Packers fans, you were warned

jlwaters1

Reaction score
kpak76":1q1gh7h0 said:
Well not all Wacker fans believe what they saw. This one here thinks they aren't 20 points worse than us. Hopes for a Harvin injury, thinks that the Packers would be alright if they can avoid Seattle, San Fran, and the NYG. Oh and he thinks Wilson isn't that good and thinks he only a game manager.

How does one watch THAT game and still have such a homeristick view on things?

http://packersnews.net/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21584

NYG? That's funny? The NFC EAST will be a joke this year. Dallas, Washington, and Giants look to be average--> bad this year.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
The Great Hawktini":3te1zv2p said:
You guys notice we just don't beat teams we take the soul right out of their hopes, and leave them to collectively think about changing the way they play.

That's how the dominators dominate. Take it all, and let them deal with what remains.

RiverDog

Reaction score
kpak76":22sxghcl said:
Seahawk Sailor":22sxghcl said:
RiverDog":22sxghcl said:
The Great Hawktini":22sxghcl said:
You guys notice we just don't beat teams we take the soul right out of their hopes, and leave them to collectively think about changing the way they play.

Reading this brought my thoughts back to the Houston game last season. Losing that game to us not only changed their style of play, it started them on an out of control, train wreck at the bottom of the hill season that resulted in a revamping of their entire franchise.

Except that we didn't lose the Houston game last year.

Pretty sure you misunderstand what he was saying. He was saying when the Texans lost to us they turned into a train wreck... and that is completely true.

That's exactly what I was trying to say, and I'm glad you saw the result of the Texans game the same way I did.

kpak76

Reaction score
RiverDog":j3fw5few said:
That's exactly what I was trying to say, and I'm glad you saw the result of the Texans game the same way I did.

Well we aren't alone. Anyone who followed the Texans last year saw it this way. Its because it happened that way LOL.

We broke the Texans last year (particulary Shaub, he wasnt the same QB after playing us).

sc85sis

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":wch7t5xo said:
HansGruber":wch7t5xo said:
I don't see any team in our league.

What's funny is the last football team that looked this dominant was the USC Trojans. They literally look like a pro team paying NCAA opponents.

Man, I want to say they have something in common, but for the life of me I can't think of what. :mrgreen:
And that is why I followed Pete to the Seahawks! I knew when he went up there good things were going to happen in Seattle, and there was no way I was going to miss it. Having family history in the Emerald City makes it that much sweeter.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
kpak76":1p5bhars said:
Seahawk Sailor":1p5bhars said:
RiverDog":1p5bhars said:
The Great Hawktini":1p5bhars said:

Reading this brought my thoughts back to the Houston game last season. Losing that game to us not only changed their style of play, it started them on an out of control, train wreck at the bottom of the hill season that resulted in a revamping of their entire franchise.

Except that we didn't lose the Houston game last year.

Pretty sure you misunderstand what he was saying. He was saying when the Texans lost to us they turned into a train wreck... and that is completely true.

Ah yep. My reading comprehension's just fine, it's just that I have to skim and speed read to get through all the posts and do my duties as a regulator here.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Did I miss the pack of Packer fans that infiltrated this forum? I've not seen many (they must be hiding). But if they are here, I assume they'd visit this thread. My question doesn't warrant a thread, so I hope it's cool to ask it here.

Pack of Packer fans:

How much do you attribute your beat-down to HFA? I would think little, but I've never met a Packer fan that didn't feel they could beat any team at Lambeau. Knowing what you know now, what would be your score prediction if the game had been played at Lambeau?

I say Hawks 31 Packers 19. What sez you?

RiverDog

Reaction score
kpak76":1wuwcs46 said:
RiverDog":1wuwcs46 said:

Well we aren't alone. Anyone who followed the Texans last year saw it this way. Its because it happened that way LOL.

We broke the Texans last year (particulary Shaub, he wasnt the same QB after playing us).

