Patriots fan in peace.

Tical21

Reaction score
I don't have it in me to congratulate the Pats on a hard-fought victory. I can congratulate them on playing a good game, sure. And a nice season. But we won that game.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan":2c63mj7q said:
hawknation2015":2c63mj7q said:
I appreciate the fact that Patriots' fans want to believe they earned this win rather than were handed it due to a poor decision to throw the ball on the one-yard line.

Well if they didn't let go of a 10 point lead they wouldn't have had to make that 1 play at the goal-line in the first place.

So, as usual, it's not just 1 play that cost a team a game.

Injuries are a beetch.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Congrats. I pretty much agree with all you said.

Wouldn't it be epic if we get to face off again next year in Santa Clara?

- bsd RPA

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Congrats to your team. They won. Whichever site you belong to on your end, please say the same for me there. I would appreciate it. I have not gone to your sites as I only have so much time in a day. Classy post on your part and both teams have the tools to be back next year in the goat track.....Santa Clara. Good luck this year in the draft....and can we at least look at the trophy once in a while??? :mrgreen:

Have fun.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Thank you, appreciate your post. Feels good yo know its a game that doesn't mean fans to be civil.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Tical21":ufvzgrz9 said:
I don't have it in me to congratulate the Pats on a hard-fought victory. I can congratulate them on playing a good game, sure. And a nice season. But we won that game.

With that line of thinking, we didn't even make it to Super Bowl 49, because the Packers beat us. That is what several were saying on their forum. I'm sure you didn't agree with them. Winners give it their all until the clock says 00 ,and Patriots did just that.

LTH

Reaction score
Thanks for the post... All I can say watching the emotional ups and downs of the Playoffs and SB is UNBELIEVABLE! Great games... best Ive ever seen.. UNBELIEVABLE is the only way I can define it...

LTH

ivotuk

Reaction score
Great post LITP. Thanks for stopping by and please don't make this your last time. Posters from opposing teams add a lot of value and a great point of view that we might otherwise be blind to.

Every Seahawks fan is in a lot of pain, but it's nothing compared to the pain the players on our team feel so I take solace in that. But that pain is going to take a while to subside so if some on here respond negatively, just take it with a grain of salt.

:th2thumbs:

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan":g04ddx2m said:
hawknation2015":g04ddx2m said:
I appreciate the fact that Patriots' fans want to believe they earned this win rather than were handed it due to a poor decision to throw the ball on the one-yard line.

Well if they didn't let go of a 10 point lead they wouldn't have had to make that 1 play at the goal-line in the first place.

So, as usual, it's not just 1 play that cost a team a game.

I'm gonna go console myself by watching Romo try to run away from Big Play Babs.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Good post LITP. I'll be rooting for the Pats next year so we can have a Super Bowl rematch and then ABSOLUTELY DESTROY YOUR TEAM!

/I'm not kidding.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Thanks for stopping by with the classy post. Yeah, it's still a bitter, bitter pill for a lot of us to swallow. Before the Pete Carroll era here in Seattle, I guarantee most Seahawks fans would have been on the edge of their seats in worry, wondering how the team would blow a chance at the win out at the last second. Since Pete took over, that has changed, and I'd bet almost 100% of the fans absolutely knew we were going to stuff it into the end zone for the win. Nine out of ten times we do. You guys caught a break on a fantastic defensive play off a bone-headed offensive coordinator's call. I thought this one would come down to the wire, and it most certainly did.

A little note on Sherman. He's not exactly the loud-mouthed ass everyone thinks he is. He's a Stanford grad, and pretty smart at what he does. He's addressed the issue of marketing himself from the very beginning of his career, and he's done well at getting his name out as a household name. Much of his publicity--including, I might guess, the outburst after the NFC Division Championship against the 49ers--has been calculated. While he was in the heat of the moment then, he probably gave at least a bit of thought as to how that was going to be perceived, and went from there with it. But that's not who he is. He's actually quite the opposite. He talks trash on the field, as the majority of players do, but the only difference is he doesn't mind not hiding it from the media. He's also a very good sport and a graceful loser or winner--with the caveat that if someone else isn't, he will treat them with the same class as they treat him. Just look at what he says to and about Larry Fitzgerald, for example.

Hope to see you back next year for a rematch so we can kick your butts in our division rival's stadium for our second Super Bowl win.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Congrats on the win in what was really a great Super Bowl with 2 very good teams that literally was in doubt to the end.

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
Reaneypark":16wgrhlt said:
Good post LITP. I'll be rooting for the Pats next year so we can have a Super Bowl rematch and then ABSOLUTELY DESTROY YOUR TEAM!

/I'm not kidding.

Careful now, look what disrespecting the Pats did to you this time. Just kidding, I think there's a decent chance for a rematch, these 2 teams are young and talented, with good QB's and coaching.

What you're learning this year, though, is how hard it is to sustain being the best. Pats fans are experts in this area. Injuries, teams stealing your players and coaches, the media & public hate, and just plain luck all play huge roles in the biggest games.

Rex

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":acjhq0td said:
Reaneypark":acjhq0td said:

/I'm not kidding.

Careful now, look what disrespecting the Pats did to you this time. Just kidding, I think there's a decent chance for a rematch, these 2 teams are young and talented, with good QB's and coaching.

What you're learning this year, though, is how hard it is to sustain being the best. Pats fans are experts in this area. Injuries, teams stealing your players and coaches, the media & public hate, and just plain luck all play huge roles in the biggest games.

Yes but cheating gets you where you want to be or why else would you do it so often? :pukeface:

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":2unajqfe said:
hawknation2015":2unajqfe said:

Running it from the five-yard line is a lot different than the one-yard line. That was a gimmee for Marshawn.

As far as our defense goes, we were decimated by injuries. Thomas, Chancellor, Sherman, and Lane all need surgeries. Our backup CB, Simon, was also playing with a separated shoulder and broken finger. Avril, our best outside pass rusher, was eliminated due to concussion. And despite all that, we would have won the damn game if we had just given it to Beast Mode.

Try being a gracious loser man! The guy came on here to give us props, and build us up.

I agree with Ace. Sore loser to the nth degree there hawknation. Yes, it was a bad call, but Brady was really damn good all day. Would have been nice if we'd have scored ANY points in the last 20 minutes of the game so that the last play didn't mean as much eh? He came in peace, showed why he though the Hawks played really damn well, gave us props. Then you crapped all over him. Poor form dude.

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
Rex":32sjtlzm said:
50yrpatsfan":32sjtlzm said:
Reaneypark":32sjtlzm said:

/I'm not kidding.

Yes but cheating gets you where you want to be or why else would you do it so often? :pukeface:

If anything, this game showed that cheating has nothing to do with NE's success. You were reminded that Brady and Belichick are still relevant.

If you want to keep talking about an 8 year old infraction about sideline filming of coaches' signals that all happens wide out in the open, then so be it. They haven't been in any trouble since, and you'll see the deflation thing go away entirely because it never happened.