Out Coached....

Seymour

Reaction score
Foghawk":3frgf92g said:
SoulfishHawk":3frgf92g said:
Well, we see the "genius" Arians get out coached all the time. Nobody seems to say a word about it.
Clearly their stubborn nature and not adjusting like other teams to has an impact on this team.

Arians is the leagues best biscuit salesman though.

Rubber biscuit anyone??

[youtube]jYyBZE0kBtE[/youtube]

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":3qccmx27 said:
Well I think we need to change some philosophies.

We did exactly what I called we would do, which is try to attack the Titans' strength which is their DL, with our biggest weakness, which is our run game. Then when we got down in a hurry and go to the passing game where we tore them up.

I'm not sure why the Seahawks are so stubborn. The best coach of our era (and possibly ever) doesn't give a crap how he wins a game as long as he wins it. His name is Bellichick.

About 5-6 years ago, the Patriots traveled to Minnesota to play. This was the Vikings with the Williams Wall and they had the best DL in the league and the best run defense in the league by about 10 ypc over the next team. What does Bill do? Starts the game going 5 wide and attacks their average secondary. They won that game by 2 TD's if I recall correctly. They also ended up the game running the ball for damn near 100 yards in the 4th quarter.

My question is: why don't we just start out attacking a team where they are weak ? Why do we have to have the same game plan every damn week on offense ? Why does Bevell always seem like a 3 year old trying to jam a square peg in a round hole ?

Against our defense, the Titans had a good game plan. But defensively, you have to have missed assignments, mistakes, and other things go wrong for a team to score 33 on you. We missed a ton of tackles and seemed out of position after halftime. The Titans made great halftime adjustments and Richard couldn't counter.

I'm luke warm on Richard as a DC at this point.

You mean coaching like Pete did last year against Billy & the Patriots, where Lil' Earle Thomas blew up The Gronk?....Didn't we win that game?
Both Bevell & Wilson have to work with the Tom Cable Coached O-Line, who (so far this season), have tried to ZB for Pete's Running Attack, and failing miserably.
When you have four or five of our O-Linemen laying on the field and the Defense closing in for the Hits and or sack on Russ, it's time to regroup and go back to power blocking for the Pass Protection, and work the RB's into the game AFTER you establish some kind of rhythm.
I also have to add....Brock Huard's "Chalk Talk" awhile back showed that the O-Line seemed to do a fairly decent job ( of not trying to ZB ) on that attempted TD pass that wasn't caught.... there's that POV that needs to be considered.

Latest posts