Percy Harvin didn't practice today. As per Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
You do realize Marshawn Lynch does this all the time right?

Harvin will be fine.

seahawksny

Reaction score
can people please relax. The guy has been hurt every year he has been in the league. We should come to expect this. It should come as no surprise. Plus didn't we win nine games this year without him? Probably better that Pete is being cautious

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":mi28c0vp said:

Harvin will be fine.

Yea but Marshawn isn't coming off major surgery that had him miss over half the season. There are reasons for concern, but not panic yet.

chris98251

Reaction score
I would think he will be doing his rehab routine through the rest of the season to build up strength and keep it flexable.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Game is monday. Regular practice routine doesn't even start til Thursday.

The Outfield

Reaction score
They're probably just trying to trick the Saints to not prepare for him. :roll:

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1516uyi5 said:
I hope he didn't re-aggravate anything during the Vikings game

They were saying during the Vikes game that he was experiencing soreness in the hip and they were stretching him and had him riding the bike.

Crabhawk

Reaction score
SeaWolv":1kdogiee said:
Missing_Clink":1kdogiee said:

They were saying during the Vikes game that he was experiencing soreness in the hip and they were stretching him and had him riding the bike.
And then he entered the game on the very next play. He also said in his post game presser that he was fine.

ceej22

Reaction score
kidhawk":22qpp455 said:
Breno has been on the roster and neither guy missed as much time as Harvin.....Harvin hadn't played since the middle of last season. There's a huge difference.

Yeah that huge difference is that Percy is not yet in game shape and they don't want to push it. At least that is one way to interpret the news. Like others here I'm not worried about it until I see an official injury report listing him as doubtful.

ceej22

Reaction score
SeaWolv":qedqz2jt said:
Missing_Clink":qedqz2jt said:

That was speculation from the sideline reporter. After the game it was stated that they were just keeping him warm which is to be expected as he hadn't been in a game in 12 months. Don't want him ending up with hamstring injuries right off the get go because you had him sitting on the bench instead of keeping lose on the sidelines.

hawk45

Reaction score
Well done CHawkz, I LOLed.

Yeah I'm not going to jump unless he continues to miss a bunch of practices, but this is still news. Means he isn't 100%. With a guy coming back from a big injury that means more than if Lynch skips a practice, because Lynch hardly ever misses games.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Any and every Viking fan will tell you Harvin has missed more practices than he's attended. As suggested earlier in this thread, maybe that's not all bad, Bo Jackson never practiced. That is, unless it creates problems within the team, which is highly possible. Let's hope this is just Pete preserving him for game time, which is entirely likely.

Anyone have any good Hawk related news? It would be both welcome and refreshing.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Hmmm, after what I saw him do in the Vikings game.... I'm cool, take it easy Percy, grab a tub and Pepsi. Then rip the Saints up on Monday. (Walter Jones anyone?)

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3lpxxgkd said:

Harvin will be fine.

Entirely different. Pete has never described Marshawn's situation as 'day to day.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts