Percy didn't practice today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
mjwhitay":82qspm5x said:
Why doesn't anyone think that this is the team saying 'if you are in pain, we aren't risking it"?

I think it's incredibly presumptive and not fair at all to the player, to just put this all on Percy.

He begged and pleaded to get on the field, now he just wants to collect his check while having the best chance he may ever have to win a title? I don't buy it. At all. Not one bit.

This...he's an ultra-competitive athlete. You think he's milking his injury because he doesn't feel 100%. Did you not see him in the Vikings game. The guy goes all out whenever he steps on the field. PC and JS are protecting their longterm investment is a more reasonable presumption.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
BreesIsOverrated":mc9pp1ce said:
hawksfansinceday1":mc9pp1ce said:
Bigpumpkin":mc9pp1ce said:
Here is an interesting observation from a Viks fan...

Fun inside info: That trade was 100% backed by the Vikings medical staff. Not for the physical reasons, it was because Percy is not mentally tough at all. He won’t play through pain when physically cleared............
This has been my contention for some time now. JUST MY OPINION here.....I believe the guy won't play unless he feels 100% and that's utterly unrealistic for an NFL player. Heard an excellent interview with Kyle Vandenbosch (sp no doubt LOL) yesterday (by John Canzano for those of you in PDX) and one of the things he talked about was that to have a career of any length, and NFL player must learn to manage pain i.e, rehab it correctly and more importantly, play with pain. It just seems like Percy Harvin wil not do so.
He is more worried about his paycheck and living the high life than helping a team win a championship. He is in awe of Greg Oden's ability to collect paychecks while taking 4 years to recover from an injury that actually takes 6-9 months.

You're kidding right? You have got to be joking

BreesIsOverrated

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3pz0dwx7 said:
BreesIsOverrated":3pz0dwx7 said:
hawksfansinceday1":3pz0dwx7 said:
Bigpumpkin":3pz0dwx7 said:

Fun inside info: That trade was 100% backed by the Vikings medical staff. Not for the physical reasons, it was because Percy is not mentally tough at all. He won’t play through pain when physically cleared............
This has been my contention for some time now. JUST MY OPINION here.....I believe the guy won't play unless he feels 100% and that's utterly unrealistic for an NFL player. Heard an excellent interview with Kyle Vandenbosch (sp no doubt LOL) yesterday (by John Canzano for those of you in PDX) and one of the things he talked about was that to have a career of any length, and NFL player must learn to manage pain i.e, rehab it correctly and more importantly, play with pain. It just seems like Percy Harvin wil not do so.
He is more worried about his paycheck and living the high life than helping a team win a championship. He is in awe of Greg Oden's ability to collect paychecks while taking 4 years to recover from an injury that actually takes 6-9 months.

You're kidding right? You have got to be joking
Nope I'm not, Oden's last 2 years of having an "undisclosed setback" are BS. He was riding the salary as long as he could til the Blazers cut him. He will never play a full season, Ever. He might not even play a game again.

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":yv109l2c said:
Bigpumpkin":yv109l2c said:

You might wanna play the game tape of Vikes vs Hawks from the 2012 season. After Harvin suffered that ankle injury, he went back to the sidelines to walk it off, came back on to the field LIMPING, and still managed to play the game out. We're talking about the same ankle injury that sent him to IR.

I don't believe any rhetoric that claims he doesn't have the heart to play or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.