Packers Denied By Seahawks To Interview JS

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":2k0dv86n said:
Maelstrom787":2k0dv86n said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/950073761574813697[/tweet]

It's all over boys! We are safe!

Wow, did John Schneider just watch his dream job slip through his fingers? How does he feel right now? Think he's happy in Seattle after seeing the door to his dream open and shut?

I actually feel bad for JS. Dream job, more power within the organization, and he had to watch it be taken by someone who isn't half the GM he is.

Gotta be slightly heartbreaking.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":12jetju2 said:
WindCityHawk":12jetju2 said:
Maelstrom787":12jetju2 said:

Wow, did John Schneider just watch his dream job slip through his fingers? How does he feel right now? Think he's happy in Seattle after seeing the door to his dream open and shut?

I actually feel bad for JS. Dream job, more power within the organization, and he had to watch it be taken by someone who isn't half the GM he is.

Unless he didn't want it.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Keep the Schneider :2thumbs:
Things may get brighter...
But in the end, Pete makes the final decisions,
Ofttimes worse than rusted steel incisions

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
Relieved that JS is still with us. And a reminder that the only way we get better is if we take some of the power away from Pete. I honestly believe that Pete is the on responsible for the poor drafts and especially the wasted pick on Malik McDowell. Pete is also responsible for continuing the Offensive Line mediocrity by sticking with Cable.

Jville

Reaction score
vigilantgrrl":6uc0lpqp said:
Relieved that JS is still with us. And a reminder that the only way we get better is if we take some of the power away from Pete. I honestly believe that Pete is the on responsible for the poor drafts and especially the wasted pick on Malik McDowell. Pete is also responsible for continuing the Offensive Line mediocrity by sticking with Cable.

I am certain that the delegation of power doesn't lie with us. Delegation of power resides in Paul Allen's wheel house.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Bummer. His drafts have pretty much sucked since Pete didnt know the college game anymore and his free agents generally suck and trades usually dont work out. I would have been happy if he left.

Seems like we're pretty content with not getting any better.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3q1dp02z said:
Yeah, I'm sure they don't want to get better :roll:

What has the organization done to demonstrate they do want to get better?

While I don't agree with J.. atleast he provided some context to his statement.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough, I just don't agree at all, my opinion. In what world does this team not care about winning? All in how you look at it I guess. Would love to see some major changes to the coaching staff though.

ivotuk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3agmc023 said:
Bummer. His drafts have pretty much sucked since Pete didnt know the college game anymore and his free agents generally suck and trades usually dont work out. I would have been happy if he left.

Seems like we're pretty content with not getting any better.

You, my dear friend, are wrong! Shaq, our new young DB, whether anyone realizes it or not, If healthy, Chris Carson is going to be one hell of a Running Back, I guarantee it.

George Fant will be very good. I don't blame JS for the OLine, I put those on Cable.

Nazair Jones is going to be a Pro Bowler. Jarran Reed, Frank Clark, McDougald.

John's a magician, but he's also juggling what his head coach wants, with his eye for talent. I think Pete is behind these trades, although I believe Duane Brown and Sheldon Richardson have been worth it.

AND, how much better would Jimmy Graham had been if they hadn't tried to force him to block? Ridiculous. Even so, he set Seahawks TE records.

I believe JS is Elite, and I wouldn't trade him for anybody.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":324iqkic said:
Fair enough, I just don't agree at all, my opinion. In what world does this team not care about winning? All in how you look at it I guess. Would love to see some major changes to the coaching staff though.

I agree. I've liked what JS has done, even if its not all worked out. the changes need to happen on the coaching side

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2ozmqcze said:
Yeah, I'm sure they don't want to get better :roll:

Of course they want to get better.............but let me ask you a question, what has been done so far that's telling us Pete and John ARE getting better?

It's early in the off season, so who knows. But I haven't seen even one move that tells me Pete and John are recognizing deficiencies, especially on the staff and doing something about it.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":32dmqjam said:
Maelstrom787":32dmqjam said:
WindCityHawk":32dmqjam said:
Maelstrom787":32dmqjam said:

Unless he didn't want it.

Bingo.....Pete has always allowed guys to leave if that's what they wanted to do. There is absolutely ZERO doubt in my mind that if Schneider had any desire left to go to the Packers he'd have been allowed to interview.

I know when John first came here there was a lot of talk about the Packers being the only place he'd leave for, but he's now been here long enough to have built a life in the city. I find it quite easy to believe that he is happy here and passed on the Packers himself.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Realize that GB is home in many ways for JS.

On the flip side, unlike GB, he has set his stamp on the current Seahawks. They aren't a carry over of Ted Thompson or Ron Wolf. The Hawks are the team he built, not continue to manage like he would GB.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
lobohawk":3lkinsa3 said:

On the flip side, unlike GB, he has set his stamp on the current Seahawks. They aren't a carry over of Ted Thompson or Ron Wolf. The Hawks are the team he built, not continue to manage like he would GB.

Very true, and even though Schneider would probably love to go back to GB..................I think he'd only go back if he was a total control GM/President.

Not go back to work under/with Thompson and be involved in a weird power struggle with McCarthy who's also asking for more control.

chris98251

Reaction score
lobohawk":2wdzzr0w said:

Really, this team is labeled Pete Carrolls team all over, everything goes thru Pete, John wanted to take Russell in the 2nd round but Pete told him to wait till the 3rd, who is really running things? John and Pete have worked together yes, but this isn't Johns team like a team where a GM has complete control would be called Johns team.

If you look at the hirer in GB now the GM doesn't have control of the Coach there either, might be why it also became a non issue.

Sign37now

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":5zu88k01 said:
SoulfishHawk":5zu88k01 said:
Season has been over for 8 days.

8 days that Bevell and Cable weren't fired.

Looks like the Panther just fired their OC and QB coach. Why the hell can't we get with the program?