Patriots Deflate-Gate?

ringless

Reaction score
The punishment should be huge because the same HC has been involved in many questionable situations like this. Football is a game of inches. Just look at the rams and Tennessee Super Bowl or most games. The patriots have multiple times found ways to get the inches by breaking the rules or crossing a line. The punishment needs to be a severe one and try need to be made an example of. Patsfan its nothing even against the patriots. Most people don't care bc your not in our conference even. But this game needs to have that integrity. If teams were constantly cheating against the patriots I think you would find yourself upset. Wouldn't it just be better of your team player within the rules? They don't so in a 100yd dash the find a way to cheat themselves to a 5yd head start. I'm sure there is a lot the patriots haven't even busted for. We have all broke the law whether it was speeding or a more significant crime. Most the time we get away with it. But if you cheat all the time or break the law all the time eventually you get caught. The patriots got caught again! But how much have they gotten away with?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Captain Silver":2m4aeowg said:
Hi Hawks fans,

I am a visiting Ravens fan and love your brand of football, you guys play D. Much respect. Richard Sherman is actually my favorite NFL player right now.

Anyway, I did a little Photoshop to inspire you to beat those cheating bastards.

superbowl.jpg
Haha, welcome to the forum, Captain. Any chance you could go back into Photoshop for a moment and spell "sponsor" correctly, though? ;)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Brady would have been better served to go the Belicheat route and just read a prepared statement and be done with it, cause he came off REALLY poorly.

Anytime someone's coached up and extra careful with every single word and phrase, then you know they're lying. Brady kept saying "I didn't do anything"..............and "I didn't know".............and avoided half the questions.

Of course YOU didn't do it personally dumb ass, we wanna know if you TOLD someone to do that. Liar liar pants on fire.

It's all good, lots of distractions for the Pats.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
This is getting pinned on an equipment manager. No doubt.

And they are both full of shit. Bill for saying he doesn't know any of the ball rules, and Tom for saying that ball selection is important, then a second later saying he can't tell the difference on the field between a properly inflated ball and a deflated ball.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Brady said in his press conference that he liked the ball at 12 and a half, yet can't tell the difference? What a flipping joke. How the hell does he know that he likes the ball at 12 and a half psi if he can't tell the difference?

I can't wait to watch him throw balls at 13 psi in the Super Bowl to Richard Sherman.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2xisu3bc said:

And they are both full of shit. Bill for saying he doesn't know any of the ball rules, and Tom for saying that ball selection is important, then a second later saying he can't tell the difference on the field between a properly inflated ball and a deflated ball.

I agree.

They better be careful if they try that. No one will believe it besides Patriot homers.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It absolutely will be some peon equipment manager or ball boy.

Goodell has to have his scapegoat to satiate the unwashed masses, and Kraft and Belicheat will give him one. Some kid named Ronnie who got a 600 on his SAT and is in the special school down the street.

Then Goodell will fine the Patriots and maybe take away a 7th round pick.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Funny, funny stuff. Watching Bill and Tom squirm is amusing to me.

Still, I have questions.
Why was Bill shocked to learn of the investigation Monday? Was he somehow unaware that the NFL had confiscated 12 balls at halftime?

If Tom can't tell that the balls are under inflated, why can a linebacker?

In the unlikely event they both really know nothing, how much institutional control is there on the one team in the league that is afraid to say boo without Bill's permission? Equipment guys just feel free to let air out of footballs without being told to?

huskylawyer

Reaction score
What boggles my mind, is here we are on Thursday, and Brady says the NFL hasn't spoken with him?

Umm....what?

Goodell and his keystone cops are such clowns. You'd think they'd learn after the Rice fiasco they would learn how to investigate. So what do they do? They let time go by so the insiders can "get their stories straight" and don't talk to the QB (the person who has most to gain) 4 days later.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3ajrg8ew said:

Wasn't that the same excuse Bill pulled out for his spying? "Didn't know it was against the rules". For someone so 'creative and original' he's either a huge dumbass or a gigantic and unoriginal liar.

WendellWent

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2vja2cls said:
Scottemojo":2vja2cls said:

Wasn't that the same excuse Bill pulled out for his spying? "Didn't know it was against the rules". For someone so 'creative and original' he's either a huge dumbass or a gigantic and unoriginal liar.

He claimed at the time that it was a misinterpretation of the rules. The rule stated that you couldn't use those hand signal tapes to gain competitive advantage during a game. The Patriots were supposedly using them as reference for future game planning, and not for the game that they were taping. Which to be fair, was a reasonable interpretation. But the league sent out a memo to all teams specifying what was and wasn't allowed under the rule and when the Patriots continued to tape hand signals, and the league was tipped off to it, they finally got in trouble.

So there are some parallels for sure.

mikeak

Reaction score
Scottemojo":371b7t40 said:
If Tom can't tell that the balls are under inflated, why can a linebacker?

Because just like Edelman said - it felt like normal

Brady doesn't know what it is like to play with a properly inflated ball because they have been deflating them for so long

Which is why he will have the ball slip out of his hands during the super-bowl

chris98251

Reaction score
Well Brunell and others are saying he is a Liar, I tend to support that point of view, the Patriots have been on the fringe of breaking rules or actually breaking them for years, you just deny deny, deny until you can formulate the scape goat.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Pats fan1":3ogrrj1f said:
There are rumors that the Colts knew about these "deflated footballs" during the Colts/Pats regular season game or after that regular season game. So I bet you Pagano and Jim Irsay wanted to wait to leak this to the media at the biggest game for them to embarrass the Pats. They sat on this info.
Bullshit, pure bullshit, the Colts knew about the "deflated footballs" during that regular Season game alright ,but they didn't "sat on this info" as you put it, they gave the League a heads up right after their earlier matchup with the Patriots, and the League Officials did NOTHING about the cheating.
Win or lose, It's still CHEATING.
There's a damned good reason that the League has some of these rules in place, they're suppose to be 100% neutral, and playing field is exactly the same for ALL in the competitions.
Equipment standards, and game balls are supposed to be between 12 1/2, to 13 1/2 lbs. no more, no less, no exceptions, and it doesn't matter how Brady, or any other Quarterback in the League wishes them to be.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, I pumped the football in my closet to 13 PSI, then deflated it to 11.

...There is no way Brady played a game without noticing a ~20% PSI difference in his footballs.

NO.
WAY.

Foghawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2xppy3ta said:
Out of curiosity, I pumped the football in my closet to 13 PSI, then deflated it to 11.

...There is no way Brady played a game without noticing a ~20% PSI difference in his footballs.

NO.
WAY.

Yep, quite a bit of difference. Anyone that says different should try what you did themselves.

TXHawk

Reaction score
Check this out: http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/blog/?p=2932

Someone did a study of fumble tendencies and apparently the number of times the Patriots fumbled dropped dramatically beginning in 2007 and have been so abnormally off the charts for a cold weather non-dome team as to be nearly statistically impossible.

It looks to me like they've been deflating footballs since 2007.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
TXHawk":37qismex said:
Check this out: http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/blog/?p=2932

Someone did a study of fumble tendencies and apparently the number of times the Patriots fumbled dropped dramatically beginning in 2007 and have been so abnormally off the charts for a cold weather non-dome team as to be nearly statistically impossible.

It looks to me like they've been deflating footballs since 2007.

That is really damning stuff. They are so far off the norm it is very suspicious.

Look how far outside the norm they are.

Fumble-Chart-1.png

Latest posts