Penny

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
fenderbender123":3rrvn1v2 said:
Penny with another solid game. Carson still showing why he is the starter, though.

Penny had the better day so not sure why that would be the case. Look at the YPC, TDS, receptions. Penny did more with his opportunity.

justafan

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2uolbh96 said:
ImTheScientist":2uolbh96 said:
I expect apologies from half the people on this board.

Bump for Chris98251 and others ... I’m waiting.

This thread should be changed from Penny to Petty

scutterhawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":anwagdlg said:
Expect in one hand and shit in the other---See which one fills up first :stirthepot:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":263qce8n said:
fenderbender123":263qce8n said:
Penny with another solid game. Carson still showing why he is the starter, though.

Carson was great last night so was Penny. No one is suggesting Penny start over Carson .
Check the posts a few weeks back, and NO, I'm not going to do your homework for you.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":2q29239z said:
scutterhawk":2q29239z said:
massari":2q29239z said:
Northwest Seahawk":2q29239z said:
Penny has arrived deal with it haters.
If he keeps playing like he has recently, there will be no more haters.
I've never EVER been a Penny "Hater", I think you're talking out your ass if you believe that there are more than one or two who don't like him, and after Chris Carson's performance tonight?, I'm also not ready to listen to the Carson haters spew their blathering horse $h!t either.

There are no Carson haters what a pathetic rant.
Do you EVER listen to yourself?, now THAT'S "pathetic"

mikeak

Reaction score
Penny made himself not succeed the first year by being overweight (and don't blame it on him hurting his hand - if anything he should have been thinner with an injured hand as it makes it harder to shove food in your mouth with one injured hand...)

He also wasn't ready to go season 2.

Don't give me the "he gets the ball now so he is better". No he is better because he got in shape and studied. He now gets positive yards even when hit in the backfield (one of the first carries yesterday). He didn't do this in the past

I don't like the Penny that showed up last season - the one that has showed up last two games - love him. The guy that not only can get long runs but CONSISTENTLY move the ball forward a few yards at a minimum will do great things in the Seahawks offense

IndyHawk

Reaction score
hgwellz12":34kvtzbp said:
Looks like Pete/Schotty finally understand the type of running back Penny is!
It looks that way..Loved that short pass he took in.
I'll be happy that he gets his chances from here on out.
No more only one RB..As a pair they are deadly.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1aqt9vas said:
hgwellz12":1aqt9vas said:
Looks like Pete/Schotty finally understand the type of running back Penny is!
It looks that way..Loved that short pass he took in.
I'll be happy that he get his chances from here on out.
No more only one RB..As a pair they are deadly.

Yes you should get him in space and use him in space. I'm surprised it took them almost 2 years to figure that out. Because Pete Carroll is a really great football coach. But it seemed to me they were trying to turn him into Chris Carson. Let Carson be Carson and pound and bang for the tough yards. Let Penny use his speed and quickness in open space. There is nothing wrong with either BTW. It's just different styles of RB which both can be effective and help your team win. Of course you should throw him short passes out in space and let him run for fast yards like the TD he had. He is hugely under utilized by your team in that way IMO. He had great success with that at San Diego State Aztecs. Anything where you can put him in space is great including some short throws.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
mikeak":m07otcch said:
Penny made himself not succeed the first year by being overweight (and don't blame it on him hurting his hand - if anything he should have been thinner with an injured hand as it makes it harder to shove food in your mouth with one injured hand...)

He also wasn't ready to go season 2.

Don't give me the "he gets the ball now so he is better". No he is better because he got in shape and studied. He now gets positive yards even when hit in the backfield (one of the first carries yesterday). He didn't do this in the past

I don't like the Penny that showed up last season - the one that has showed up last two games - love him. The guy that not only can get long runs but CONSISTENTLY move the ball forward a few yards at a minimum will do great things in the Seahawks offense

Even if we entertain the idea that Penny's "struggles" up to now were completely his fault and had nothing to do with how the coaches used/didnt use him, I still would say who cares?