Shaub had already started his decline, threw a pick 6 against Baltimore the previous weekend that led directly to a loss. They were 2-1 heading into the game with us. But the game with us, when they had a 3 score lead at one point and still lost, was the real killer.

I attended that game and remember the aftermath. In the parking lot after the game, someone paid another Texan's fan $200 for a Scaub #8 jersey, then immediately proceeded to burn it. The next morning, a pizza restaurant was offering a Matt Shaub special: Pick 6 toppings then pay for it dearly.

TwilightError

Reaction score
RiverDog":254ht2w1 said:
The next morning, a pizza restaurant was offering a Matt Shaub special: Pick 6 toppings then pay for it dearly.

Gotta love that :lol:

I just wonder what "dearly" is in dollars?

taco40

Reaction score
kpak76":3uf97d1b said:
Well not all Wacker fans believe what they saw. This one here thinks they aren't 20 points worse than us. Hopes for a Harvin injury, thinks that the Packers would be alright if they can avoid Seattle, San Fran, and the NYG. Oh and he thinks Wilson isn't that good and thinks he only a game manager.

How does one watch THAT game and still have such a homeristick view on things?

http://packersnews.net/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21584

Reread that post with the thought that the writer is being ironic and sarcastic and you may then realize he was telling his readers that they don't have much of a chance. Folks who think they know sarcasm need to move to the Midwest for a while to really learn it. Just walking around with a t-shirt claiming they offer it doesn't cut it. :D

:les:

rubyweapon7

Reaction score
I agree. My Packers just plain sucked ass. Watching that game as a Packers was like going on a 3 hour bathroom break.

rubyweapon7

Reaction score
That "Fail Mary" game was the worst officiated game I have ever watched on both sides. I will say I am one of those Packers fans that thinks we were robbed in the end but that is in the past. The officiating in the game a couple days ago was fair although some of my fellow Packers fans are still saying the refs were against us.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
After reading some of the Packer fans' post game comments I have to put them at a much higher level than the general SF population, the Broncos group for sure and MILES ahead of the NOLA fan base (save for Guido and IronSaint who are good enough to balance most of the NOLA hate club)

They are knee jerking, but that's to be expected. For the most part they aren't anything like Niner fans, very few if any complaints about fantasy excuses, they acknowledge that the Hawks busted out the effort and played fundamental football with tackling and blocking.

Based on the butt-hurt they had for some of us predicting a dominant win I assumed that they would follow suit with the typical hater behavior. There is a few things, but overall they swallowed that pride and showed as much control as they could considering the weighted outcome. I can understand the confidence, especially in week 1. Now that it has happened to them, they are more understanding of why some of us weren't inclined to call it a close game.

Not bad Packer Backers. And now we move on from the 2012 results.

The Packers are going to win a lot of games this year and I think will easily handle their division. They just don't match up with either SF/SEA in a big way. In a single playoff game you never know, but they aren't likely to overcome the challenges of SF/SEA.

RiverDog

Reaction score
rubyweapon7":1b26uq3e said:
That "Fail Mary" game was the worst officiated game I have ever watched on both sides. I will say I am one of those Packers fans that thinks we were robbed in the end but that is in the past. The officiating in the game a couple days ago was fair although some of my fellow Packers fans are still saying the refs were against us.

Ask them if they saw the Clay Mathews flop that drew a 10 yard holding penalty. That act doesn't even work in soccer.

rubyweapon7

Reaction score
RiverDog":2c8evb44 said:
rubyweapon7":2c8evb44 said:

Ask them if they saw the Clay Mathews flop that drew a 10 yard holding penalty. That act doesn't even work in soccer.

I agree it was pretty bad.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
The problem with the flop was it WAS holding. I watched the game last night and finished it this morning. He was held on his right shoulder for about 1.5 seconds and then did the flop. But there was holding. On one side you can see it, on the other you cant. But he did exploit it. Just wanted to clarify as I watched that part this morning. I did not see the last 2mins of the game as my recording elapsed. Go Hawks.

Latest posts