Percy: 6 touches, -1 yard

NorCalSeahawkFan

Reaction score
Why is harvin even on this team, Dont use him, cant use him, dont use him right? Sounds like alot of money for nothing. Harvin sounds like wow if we could just do this with him. If we could just do that. He is so fast,,,,, Whatever. I would ilke to have kept Galloway, Want to talk about fast? Oh yea he wasnt made out of glass. Jerry liked him, and proved it. If harvin cant go out and work the slot, what good is he? I am not seeing any production, fast isnt nothing if we cant use him for something other than a decoy.

Fire Harvin,

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I dropped Percy for Tate just before the Lions' game in FF. Didn't think that'd be a good decision after Tate put up 4 points.

Bevell has a weapon of mass destruction but is using it like an air rifle. Time to go back to last years offense. Unforgivably, our Wide Receiver group has regressed, even though it was a point of weakness last year. We must establish the damn run game before going play action with Percy. Beast sets the tempo, Percy's the crescendo.

We've got a lot of work to do.

themunn

Reaction score
Crizilla":3t8rkodl said:
we were trying to go deep a lot today. Were you guys watching the game? Russ has NO TIME to make those throws happen. He's not scrambling around because he wants to, he has to.

No way, Wilson had more time in the pocket today that I can EVER remember him having

akscoundrel

Reaction score
To put it bluntly, anybody who thinks Harvin is an 'overpriced gimmick' is an idiot.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
What exactly did the Christian Ponder led Vikings do to make him a MVP candidate two years ago before he got hurt...and why aren't we doing the same thing?

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
ludakrishna":t2u9ox35 said:
What exactly did the Christian Ponder led Vikings do to make him a MVP candidate two years ago before he got hurt...and why aren't we doing the same thing?

Didn't neglect their often effective run game.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
cesame":1ymfum1a said:
The way Bevell is using him so far is criminal

We're talking about a guy who Adrian Peterson called the best player he's ever played with. As we all know Percy Harvin is a phenomenal player.

Time to figure it out, Bevell.
Please try not to say things like "we all know Percy Harvin is a phenomenal player" because we don't ALL share that opinion.

I think he is the most overrated player in the last 10 years and there are probably 75-100 "wr" that I would choose over him.

Im aware im in the minority, just pointing out that we DO NOT all think/know that.

I miss Tate.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
akscoundrel":3s405f8d said:
To put it bluntly, anybody who thinks Harvin is an 'overpriced gimmick' is an idiot.
So you're saying he's actually been worth his huge salary so far?

1. He is overpriced.
2. He is a gimmick player.

Explain how he fails to be an overpriced gimmick when he is both of those things.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":12fwpl8j said:
cesame":12fwpl8j said:
The way Bevell is using him so far is criminal

We're talking about a guy who Adrian Peterson called the best player he's ever played with. As we all know Percy Harvin is a phenomenal player.

Time to figure it out, Bevell.
Please try not to say things like "we all know Percy Harvin is a phenomenal player" because we don't ALL share that opinion.

I think he is the most overrated player in the last 10 years and there are probably 75-100 "wr" that I would choose over him.

Im aware im in the minority, just pointing out that we DO NOT all think/know that.

I miss Tate.

I'm going to call you out on that one. Go on, name 75.

BraveHeartFan

Reaction score
I think Harvin is a dang good weapon to be honest.

I thought he was going to be a bigger factor yesterday but Dallas did a nice job of paying attention to him.

I mean he just had 3 TD's (although they were called back cause of some untimely penalties) in the Washington game. Harvin can be an absolute nightmare to deal with.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Anyone claiming Harvin sucks doesn't understand football. He is a GREAT football player. His performance yesterday wasn't on him.

chris98251

Reaction score
Put a Nascar Driver in a VW Bug at Daytona, expect him to win, then complain because he doesn't and bash him into the ground as being a overhyped driver that is a waste.

Thats whats going on with Harvin, we are not putting him in a situation to win and show his talents, he's only as good as the play design and utilazation.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":346n0fdc said:
akscoundrel":346n0fdc said:
So you're saying he's actually been worth his huge salary so far?

1. He is overpriced.
2. He is a gimmick player.

Explain how he fails to be an overpriced gimmick when he is both of those things.

He missed an entire season, and was still top 5 in the league in total yards since what was it, 2010? Just because we are using him as a gimmick, in other words, using him idiotically, isn't his fault.

Believe it or not, but he can actually run routes vertically. Believe it or not, but we can throw him the ball. How did he get all those yards? Because he would run a route downfield, and they would throw him the ball.

Fly sweeps and bubble screens are just a couple, of the many things, that Percy does well. But apparently that's news to somebody....

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
austinslater25":26bpxgr9 said:
Anyone claiming Harvin sucks doesn't understand football. He is a GREAT football player. His performance yesterday wasn't on him.

His talent is irrefutable, but we've now seen kinda the dark side of Harvin's personality that Vikings fans warned us about bubbling to the surface from time to time.

Harvin seems easy to intimidate and frustrate, which takes him off his game. After the first couple big hits on him yesterday, he wasn't as aggressive trying to break tackles.

It's hard to put my finger on it, but he just doesn't seem to be running with the same intensity and fire in the 2nd half of these games.........especially on pass routes. Watch him go out into coverage, half the time he's barely running. So many this answers our question as to why he's not going deep more.

Largent80

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1d9dxhmn said:
I think we need to change how we are using him. Defenses are all over it.

Is Bevell BLIND?....Is he capable of making an adjustment?

Man, I understand it isn't easy to do but if something is not working you need to TRY.

Time to move on and just hope the dude gets it, but I have my doubts after seeing 3 years of it, that is a pretty large sample size I would say.

hawk45

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":4phpthzq said:
austinslater25":4phpthzq said:

His talent is irrefutable, but we've now seen kinda the dark side of Harvin's personality that Vikings fans warned us about bubbling to the surface from time to time.

Harvin seems easy to intimidate and frustrate, which takes him off his game. After the first couple big hits on him yesterday, he wasn't as aggressive trying to break tackles.

It's hard to put my finger on it, but he just doesn't seem to be running with the same intensity and fire in the 2nd half of these games.........especially on pass routes. Watch him go out into coverage, half the time he's barely running. So many this answers our question as to why he's not going deep more.

I'm not seeing the dark side of Harvin.

Less aggressive breaking tackles in the second half? Well the entire planet knows if he touches it, it will be behind the LOS on a bubble screen and it's been smothered the entire game. I guess it'd be nice trying to run through a brick wall anyhow but I wouldn't blame him if he just let the ball hit the turf at that point.

Not selling out on routes? Well the only time he's sent into a pattern is as a decoy. We called a quick slant for Kearse, maybe we could call a slant or drag for Harvin. That might work okay against man coverage and those routes aren't the most difficult to run either.

Percy as a malcontent just seems a long way to go to avoid Bevell. And if Percy is pissed off then that makes both he and Lynch that are pissed off by the game plan. It could be because they can't see the big picture, but it could also be because the game plan sucked.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
the problem isn't how we're using percy, it's when we're doing it.

Bevell has weapons and good plays at his fingertips. and chooses to call them at dumb predictable or risky times. For all that junk to work you have to also be able to line up and play a traditional game of football. That involves running your star running back more than twice in one half.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Natethegreat":2foggc4h said:
I remember everyone here screaming about Harvins very presence opening up the passing game. Ummm yeah not so much. Overpaid gimmick, and yes I do understand he will make some outstanding plays this season that will bring out a thousand I told you so's and I really don't care. Our offense is better without him especially considering what we paid for him.
Our offense isn't better without him, our offense would be better being run by someone who isn't a drooling moron and can figure out how to use such a dynamic talent. Blaming Percy for doing what his coordinator tells him to do? Really?

Just as bad as the people trying to discredit Sherman for not following around the #1 WR all game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawk45":1gty2zqq said:
Not selling out on routes? Well the only time he's sent into a pattern is as a decoy. We called a quick slant for Kearse, maybe we could call a slant or drag for Harvin. That might work okay against man coverage and those routes aren't the most difficult to run either..

This is what I'm talking about.

The first couple of games other teams actually thought Harvin was a threat out in coverage on middle to deep routes. Now it's apparent that he is just a decoy.......so not only do other teams know that, he knows that. Thus the half assed route running.

It's a snowball effect. Him no longer being a threat means he's not getting double teamed anymore and not pulling defenders with him across coverage, and therefore the other WR's aren't getting open as often (or at all).

My point was he seems dejected and therefore isn't running as hard out into his routes, and it's hurting our offense.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Percy is a gimmick.

He is an expensive decoy, that we had to lose one of our most effective (for our style) WRs in order to get.

The problem might be beyond Percy but asking a guy that is known to run poor/lazy routes to be our deep threat isn't great on the surface.

Yes, he cannot be a threat deep because Russ only gets 3 steps (or 2) before the defense penetrates (considering we are playing a rookie at RT and have an injured LT). But one assumes that at least his speed should keep the safeties honest. Not if he doesn't run routes except as a decoy.

Without Percy we might not have broken the will of the Broncos in the SB. SO maybe he was worth it. But now he is a big expensive albatross that we are stuck with that does nothing but harm the other aspects of our offense and made it too expensive to keep important pieces of last year's.

I also think they don't run him long because they don't want him to be put in a position where a safety can T up on him, given his concussion history.

Either way, Percy is a distraction at best and a net negative considering we lost our PR to be able to pay him.

Latest posts