Penny Broken Finger

Hawknight

Reaction score
SNDavidson":1kny4979 said:
"Rashaad Penny, the Seahawks’ first pick in the 2018 NFL draft, suffered a hand injury that includes a broken finger in practice on Monday, a source confirmed to the Seattle Times, and while it was unclear how long he will be out, it’s expected he will miss a little bit of time. Seahawks coach Pete Carroll is expected to meet the media on Wednesday and clarify the injury."

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... en-finger/

4 weeks for a broken finger? Perhaps Penny should ask Shaquem Griffin for advice. :sarcasm_off:

chris98251

Reaction score
Didn't realize breaking a finger could cause you to lose weight also, he doesn't look like Flubby Chubby there as others were saying last week.

adeltaY

Reaction score
chris98251":3jyxtszu said:
Didn't realize breaking a finger could cause you to lose weight also, he doesn't look like Flubby Chubby there as others were saying last week.

It's weird I didn't quite understand what others were saying when they said he was fat. Everyone looks a bit different with pads on, it was hard to tell if he was out of shape to me.

toffee

Reaction score
He doesn’t look fat like Eddie, he’s simply a lot heavier than he was at the combine. I suspect he slimmed down some for the combine, then sat and played video game all day after being drafted and contracted. I do not think that he dropped 16 lbs for the combine, so he reported to camp heavier than his college playing weight.

This injury may turned out to be a blessing, it is a big warning to Penny that his NFL career could end anytime, he got to work hard to capitalize on his current opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MO Hawk

Reaction score
Aros":rrui7nid said:
MO Hawk":rrui7nid said:
We just seem to have bad luck at the RB position lately.

The understatement of the year.

Our bad luck with RB's since Lynch has been beyond ridiculous. Are the Football Gods making us pay up for all the success we enjoyed with Lynch?

It just never ends, i.e. our RB bad luck, McKissic out 4-6 weeks with foot injury:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/273 ... s-fracture

hawknation2018

Reaction score
On the bright side, Carroll said he expects Penny to return by Week 1.

McKissic’s injury would seem the increase the likelihood that Mike Davis and C.J. Prosise will make the roster.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
AgentDib":dn6f2ps8 said:
The people freaking out are severely underestimating how good Carson is looking so far this preseason.

I'm not underestimating how good he looks; I'm just keeping his own injury history in mind. It's part of why he fell to the 7th round. Knock on wood that he stays healthy here.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":394f9yl5 said:
AgentDib":394f9yl5 said:
The people freaking out are severely underestimating how good Carson is looking so far this preseason.

I'm not underestimating how good he looks; I'm just keeping his own injury history in mind. It's part of why he fell to the 7th round. Knock on wood that he stays healthy here.
Which is one of the reasons why they brought in Penny in my opinion.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2wjlufiz said:
MontanaHawk05":2wjlufiz said:
AgentDib":2wjlufiz said:

Which is one of the reasons why they brought in Penny in my opinion.

Yep, obviously.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
For me at this point I'm not concerned about the broken finger with Penny but rather the significant weight gain of 16 pounds since the combine. Is this something the team wants from him or is he doing an impersonation of Eddy Lacey?

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
hawknation2018":21vqhyyb said:
On the bright side, Carroll said he expects Penny to return by Week 1.

McKissic’s injury would seem the increase the likelihood that Mike Davis and C.J. Prosise will make the roster.
Saw it come across the ticker on NFL Network. Carroll says both Baldwin and Penny will be ready for Week 1 vs the Broncos.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":w4yvfvi1 said:
Did you really just compare him to Lacy? :177692:

Not at all!

However, Fat Eddy gained a lot of weight quickly and was very ineffective as a RB. Penny has gained 16 pounds since February and that seems on it's face to be a lot of weight unless he was asked to to do so by the team.

I hope it was the later and the weight gain is from a pro weight lifting regime. The team seem good with his weight but it is a lot of weight to have been added in a short time.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3o4rw0ag said:
I think with Carson Davis and Mckissic we will be fine until he is ready. Hopefully he can keep working out while he recovers.

I assume you were joking. McKissic's out 4-6 weeks.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
No question my friend, no question at all. Lacy just never understood what he was to do here and could do zero when he was asked to, he ate himself out of the league.

I'm only expressing some concern that a 236 lb RB could be a different kettle of fish than a 220 lb RB. The weight taking away some of the players explosiveness and quickness.

Time will tell.

olyfan63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":34re495p said:
Meh, unless he misses a bunch of regular season games, no need to assume he's the next Glass Procise :lol:

And you get your wish... a featured back for tonight vs Vikings will be... CJ Prosise!!
Oh, you *didn't* wish for that? Well, enjoy it anyway.
(Puts on Prosise jersey)