Patriots fan in peace.

gulliver

Reaction score
hawknation2015":kxe2x09i said:
I appreciate the fact that Patriots' fans want to believe they earned this win rather than were handed it due to a poor decision to throw the ball on the one-yard line.
Bingo. Let's scrap all the "hard fought game" and "two tough teams" nonsense.

Pats played a decimated Seattle defense and still earned a loss. That's why Brady sat on the sidelines with his head in his hands as we knocked on the door at the 6-inch line with enough time, timeouts and downs left.

Hawks win their back-to-back if literally any other call--or literally any SANE call--is made.

But the OC makes what even the Pats own radio guys called "the dumbest play call in SB history" and suddenly it's "hard fought game but at the end of the day we earned it" type comments.

10 years from now nobody will remember who the Pats beat in for XLIX. Nobody outside of Seattle will remember our 2014 team, or its SB injuries, or that play call. But we know that you know, and that you will always know. We know that you soiled your drawers with 1 minute left, and ordered another shot to cope with the imminent pain, and that now you're coming back here to pretend like it was more or less in the bag by the end. We know...

OP
OP
L

LITP

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind replies.

I'll definitely make this my Hawks forum of choice going forward; as Champions of the last two SuperBowls i'm sure we'll have plenty to discuss! :thirishdrinkers:

The draft will be interesting - both teams will, of course, be picking at the back end of every round (barring trades and extra picks) so it gets tougher from here on out.

I'd also greatly appreciate if my fellow Patriots fans would not get into the whole 'cheats' thing on this thread - quite frankly i've read enough of that stuff to last me 12 lifetimes (see what I did there? 8) ) and don't want to ruin the premise of this thread with that.

Fingers crossed we meet again next year in the game that really counts....in the stadium that REALLY counts!

Cheers.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
LITP":qdjh5j7f said:
Thought i'd give it a day or two for things to calm a little after the big game.....

1. Yes, it was a great superbowl.
2. Glad you like our players.
3. You didn't beat us, we threw away winning the game. Enjoy that fact and the gift. No, I:m not intending a smarta** reply here, I'm stating a truth.

3b. This is one one of those rare superbowls I have no problem stating #3.

olyfan63

Reaction score
In the final analysis, the Brandon Browner signing got you guys (Patriots fans) the Super Bowl.

* Browner shut down Chris Matthews (NE DC made the adjustment)
* Browner read the play, stuffed Kearse's attempted pick, which allowed Butler to make the pick.

I watched your team in the AFCCG vs the Broncos last year, and watched how Peyton ripped your depleted secondary, and then I believe it was Talib, got injured in the game, and there was no stopping the Broncos attack with 3rd and 4th string DBs trying to cover Demaryus Thomas and crew. So your FO won the game as much as anything by going out and getting Revis and Browner, and they both paid big dividends in SB49.

The Seattle and NE (also GB) organizational/FO approaches to the game seem to have a lot in common these days, with NE having a longer history of excellence at the moment, but Pete Carroll and John Schneider are working on creating more and more of that type of history in Seattle.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan":9bkw0juq said:
hawknation2015":9bkw0juq said:
I appreciate the fact that Patriots' fans want to believe they earned this win rather than were handed it due to a poor decision to throw the ball on the one-yard line.

Well if they didn't let go of a 10 point lead they wouldn't have had to make that 1 play at the goal-line in the first place.

So, as usual, it's not just 1 play that cost a team a game.
Ten points was not enough cushion, especially when the injuries to the entire LOB is factored into it, + Cliff Averil with a concussion not in there to support the D-Line, that 10 points disappeared pretty quick.
The Patriots were able to take advantage of our shortcomings.
I look at it like this--> Seahawks had nothing to hang their heads about.
This was no gimme for either team, both teams earned every point they got, it was ours to lose, and we did... It would be a shame, to not recognize a very well played, and balanced matchup, as this was the game of the Decade.

pats(t)roll

Reaction score
gulliver":3p0s96it said:
hawknation2015":3p0s96it said:
Bingo. Let's scrap all the "hard fought game" and "two tough teams" nonsense.

Pats played a decimated Seattle defense and still earned a loss. That's why Brady sat on the sidelines with his head in his hands as we knocked on the door at the 6-inch line with enough time, timeouts and downs left.

Hawks win their back-to-back if literally any other call--or literally any SANE call--is made.

But the OC makes what even the Pats own radio guys called "the dumbest play call in SB history" and suddenly it's "hard fought game but at the end of the day we earned it" type comments.

10 years from now nobody will remember who the Pats beat in for XLIX. Nobody outside of Seattle will remember our 2014 team, or its SB injuries, or that play call. But we know that you know, and that you will always know. We know that you soiled your drawers with 1 minute left, and ordered another shot to cope with the imminent pain, and that now you're coming back here to pretend like it was more or less in the bag by the end. We know...

Forgetting that it took the luckiest catch ever made to give you a chance are we? So you had a few injuries? Please point me to the times in the game where their boo boos prevented them from making a play that they make normally. I don't recall donta hightower missing any plays because he had a torn labrum. To everyone else good game, hoping to see you guys next season when the hawks are (hopefully) healthy. But this guy has earned himself a good old New England Go Eat some our fine Lobster and watch Brady and company be gifted a Super Bowl again.

randomation

Reaction score
Forgetting it took Avril and Lane getting injured for you to get back in the game when down 10 are we. Let's be completely honest we both know Seattle literally threw away the wind 75% of the lob had injuries that would have been season ending for any other game, yet we still had the ball at the 6 inch line. So lets give the mvp to who it really belongs to Darrel; Bevell cheers hope not to see you again :D

pats(t)roll

Reaction score
randomation":dubqq6ze said:
Forgetting it took Avril and Lane getting injured for you to get back in the game when down 10 are we. Let's be completely honest we both know Seattle literally threw away the wind 75% of the lob had injuries that would have been season ending for any other game, yet we still had the ball at the 6 inch line. So lets give the mvp to who it really belongs to Darrel; Bevell cheers hope not to see you again :D
I really didn't come here to argue man. But I saw what I thought was a total dikhead comment and decided to respond to it in similar fashion. I actually appreciate a lot of your guy's perspectives which is why I still visit your board. Honestly can't even say that I believe what I wrote above. Just trying to get under his skin. And yes I agree your HC and OC blew what was a 90% sure win for you guys. Did the patriots earn a win? I dont know. I was proud of their effort for 3 quarters. Aside from the bad playcall do the seahawks win with all their players and the pats have Mayo and Ridley? The whole game would have been different but like I said before the game, I can't argue that Seattle doesn't win that matchup on paper. Cheers

captSE

Reaction score
pats(t)roll":1u2xxuuj said:
randomation":1u2xxuuj said:
I really didn't come here to argue man. But I saw what I thought was a total dikhead comment and decided to respond to it in similar fashion. I actually appreciate a lot of your guy's perspectives which is why I still visit your board. Honestly can't even say that I believe what I wrote above. Just trying to get under his skin. And yes I agree your HC and OC blew what was a 90% sure win for you guys. Did the patriots earn a win? I dont know. I was proud of their effort for 3 quarters. Aside from the bad playcall do the seahawks win with all their players and the pats have Mayo and Ridley? The whole game would have been different but like I said before the game, I can't argue that Seattle doesn't win that matchup on paper. Cheers

CHEERS TO YOU!!!!!!