs/Saints '13, Broncos OT drive this season, etc.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Anthony!":1brcqcqq said:
Lets see either I go with the experts who have no hidden agenda, or you who has a hidden agenda to blame Wilson for any and everything. HMM I think I will go with the experts who see every play and can see everything on the filed, and not go with your obvious agenda based on what you cannot see on TV but assume because it suites you. In other words there were not guys wide open and no the sacks were not on Wilson. Yes your agenda is obvious, old and wrong.
You can go too far in both directions. Wilson would be the first to tell you that he needed to put a couple of more yards behind that throw: Norwood had a step initially but slowed to adjust which is when the DB caught up. Everybody misses a throw here and there and Wilson still had an outstanding completion rate today.

Anthony!

Reaction score
AgentDib":1xwly7ng said:
Anthony!":1xwly7ng said:
You can go too far in both directions. Wilson would be the first to tell you that he needed to put a couple of more yards behind that throw: Norwood had a step initially but slowed to adjust which is when the DB caught up. Everybody misses a throw here and there and Wilson still had an outstanding completion rate today.

Agreed except if you watch the replay there was a Safety coming over, if he puts a little more on it it is intercepted. He put it were it should be and for an NFL wr to make play that was not made. I agree every QB misses a throw and WIlson has missed some in the last few weeks, which I said so in the game thread. But this is not one of them.

HOLLYWOOD

Reaction score
Anthony!":1af9cm48 said:
HOLLYWOOD":1af9cm48 said:

good post spot on. IT was Norwood FYI :)
Touche I always confuse those two!

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
the ditch":1dd8icpq said:
I thought I had read somewhere that Wilson's offensive line at Wisconsin was taller than in the NFL and I don't recall anyone saying he had problems seeing while there, I just think that our wide receivers aren't up to snuff.

There was a stat this morning on Sunday NFL Countdown, the Seahawks were tied 19th in the league in receptions, but were 30th in yards and 30th in another category, seems to me our receivers are getting the ball fine but they can't do anything with it.

WE have low yards because they are all bevel screens. I mean bubble screens. ;)

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":1kmxn91s said:

Chill the f out man. Not everyone has a hidden agenda, some people [myself included] put a lot of the blame on Wilson when he holds on to the ball too long, or during read options ALWAYS seems to keep it. Just because they don't follow the ideals of what you think it is to be a fan doesn't mean they are out to ruin RW.

Stop being a dick and enjoy chatting and disagreeing with your fellow 12!

Anthony!

Reaction score
SonicHawk":25d72r75 said:
Anthony!":25d72r75 said:

Chill the f out man. Not everyone has a hidden agenda, some people [myself included] put a lot of the blame on Wilson when he holds on to the ball too long, or during read options ALWAYS seems to keep it. Just because they don't follow the ideals of what you think it is to be a fan doesn't mean they are out to ruin RW.

Stop being a dick and enjoy chatting and disagreeing with your fellow 12!

Dude you should reread everything the person in question has posted and said before you comment. If you did you would have the same conclusion. I call it like I see it or in this case read it. Don't like it don't read it.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":3mrjrw1u said:
SeaChase":3mrjrw1u said:
Exittium":3mrjrw1u said:

Do you have links for all these announcers you claim said 'No receivers were open?