Packers Denied By Seahawks To Interview JS

SeaChat

Reaction score
I thought that the whole John Schneider Green Bay thing was dead in the water before it started. John had already signed a contract with Seattle and didn't express any interest in abandoning the Seahawks, as long as Pete Carroll wanted to remain head coach with them.

There were reporters that pressed Pete pretty hard in a recent press conference about how confident that he was about John not jumping ship and heading to Green Bay, and Pete said, multiple times, that he was very confident that John and him were planning on sticking around and turning Seattle into a Super Bowl bound team this year.

I think, as is the case with a lot of folks, who are feeling frustrated after this last season, and rightfully so, that many are looking for change, any kind of change, and that kind of thinking, can be a dangerous time for an entity like the Seahawks, in times like these, because that is when dumb decisions are often times made.

It appears to me, and much to the disappointment of a lot of 12th Men and Women, I'm sure, that there is a mindset of stick-to-it-iveness in the Emerald City and in the head offices of the Seattle Seahawks right now. Not to say that there might not be some big changes made, but no one is hitting the panic button, or jumping out the windows without a parachute right now. Something I'm glad to see.

They are on the other hand, taking a long hard look at themselves right now, and I am confident, that once they have objectively assessed things, that changes will come. This is going to be a game changing off-season, and good things are going to come of it. I think there are some real shockers in store, and there are sure to be changes that won't please everyone, but that will, in the overall scheme of things, will change the Seahawks team and how they play in 2018.

Pete Carroll is not only the oldest-youngest coach in the NFL, he is also the smartest and most qualified to be guiding this team forward. John has proven over and over again, that he is on-board with Pete, and is willing to do whatever he can to accommodate Pete's needs. In short John truly has Pete's back and vise-versa. Pete's has also proven time and again that he is perfectly capable of not letting, his loyalties and his emotions get in the way of making really tough decisions, when it involves whats best for the Seattle Seahawks.

I trust that he will always do, what he believes to the best thing for the team, every single time a choice has to be made, and he is not going to sacrifice, or gamble away, the chances of the Seahawks success, by not dropping the hatchet where and when it needs to be dropped.

Everyone associated with the team understands that at the end of the day it's business and not personal. Players, coaches, coordinators, trainers and anyone in anyway associated with or contributing to the success of the team, understand that are expendable, replaceable, and will be, wherever its deemed necessary. With that understanding there seldom any hard feelings associated with their departure.

Pete and John have established a history, of doing what they can, to help folks find new positions elsewhere, if they do decide to terminate their services with the team. I'm personally really excited about this off-season, like I haven't been in the past 40 seasons before this one. I sensing some real real change coming our way, and am confident that in 2018 we will find the Seahawks, making a really loud statement, that they are a genuine force to be reckoned with in their division.

If you are one of those people that likes to read between the lines, like I am, when you listen to Pete talk, on several occasions, and in one more recent interview, mentioned, that he and John were taking a long and hard look at this past season, and were going to objectively be addressing, all the needs of the team, and then followed those comments by assuring the media and the fans that both he and John, would remain open and receptive, to the insights, of the media and the fans, in their assessment of the teams needs going forward and that they would be included in their decision making processes.

I've pointed this fact out before in this forum, and will continue to remind all of us who care about this team, that what we have to say collectively, is being read and listened to by the Seahawks head office, their coaches, their trainers, and their players, and that what we have to share does find its way into the decision making process.

I think it's helpful to form your thoughts and opinions in a manner that would convince them that our thoughts are well reasoned and thoughtful, and not just reactionary character assassinations that we all are tempted to launch after a tough loss or a tough season in general.

Go Seahawks!

chris98251

Reaction score
pacific101":k3p06v27 said:
I thought that the whole John Schneider Green Bay thing was dead in the water before it started. John had already signed a contract with Seattle and didn't express any interest in abandoning the Seahawks, as long as Pete Carroll wanted to remain head coach with them.

There were reporters that pressed Pete pretty hard in a recent press conference about how confident that he was about John not jumping ship and heading to Green Bay, and Pete said, multiple times, that he was very confident that John and him were planning on sticking around and turning Seattle into a Super Bowl bound team this year.

I think, as is the case with a lot of folks, who are feeling frustrated after this last season, and rightfully so, that many are looking for change, any kind of change, and that kind of thinking, can be a dangerous time for an entity like the Seahawks, in times like these, because that is when dumb decisions are often times made.

It appears to me, and much to the disappointment of a lot of 12th Men and Women, I'm sure, that there is a mindset of stick-to-it-iveness in the Emerald City and in the head offices of the Seattle Seahawks right now. Not to say that there might not be some big changes made, but no one is hitting the panic button, or jumping out the windows without a parachute right now. Something I'm glad to see.

