Percy didn't practice today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jblaze

Reaction score
I think he will probably play in our first playoff game. If he's hurting he might not play in the second but there's no way he'll miss the SB. He can just rehab all offseason and I don't think anyone would miss that due to pain or soreness as long as there's no structural damage.

I don't think he'll play this weekend and he won't be needed next week because we're locked up. Then two weeks and the divisional game. That's 7 weeks after the Vikings game, if he doesn't heal up or can go consistently after that, there's probably bigger problems.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":35pk2ttk said:
I know he hasn't been able to work out with the team becasue of his pain but is he at practice with the team doing other things? Is he in meetings with the team? Is he doing every thing else that he can possibly do to prepare himself to help the Hawks get to a win the super owl?

Well, if you believe what you read on this board, he's probably busy wiping his arse with a 12 flag, tying one of the Seagals to train tracks while twirling his moustache, and planning a trip to see the Wizard of Oz to ask him for a heart.

So yeah, he's probably not at practice with the team.

The Radish

Reaction score
-The Glove-":36kiwtkq said:
plyka":36kiwtkq said:
I'm so confused. Why is anyone upset at Percy? If you want to get angry, get angry at Sniejder and Pete and probably Bevell. Why Bevell? It's obvious he feels comfortable with former players, that's why the Hawks massively overpaid for two of his former injury prone players in Rice and Percy.

You should be angry at Pete/Sniejder for Rice/Percy, not angry at Percy. He just took the money as would anyone here. It's Pete/Sniejder that paid boatloads of money for an injury prone player. Also, did they do ZERO due dilligence? How could they NOT know about his hip before they gave away all the capital for him? Have they even heard of a medical? I think I do more investigation when I'm trading for a player on my fantasy team than they did with Percy.

Yeah I'm pretty sure they did no type of physical on him. They just handed him a big fat check and a jersey and told him where to sign.

I'm guessing you meant to put :sarcasm_off: this in your post since all trades automatically have physicals involved.

:les:

Basis4day

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2z0qu23z said:
I have to imagine Pete's timeline is a little sooner than the Super Bowl. I don't think Harvin is worth a roster spot for one game that Seattle may not play. If you don't expect him to play multiple games, you have to IR him.

As long as there is still a chance he plays this year i don't think you need to IR him. There are four healthy scratches on gameday and we're not exactly hurting for players at any one position. Are there any players/positions out there that you can shore up this late in the season if you IR Harvin and free a roster spot? Only thing i can think of would be the player who is first on the cut list when Thurmond's suspension is up after the next game.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I am going to guess at what the team does with Harvin:

Does not play him this week.

Plays him for three quarters against the Rams at KR and WR

Plays him for (hopefully) two playoff games here and in the Superb Owl.

That allows him two bye weeks and only one time where he has to play two games in a row. Look, Harvin even just playing KR is going to break one or two returns off and score TDs/give us better field position. At this point, if he re-injures himself, at least it happens trying to win a Lombardi. Even with that, though, how the team has played without him has set them up to give him as much rest as possible while still getting him out there to help us break games open in the playoffs.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2196cl0f said:
HawkWow":2196cl0f said:
Hasselbeck":2196cl0f said:
HawkWow":2196cl0f said:
Easily amused I take it. Since you've chosen to get involved, perhaps you'd like to answer this question I posed to Throw.

I look forward to hearing your explanation on why the Vikes put Harvin on IR in week 10 during a play off run for a sprained ankle that required no more than 2-3 weeks to heal.

It probably had nothing to do with his blow up with Frazier on national TV (perhaps compromising his trade value) right? Let me guess...they were being extra cautious and saving him for the following year's superbowl run.

Which one of the above scenarios is more likely?

Who the hell cares? What does this have to do with 2013 where he's no longer a Viking?

I think it's pretty safe to assume Percy wanted out of Minnesota. He didn't like Frazier. He hated Ponder. The Vikings realized this and determined shutting him down for the year was better for the team.

Either you are unaware, or just omitting Urban Meyer (who covered for Harvin's pot usage), Gonzales (who Harvin grabbed by the throat and threw to the ground) and Childress (who Harvin attacked with a weight) from your list of coaches Harvin "didn't like" to bolster your argument.

Me? I see a pattern here that's too obvious to ignore. He "hated Ponder"? I'll ask the same question you did..."who the hell cares"? Harvin's job is to STFU and do what he's paid to do, not question his coaches, threaten to hold out, or hand pick the QB (or WRs) that will make him the most money.

