Panther Fans Need To Watch XL

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The game was too big for Carolina's petulant child QB.
When things are going good for him he tells you how great he is, celebrating every first down like its the first time, taking selfies during the game etc etc. When things are not going great he is sulking and hiding under his towel, or his hoodie.

I've heard the excuse "He's on 26 years old"....... Where I'm from that's a grown ass man!

Karma's a bitch panther fans, officiating didn't cost your team the game, poor play from your offense and your immature QB DID!

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Every big game gets the same scornful scrutiny by the losing fan base.

These days you gotta score more than 10 points to win a SB. They didn't.

253hawk

Reaction score
HomerJHawk":22ldhdli said:
These days you gotta score more than 10 points to win a SB. They didn't.

In the modern era, no SB winning team has scored less than 17 points (Giants saving us all from 19-0). Never going to win scoring 10 and turning the ball over 4 times in the process.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Im shocked nobody is mentioning the late hit flag on Cam when he was running the ball even though he wasnt even down and the S came in and hit him right before his knee was down and he wasnt sliding or anything...I thought that was the worst call of the night.

Of course the next play Tolbert fumbled it but still it took the Panthers from their own 34 to the 50

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
253hawk":eurl98ty said:
I thought the incomplete call was fine. Tip hits the ground, causes the ball to move. Cut and dry.

Di5hBdM

They got away with several blatant holds on Ware and Miller who were reaching out to sack Newton deep in the backfield, a couple of intentional grounding calls, a bizarro 'late hit' on Newton's run where he fumbled, the contact on Norwood before he even fielded the punt return, etc. Sounds more like a 15-1 fan base that got too used to winning against a soft schedule, suddenly came crashing back down to earth and is looking for excuses because their MVP got taken out behind the woodshed.

Thanks for this look. In very slo mo, you can see the ball move on the one ground touch and then he works at trying to get the possession of the ball back to normal. Thanks again.

Go Hawks.

Exittium

Reaction score
kearly":9m4xmr5h said:
I thought the officiating actually favored Carolina, I can't remember watching a game with more flagrant holds in the middle of the action not getting called.

Carolina has been playing chippy after the whistle all season and it finally hurt them in this game.

I can, re watch most our games this year. Bennett and Avril were getting that treatment by Olines for a good 90% of the season. That's why it felt like we had no pass rush or that it wasn't as effective as it was last yr or the year before.

chris98251

Reaction score
I thought it was a catch, but more important it set the mental landscape for Newton and Rivera, after that challenge they lost something that carried over the rest of the game, I would say it was the button that caused them to blow themselves up.

Vancanhawksfan

Reaction score
lobohawk":31craa6d said:
253hawk":31craa6d said:
I thought the incomplete call was fine. Tip hits the ground, causes the ball to move. Cut and dry.

Di5hBdM

They got away with several blatant holds on Ware and Miller who were reaching out to sack Newton deep in the backfield, a couple of intentional grounding calls, a bizarro 'late hit' on Newton's run where he fumbled, the contact on Norwood before he even fielded the punt return, etc. Sounds more like a 15-1 fan base that got too used to winning against a soft schedule, suddenly came crashing back down to earth and is looking for excuses because their MVP got taken out behind the woodshed.

Disagree. That was a catch. Sure the ball is nudged by the ground while he held it, but it never touched the ground again. Meaning he maintained control regardless of the impact. I think the refs thought it touched the ground again as he rolled over, but one view (they only showed it once), showed how he kept it off the ground.

Course, as has been said, there's a good chance they would still be stuffed. The real impact is that they wouldn't have been backed up in their end with bad down-distance, which lead to the first strip sack. And as much as I like Cotchery, he left doubt by bobbling the catch.

If you watch that play from the reverse angle you can see the ground pressing against the ball. That said I thought the call could have gone either way.

I told my buddy that the call on the field would stand whether it was a completion or incompletion as the original ruling, because the replay would be inconclusive and unable to overturn the original call regardless of which way it was. That call was too hard to say.

HawkGA

Reaction score
lobohawk":1azv783f said:
253hawk":1azv783f said:

Di5hBdM

Disagree. That was a catch. Sure the ball is nudged by the ground while he held it, but it never touched the ground again. Meaning he maintained control regardless of the impact. I think the refs thought it touched the ground again as he rolled over, but one view (they only showed it once), showed how he kept it off the ground.

Course, as has been said, there's a good chance they would still be stuffed. The real impact is that they wouldn't have been backed up in their end with bad down-distance, which lead to the first strip sack. And as much as I like Cotchery, he left doubt by bobbling the catch.

If the ball moves at all when it touches the ground it isn't a catch. That said, I didn't think it touched the ground at all.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3ejokvib said:
The game was too big for Carolina's petulant child QB.
When things are going good for him he tells you how great he is, celebrating every first down like its the first time, taking selfies during the game etc etc. When things are not going great he is sulking and hiding under his towel, or his hoodie.