They are on the other hand, taking a long hard look at themselves right now, and I am confident, that once they have objectively assessed things, that changes will come. This is going to be a game changing off-season, and good things are going to come of it. I think there are some real shockers in store, and there are sure to be changes that won't please everyone, but that will, in the overall scheme of things, will change the Seahawks team and how they play in 2018.

Pete Carroll is not only the oldest-youngest coach in the NFL, he is also the smartest and most qualified to be guiding this team forward. John has proven over and over again, that he is on-board with Pete, and is willing to do whatever he can to accommodate Pete's needs. In short John truly has Pete's back and vise-versa. Pete's has also proven time and again that he is perfectly capable of not letting, his loyalties and his emotions get in the way of making really tough decisions, when it involves whats best for the Seattle Seahawks.

I trust that he will always do, what he believes to the best thing for the team, every single time a choice has to be made, and he is not going to sacrifice, or gamble away, the chances of the Seahawks success, by not dropping the hatchet where and when it needs to be dropped.

Everyone associated with the team understands that at the end of the day it's business and not personal. Players, coaches, coordinators, trainers and anyone in anyway associated with or contributing to the success of the team, understand that are expendable, replaceable, and will be, wherever its deemed necessary. With that understanding there seldom any hard feelings associated with their departure.

Pete and John have established a history, of doing what they can, to help folks find new positions elsewhere, if they do decide to terminate their services with the team. I'm personally really excited about this off-season, like I haven't been in the past 40 seasons before this one. I sensing some real real change coming our way, and am confident that in 2018 we will find the Seahawks, making a really loud statement, that they are a genuine force to be reckoned with in their division.

If you are one of those people that likes to read between the lines, like I am, when you listen to Pete talk, on several occasions, and in one more recent interview, mentioned, that he and John were taking a long and hard look at this past season, and were going to objectively be addressing, all the needs of the team, and then followed those comments by assuring the media and the fans that both he and John, would remain open and receptive, to the insights, of the media and the fans, in their assessment of the teams needs going forward and that they would be included in their decision making processes.

I've pointed this fact out before in this forum, and will continue to remind all of us who care about this team, that what we have to say collectively, is being read and listened to by the Seahawks head office, their coaches, their trainers, and their players, and that what we have to share does find its way into the decision making process.

I think it's helpful to form your thoughts and opinions in a manner that would convince them that our thoughts are well reasoned and thoughtful, and not just reactionary character assassinations that we all are tempted to launch after a tough loss or a tough season in general.

Go Seahawks!

Well that's a very long post basically saying in Pete and John I trust.

Last seasons conclusion one of the first things he said was that he was going to fix the running game and the excessive penalties. This past season guess what we led the league in Penalties and our Running game minus Wilson was last in the league, the one change was Sherman Smith asked to step down and it made things worse.

As of now we have seen zero changes this off season, internal evaluations could have been done last year and the same results would be our offense sucks, we can't run and situational play calling and usage of players is abysmal.

So three things come to mind, Pete is to arrogant to admit he is wrong, too loyal to his staff and employees, blind to what is obvious to everyone else.

Delaying changes on the other hand gives other teams a negotiations advantage in that they can go after who they want and sign them while were still trying to evaluate if we have decent personnel.

John Schneider on the other hand has for years said the Packers was his dream job, being told no by the Seahawks this time round when asked to speak to him was protection of our asset, and thankfully his out clause was not in this contract. When it's up again we will see if status quo remains in place or if another clause is put into place provided he and Pete are still here. That will be kind of telling about what he thinks of this situation.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Paul and Tod Leiweke hired John, not Pete. Pete had a role in the decision as to which of the final four candidates he preferred, but John does not report to Pete.

Denying the Packers the right to interview John would have been the decision of Paul and/or current team president, Peter McLoughlin.

Aussie Seahawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":36b0iuvb said:
Time for Paul Allen to bring out that blank check and satisfy Schneider.

Tired of other folks dream jobs being with other organizations. Why can't the Seahawks be a dream job? We have the richest owner in the league

Hear HEAR! EXACTLY! But, I am in ignorance, how can this be exploited? I read somewhere that Paul Allen's net worth (and I don't like that raw stat; it seems a bit vulgar) is more than all the other NFL owners combined(?)

Of course players' salary cap, whatever it is, is sacrosant, but how else can we out-spend?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Aussie Seahawk":227kseg6 said:
Jerhawk":227kseg6 said:
Time for Paul Allen to bring out that blank check and satisfy Schneider.

Tired of other folks dream jobs being with other organizations. Why can't the Seahawks be a dream job? We have the richest owner in the league

Hear HEAR! EXACTLY! But, I am in ignorance, how can this be exploited? I read somewhere that Paul Allen's net worth (and I don't like that raw stat; it seems a bit vulgar) is more than all the other NFL owners combined(?)

Of course players' salary cap, whatever it is, is sacrosant, but how else can we out-spend?

Hide suitcases full of millions of dollars all over the city and send stupidly easy treasure maps to the players.