IF Harvin is not disruptive, catches some TDs and contributes to our success, I won't say I was wrong about him (I'm not) but I will admit he has apparently made change. And that is something we all better hope for...change.
When Tate voiced his displeasure about the Harvin signing, it was easy to dismiss Tate as "selfish". I find that incredibly ironic.

richard-sherman-.gif

I'm sorry. What does this have to do with his injured hip now?

If this forum had a feature allowing posts to be written in crayon, I would attempt to continue this dialogue with you...instead, I refer you to Riverdog's excellent post on this same page. Have a good day.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
volsunghawk":121fwvg7 said:
brimsalabim":121fwvg7 said:
I know he hasn't been able to work out with the team becasue of his pain but is he at practice with the team doing other things? Is he in meetings with the team? Is he doing every thing else that he can possibly do to prepare himself to help the Hawks get to a win the super owl?

Well, if you believe what you read on this board, he's probably busy wiping his arse with a 12 flag, tying one of the Seagals to train tracks while twirling his moustache, and planning a trip to see the Wizard of Oz to ask him for a heart.

Your the only one I've ever read post any of that… And you did not answer the question that you responded to in any fashion. I guess you get to vent too though.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Basis4day":11m9vreb said:
DavidSeven":11m9vreb said:
I have to imagine Pete's timeline is a little sooner than the Super Bowl. I don't think Harvin is worth a roster spot for one game that Seattle may not play. If you don't expect him to play multiple games, you have to IR him.

As long as there is still a chance he plays this year i don't think you need to IR him. There are four healthy scratches on gameday and we're not exactly hurting for players at any one position. Are there any players/positions out there that you can shore up this late in the season if you IR Harvin and free a roster spot? Only thing i can think of would be the player who is first on the cut list when Thurmond's suspension is up after the next game.

Depth at WR is an issue if Harvin for sure can't play the next four games. If there's a chance he can come back two or three weeks down the line, then I agree that you take that gamble and hope everyone stays healthy until then. But again, if you're counting on him to just play one more game this year, that's taking on huge risk at the position.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
The Radish":21ork82l said:
-The Glove-":21ork82l said:
plyka":21ork82l said:
I'm so confused. Why is anyone upset at Percy? If you want to get angry, get angry at Sniejder and Pete and probably Bevell. Why Bevell? It's obvious he feels comfortable with former players, that's why the Hawks massively overpaid for two of his former injury prone players in Rice and Percy.

You should be angry at Pete/Sniejder for Rice/Percy, not angry at Percy. He just took the money as would anyone here. It's Pete/Sniejder that paid boatloads of money for an injury prone player. Also, did they do ZERO due dilligence? How could they NOT know about his hip before they gave away all the capital for him? Have they even heard of a medical? I think I do more investigation when I'm trading for a player on my fantasy team than they did with Percy.

Yeah I'm pretty sure they did no type of physical on him. They just handed him a big fat check and a jersey and told him where to sign.

I'm guessing you meant to put :sarcasm_off: this in your post since all trades automatically have physicals involved.

:les:
He would have had to cooperate in order for this to be detected. If he doesn’t report pain and there was no swelling then they aren’t going to know to MRI the hips.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
brimsalabim":1nbjxygc said:
volsunghawk":1nbjxygc said:
brimsalabim":1nbjxygc said:

Your the only one I've ever read post any of that… And you did not answer the question that you responded to in any fashion. I guess you get to vent too though.

He's not venting. He's using (very slight) hyperbole to make a point about how ridiculous people are being regarding Harvin.

And if you want to find out what Harvin is up to, go to the VMAC, knock on the front door, and ask someone if Percy Harvin is too busy throwing cash money in the air and diving in it like a football mixture of Lil' Wayne and Scrooge McDuck to study the playbook and sit in on meetings.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Here is an interesting observation from a Viks fan...

Fun inside info: That trade was 100% backed by the Vikings medical staff. Not for the physical reasons, it was because Percy is not mentally tough at all. He won’t play through pain when physically cleared and he has a tremendous temper.

It would appear with each passing week that we have "fragile goods" on our hands.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3vv1u20m said:

Fun inside info: That trade was 100% backed by the Vikings medical staff. Not for the physical reasons, it was because Percy is not mentally tough at all. He won’t play through pain when physically cleared............
This has been my contention for some time now. JUST MY OPINION here.....I believe the guy won't play unless he feels 100% and that's utterly unrealistic for an NFL player. Heard an excellent interview with Kyle Vandenbosch (sp no doubt LOL) yesterday (by John Canzano for those of you in PDX) and one of the things he talked about was that to have a career of any length, and NFL player must learn to manage pain i.e, rehab it correctly and more importantly, play with pain. It just seems like Percy Harvin wil not do so.

mjwhitay

Reaction score
Why doesn't anyone think that this is the team saying 'if you are in pain, we aren't risking it"?