I've heard the excuse "He's on 26 years old"....... Where I'm from that's a grown ass man!

Karma's a bitch panther fans, officiating didn't cost your team the game, poor play from your offense and your immature QB DID!
Too big?, yep, it was a shock to the Panthers & ESPECIALLY Newton.
That's exactly why Cam was sulking and stormed out of the Post Game interview....The Referees weren't GIVING him anything, and there was no entitlement.
That excuse where he had overheard some Bronco Defender boasting about keeping him in check, does NOT explain nor excuse him pouting & sniveling BEFORE he even overheard that other interview going on.
When everything is going his way, Cam Newton acts like a big shot, and adversity and he gets all childish.
Newton needs to man up, he needs to watch how Peyton Manning handled the 43 to 8 ass whooping that the Seahawks gave him in SB 48....I imagine he felt down about the loss, but he didn't snivel IN PUBLIC like a little kid.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
nIdahoSeahawk":1xpmxp4w said:
I keep seeing all over social media how "the refs screwed Carolina." Carolina played an aweful game and deserved to lose. The only bad calls I saw were the uncalled sack on manning (which was overturned anyway), and the missed intentional grounding by Cam. So a typical missed call here and there on BOTH sides. Can't believe they honestly think they were jobbed by the refs. Go watch XL you entitled crybabies.

The catch that was reviewed and still ruled an incompletion was a horrible, horrible call. Immediately my mind went to SBXL*, and a redux with Peyton Manning needing to go out on top as a champion. The table was set for it. And from that point early on in the game, I watched specifically for just that: intentional bad calls against Carolina that skewed the game in Denver's favor. And I didn't see it at all. Anyone comparing this game to SBXL* is that guy who visits a guy in traction at the hospital and says, "Yeah, I know how you feel. I banged my shin on the coffee table once and it really hurt!"

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3o1brihm said:
nIdahoSeahawk":3o1brihm said:
I keep seeing all over social media how "the refs screwed Carolina." Carolina played an aweful game and deserved to lose. The only bad calls I saw were the uncalled sack on manning (which was overturned anyway), and the missed intentional grounding by Cam. So a typical missed call here and there on BOTH sides. Can't believe they honestly think they were jobbed by the refs. Go watch XL you entitled crybabies.

The catch that was reviewed and still ruled an incompletion was a horrible, horrible call. Immediately my mind went to SBXL*, and a redux with Peyton Manning needing to go out on top as a champion. The table was set for it. And from that point early on in the game, I watched specifically for just that: intentional bad calls against Carolina that skewed the game in Denver's favor. And I didn't see it at all. Anyone comparing this game to SBXL* is that guy who visits a guy in traction at the hospital and says, "Yeah, I know how you feel. I banged my shin on the coffee table once and it really hurt!"
Money post sir! :th2thumbs:

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
lobohawk":32jof0nx said:
253hawk":32jof0nx said:

Di5hBdM

If the ball touches the ground and then moves, it doesn't matter what happens after that. Its incomplete the moment he loses control.

Vancanhawksfan

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":10cz1rgi said:
nIdahoSeahawk":10cz1rgi said:

The catch that was reviewed and still ruled an incompletion was a horrible, horrible call. "

And this is why I know that our world is doomed to die through either overpopulation, global warming, nuclear war or some other thing that we can't agree on.

If you look at the gif above of that catch, you can clearly see the ground touch the ball. Because of that there is doubt - people can argue one way that it may be a catch but people can argue the other way that it isn't a catch. It is indisputable that an argument can be legitimately made for either case.

The ruling on the field was incomplete. To suggest that an official on the field made some kind of egregious error by calling it incomplete is delusional - people can't even agree when viewing the gif in slow motion.

So the ruling on the field must stand if the video replay does not conclusively provide evidence that it can be overturned. How on earth can anyone conclusively state that it MUST be a catch when you view it in slow motion and see the ground touching the football? I understand that you can't conclusively state that it was a drop either...but that isn't the point. The point is that even when viewing it in slow motion there is no disputing that a case can be made either way - ie. it is inconclusive...therefore the ruling on the field stands.

People are stupid. They don't understand the rules and just state whatever crap comes to their minds. And that is why our world is doomed - because too many people are stupid yet everyone's given a vote.

253hawk

Reaction score
Here, I blew it up a bit.

Ball touch ground. Ball move. You can see it deform a little and bounce/twist as it comes off the turf.

AccuratePassionateApe

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
253hawk":2g6oo1ud said:
Here, I blew it up a bit.

Ball touch ground. Ball move. You can see it deform a little and bounce/twist as it comes off the turf.

AccuratePassionateApe
Nice.