Is it that unusual that a first/second year player has maturity/adjustment/work ethic issues that need to get worked out before their full potential is realized? I would venture a guess that there are good number of young players who take a season before they hit their stride.

The ONLY reason this is an issue here is because of the strange digging in of heels people did when he was drafted, and the now need (almost a 6 page topic now) to defend that position.

It is ok to say we are wrong. Its ok to adjust after seeing a player shine and be a major contributor to our success to step back and say, you know what? I'm glad we drafted Penny. He's a crucial part of my favorite team winning HUGE ballgames.
Because in the end, that is ALL that should matter.

Elemas

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":199zlls3 said:

Maybe premature but, I apologize. You're either right or you're wrong. IF he continues to produce like this, quite a few of us were wrong.

I had high hope for Penny when he was drafted. That hope diminished as time past. To the point when Pete mentioned having a dual threat at RB, I scoffed.

The timing is odd. Like, why has he just now looked good? But, some of that can be chalked up to first rounder expectations.

Whatever the case, he's looked incredible recently.

No matter which side you lay on, Penny faithful or Penny doubter (hater), it's safe to say that we all hope he continues producing at this level.

I say that now and I'll probably have a coronary if he fumbles again...and will likely post my utter disdain for wasting a first round pic but, such is the way it goes....lol

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not only is it huge to see this guy taking advantage of his opportunity, but he is running a LOT tougher than we have seen. He's putting his head down and getting tough yards. Even though Carson is the starter, it's nice to see him get a rest once in awhile, and Penny is clearly at the point where he is looking the way they anticipated. The lady behind me said something funny "When did Penny become our 3rd and 1 back?"
He isn't but the point is well taken.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I don't care how we got here. I'm just glad we got here.

The reality is, the cost to acquire him has already been paid. There's no point in attributing his contributions going forward based on that cost. I'm pleased that he's getting the opportunity to play and is seizing the opportunity to our team's benefit.

We're a better team with Penny producing as he has. I'm excited to see him continue this particular career arc.

Largent80

Reaction score
He's obviously "getting it".....as fans we are the beneficiaries. Imagine his team mates. They see him getting it and they are raising their level of play. I thought the O-Line was pretty good in this game too. They helped him a lot and Carson as well...Well done gentlemen.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":1raev2sm said:
He's obviously "getting it".....as fans we are the beneficiaries. Imagine his team mates. They see him getting it and they are raising their level of play. I thought the O-Line was pretty good in this game too. They helped him a lot and Carson as well...Well done gentlemen.
I re-watched this game, & You aren't kidding about the O-Line playing "Pretty Good", in fact, Brown was throwing defenders out of the way for his RB's, and Fluker played like a man possessed ..It was also great to hear Penny say that he was happy as hell when Carson told him to go in and pound the ball in for the TD.
I'm happy that we are finally flying with the RB by Committee, ( something that I don't think that we were capable of for quite awhile) because that's going to help take a lot of pressure off of Wilson.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And seeing that Carson took himself out of the game so that Penny could get a TD. That is THE definition of team.
Love it.

Largent80

Reaction score
Since O-Line is being mentioned how about a shout out to Joey Hunt. The guy got thrust into the middle with many games to play and is an absolute anchor on that line.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt, he has been pretty damn good. People pointed out that he got blown up on a play in his first game as the starter. Most centers are going to get blown up from time to time. Shoot, the O Line did a very good job on Monday imo. They were opening some huge holes in the 2nd half. The Vikings knew the Hawks were gonna' run the rock and couldn't stop it.

StoneCold

Reaction score
peppersjap":31xns35b said:
I think Penny got caught in a no win situation because we had a 7th round RB in Carson who is probably a top ten back in the league. He didn't get the consistent opportunities a #1 pick usually gets because we had our guy. Fortunately he is getting opportunities now and he's taking advantage of them and we look pretty damn good with our 2 backs. I think Homer might end up pushing Procise out the door also.

And by Penny's own admission, too much chowing down at the Scottish restaurant.