To the doomers and the optimists:

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Considering what happened today, I'm feeling rather prophetic.

Also, there is no way this can be explained by injuries on the defense, so don't even try, in case anyone was leaning in that direction.

Siouxhawk, I'm particularly looking forward to your defense of Bevell in a game where we lost by five scores and got exactly one score ourselves. At home.

SeaChat

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":kz14lbsu said:
Garbage post. Disguising facts as opinions doesn't warrant much credibility. Aside from some pretty big injuries, the Hawks are fine as a whole and the system produces a Super Bowl contender each and every year.

Yeah I hear that. Its always a trippin experience in this forum after a loss. you could go back to any point in time since 2014 after we lost one, and copy paste the post from all the usual suspects, changing the team and date of the game we lost, and the read would be almost verbatim.

Let us win a couple of games and they all go quiet until their is another opportunity to pounce. I know I don't share in the majority opinion in here, but I'm consistent in my message and beliefs. I still say the Seahawks have come a long way as a team this year both on offense and defense, and with more time playing together they can compete with any team in the NFL, and on a good day kick any teams butt out there.

I'm optimistic to a fault, and again contrary to popular opinion, and probably common sense as well, I still believe that the Seahawks will find a way to advance in the playoff picture and perhaps give themselves a shot at the Super Bowl in 2018. That's no crazier than those of you who have already sealed the fate of the team, called for the heads of our coaches , based on an 8 and 6 season.with two games left and a possibility of advancing all the way.

I wonder how many of these same people would be saying how it was a terrible thing that we did manage to pull it off , that it was a bad thing because now the Seahawks wouldn't fire all the coaches, and would go on believing in the team of coaches they trusted and believed in to give us that shot.

I'm really looking forward to the next couple of games we win and reading the post in here afterwards. About half the number of post and a lot more positive and supportive spirit that comes alive in those moments in time.

Go Seahawks !

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
bevellisthedevil":21pi4ghm said:
2010 7-9
2011 7-9
2012 11-5
2013 13-3
2014 12-4
2015 10-6
2016 10-5-1
2017 9-7

Plot these numbers on a graph and tell me there is no downward trend.

It is a slow decline but a decline nonetheless. Injuries this year have definitely hurt the hawks but I think the rest of the league has caught up with the team and our inability to adapt will continue this trend regardless of injuries.

If you are happy with making the playoffs and going one and done, good for you. This team will make you extremely happy.

If you are unhappy with making the playoffs and going one and done, good for you. This team will make you extremely unhappy.

Edited for people who are graphing the Seahawks record over the past 7 years to determine if this is actually a downward trend.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
pacific101":1pg21399 said:
Siouxhawk":1pg21399 said:
Garbage post. Disguising facts as opinions doesn't warrant much credibility. Aside from some pretty big injuries, the Hawks are fine as a whole and the system produces a Super Bowl contender each and every year.

Yeah I hear that. Its always a trippin experience in this forum after a loss. you could go back to any point in time since 2014 after we lost one, and copy paste the post from all the usual suspects, changing the team and date of the game we lost, and the read would be almost verbatim.

Let us win a couple of games and they all go quiet until their is another opportunity to pounce. I know I don't share in the majority opinion in here, but I'm consistent in my message and beliefs. I still say the Seahawks have come a long way as a team this year both on offense and defense, and with more time playing together they can compete with any team in the NFL, and on a good day kick any teams butt out there.

I'm optimistic to a fault, and again contrary to popular opinion, and probably common sense as well, I still believe that the Seahawks will find a way to advance in the playoff picture and perhaps give themselves a shot at the Super Bowl in 2018. That's no crazier than those of you who have already sealed the fate of the team, called for the heads of our coaches , based on an 8 and 6 season.with two games left and a possibility of advancing all the way.

I wonder how many of these same people would be saying how it was a terrible thing that we did manage to pull it off , that it was a bad thing because now the Seahawks wouldn't fire all the coaches, and would go on believing in the team of coaches they trusted and believed in to give us that shot.

I'm really looking forward to the next couple of games we win and reading the post in here afterwards. About half the number of post and a lot more positive and supportive spirit that comes alive in those moments in time.

Go Seahawks !
I share your viewpoint, Pacific, and appreciate your tell-it-like-is posts. You get it.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":173ftkw8 said:
With 3 games remaining and a home tilt to strongly solidify our quest to win another division title, I firmly believe we will make the playoffs again. Don't you?

No

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And there we are, the I told you so responses. Yawn, they got smoked, no need to rub it in. Especially when people couldn't man up when they were wrong about the Eagles game.
We get it, you thought they would lose. Does it feel good?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":30d3ghz3 said:
And there we are, the I told you so responses. Yawn, they got smoked, no need to rub it in. Especially when people couldn't man up when they were wrong about the Eagles game.
We get it, you thought they would lose. Does it feel good?

No it doesnt feel good. It doesnt feel good explaining things to members on here who refuse to accept it either.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Do you really think people here are gloating when we lose? Especially when we lose like that? Gimme a break man, they view the team one way and you view it another. Any argument is about whose point of view is correct, I don't think anyone here wants to see the team lose unless they're going for higher draft position, which is a different argument in of itself.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yes, people do enjoy saying I told you so. They were horrific yesterday, we get it. And absolutely there need to be a lot of changes in the off-season.

randomation

Reaction score
Look at it this way if when Bevell is fired certain delusional members will probably stop posting please Paul save us.

mrt144

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":qw1wjqm1 said:
Yes, people do enjoy saying I told you so. They were horrific yesterday, we get it. And absolutely there need to be a lot of changes in the off-season.

They enjoy it in equal proportion to those they're telling 'told ya so' enjoy never wavering from their opinion. You take away the handful of die hard sycophants and the told ya sos dry like Windex.

mrt144

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":7n3dbdsv said:
All a matter of opinion. Telling people you were right about a loss and pumping your chest out is pathetic.

It's the only silver lining to a dark cloud for some people. I find the ignore function is better.

supralightning

Reaction score
You make a lot of valid points, but let's be honest. The down trend for this team began before the super bowl loss. It was magnified by that fateful play, but remember how fortunate we were to even win that NFC championship against Green Bay. It was a hell of a comeback, one for the ages even. But it doesn't change the fact that we played like garbage for 3 quarters AT HOME in an NFC championship game with a trip to the Superbowl on the line.

I realize winning such games is tough, but look at how we started that game against Green Bay. No offensive swagger, failing to convert, throwing interceptions, starting like a slug on offense.... Sounds a lot like what this team has done for the last few years.

There were problems as early as 2014. It took a miracle to get us back to a second Superbowl. The offensive line continues to be ignored despite the obvious glaring problems it is causing our entire team. Why it is seen as an acceptable area to overlook because we have a "mobile" quarterback is simply asinine.

We can be a lot better. A running game starts with the OFFENSIVE LINE. NOT the running back.

I hope we have a productive off-season. Nothing will ever take away from how awesome this team was and how much they stomped through Superbowl 48. But as a fan I would like to see us make productive and logical changes. Let's do the best that we can to be competitive! Not just tenure folks who frankly, can't get the job done in today's league any longer.

All the best and Happy New Year, folks! Bottom's up.