I think it's incredibly presumptive and not fair at all to the player, to just put this all on Percy.

He begged and pleaded to get on the field, now he just wants to collect his check while having the best chance he may ever have to win a title? I don't buy it. At all. Not one bit.

HawkWow

Reaction score
You and I both 'sinceday1. It appears people tend to believe what they want to believe regardless of factual documentation. I've asked this before, but can you imagine what this forum would be saying if Harvin shunned us and went to the 9ers? That's exactly what they should be saying regardless of the team he's on and that's all some of us are doing here. Because he's a Hawk doesn't make him immune to such criticism. IMO.

I've also mentioned that I know a lot of Viking fans. These are not your "Hahahaha told you so!!!" type fans, though I wish they were. It's the subtle head shakes that bother me most.

mjwhitay

Reaction score
BreesIsOverrated":3kqb91l4 said:
mjwhitay":3kqb91l4 said:
He begged and pleaded to get on the field
Allegedly

It's too bad we have fans like you. Ones that would be happy to be right about something like this. It's pretty clear by your tone that you'd rather be right about him not playing than be wrong and watch him help the team win.

So, from now on when I see BreesIsOverrated on a post, I know I can skip it. Awesome. Saves me some time.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":pt89lv6a said:
Bigpumpkin":pt89lv6a said:

Fun inside info: That trade was 100% backed by the Vikings medical staff. Not for the physical reasons, it was because Percy is not mentally tough at all. He won’t play through pain when physically cleared............
This has been my contention for some time now. JUST MY OPINION here.....I believe the guy won't play unless he feels 100% and that's utterly unrealistic for an NFL player. Heard an excellent interview with Kyle Vandenbosch (sp no doubt LOL) yesterday (by John Canzano for those of you in PDX) and one of the things he talked about was that to have a career of any length, and NFL player must learn to manage pain i.e, rehab it correctly and more importantly, play with pain. It just seems like Percy Harvin wil not do so.

I think everyone can agree that Harvin is likely to be experiencing pain after surgery and during rehab and his efforts to get into game shape (which he was clearly doing prior to the Vikings game).

The problem, though, is that people are bringing their preconceived notions about Harvin to the reports. It's all speculation based on existing bias.

What we know is that Harvin had surgery. People who were against the Harvin trade initially began questioning whether the surgery was necessary.

What we know is that Harvin rehabbed after the surgery and was cleared to practice. People who were for the trade or who were enthusiastic/excited about Harvin immediately speculated that he would be ready to go and post ridiculous numbers.

What we know is that Harvin played sparingly in the Vikings game. Depending on the pre-existing bias, his contributions were either minimal and insignificant or they were proof that the trade was a great idea and that Harvin would open up the entire offense.

What we know is that since that game, Harvin has been out. It seems clear that the team does not want to IR him, so they must view the potential he offers as an offensive weapon as worth keeping him on the 53, even if he is inactive on gamedays until he is "ready to go." Additionally, that makes it clear that they believe he WILL be able to play at some point and contribute this season.

What we don't know is the actual situation with Harvin's hip. We don't know what level of pain he's got, or what range of motion he's capable of employing. We don't know if he's asking the coaches to play, but the hip is hindering him or if the coaches are asking him if he can play, and he's holding himself out due to pain.

I do think, however, that many people here are selling our front office short, are selling Harvin short, and are being short-sighted about the factors behind the team's interest in Harvin.

BreesIsOverrated

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2ptn88xh said:
Bigpumpkin":2ptn88xh said:

He is more worried about his paycheck and living the high life than helping a team win a championship. He is in awe of Greg Oden's ability to collect paychecks while taking 4 years to recover from an injury that actually takes 6-9 months.

BreesIsOverrated

Reaction score
mjwhitay":2plc122m said:
BreesIsOverrated":2plc122m said:
mjwhitay":2plc122m said:
He begged and pleaded to get on the field
Allegedly

It's too bad we have fans like you. Ones that would be happy to be right about something like this. It's pretty clear by your tone that you'd rather be right about him not playing than be wrong and watch him help the team win.

So, from now on when I see BreesIsOverrated on a post, I know I can skip it. Awesome. Saves me some time.
No I really want him to succeed and play, I do. But his past history and current drama continues to lead to speculation he doesn't care. Like HawkWow said just look at his past at Florida and the Vikings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts