Percy Harvin didn't practice today. As per Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The dude had hip surgery. He's rehabbing as he should be. What did everyone think? That he was just going to jump in, ball out like it never happened?

The guy didn't have a preseason, nothing. He had practiced some and he has been rehabbing all along.
It is going to take a couple games to get back to being his normal self and frankly will probably feel some level of discomfort for the rest of the regular season.

HawkWow

Reaction score
The fact Harvin has made a career out of sitting out practices, for one malady or another, raises questions for those unafraid to question (props to you). This likely does not pertain to his current circumstance, but one thing that needs to be considered, when looking at his sometimes turbulent past, is that his teammates and staff likely understand Percy is like a buck 90, soaking wet, yet takes on tacklers like he's a mini ML. Soreness would be the norm for such a player. It's likely accepted that preservation, with his style, outweighs practice. I hope.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Percy practiced lightly today. Pete said there was no reason to say he won't play Monday. Says he'll for be managed like this for the rest of the season.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
DavidSeven":flnp1hts said:
Percy practiced lightly today. Pete said there was no reason to say he won't play Monday. Says he'll for be managed like this for the rest of the season.
Good to hear this.

Basis4day

Reaction score
DavidSeven":15fcr3ed said:

Can we, as a board, remember this the next time a starting player sits out practice the week before a game? Please?

hawk45

Reaction score
Basis4day":3fssjrcw said:
DavidSeven":3fssjrcw said:

Can we, as a board, remember this the next time a starting player sits out practice the week before a game? Please?

Sure, as long as the guy isn't coming off a surgery that kept him out for 10 weeks or the guy isn't injury-prone like Okung. But for those situations, you pay closer attention to any indication that things might not be right, because you have greater reason to do so.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I have him confidently set as my WR3 in my fantasy league for this week. This is the norm for him. GoHawks!

dunceface

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2l758if4 said:
I have him confidently set as my WR3 in my fantasy league for this week. This is the norm for him. GoHawks!

unless his status changes so do I

and why are we worried even if he is used sparingly? didn't we go over how big of an impact he had while only touching the ball twice?

mikeak

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1ilsrzgl said:
The dude had hip surgery. He's rehabbing as he should be. .

THIS

Doesn't matter if he is in shape to play he still had surgery and it comes with rehab and you keep doing it

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
mikeak":285rdtd3 said:
loafoftatupu":285rdtd3 said:

THIS

Doesn't matter if he is in shape to play he still had surgery and it comes with rehab and you keep doing it

Niner fans bringing reason to the Seahawks board. WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?!?!

mikeak

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1bon8vf0 said:
mikeak":1bon8vf0 said:
loafoftatupu":1bon8vf0 said:

THIS

Niner fans bringing reason to the Seahawks board. WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?!?!

Wait what? Season ticket holder inagural season in the new stadium for Seahawks (didn't live in the area before). Not sure what makes you think I am 49er fan.......

brimsalabim

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":1k7a5hrp said:
Does he really need to practice?

Percy Play Book
Play #1: Hand Percy the Ball
Play #2: Toss Percy the Ball

Do that about 10 to 15 times a game and you're probably good for about 250 yards and a couple Touch Downs.
god yes. he needs to get in sync with his QB.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
What many peeps are seeming to either not know or ignore is the articles written by medical professional saying that, although he may be recovered enough to play, the hip will take greater than 2 years to fully heal. If the surgery was just a hip cleanup (not the case) that would be only about 6 months. We're not just talking about a labrum scope. The surgeon removed bone material the joint area to keep joint from impinging upon itself (way oversimplified). Complete healing of that takes couple of years, so the rehab and limited practice will probably happen all of next year as well.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
mikeak":2kvjzcn4 said:
loafoftatupu":2kvjzcn4 said:
mikeak":2kvjzcn4 said:
loafoftatupu":2kvjzcn4 said:

THIS

Wait what? Season ticket holder inagural season in the new stadium for Seahawks (didn't live in the area before). Not sure what makes you think I am 49er fan.......

I retract my previous statement. (Just the Niner part) there are so many that I might not even know anymore.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Hey, the sky is not falling! Harvin is being coached in his rehab by people who know what they are doing. Lets not start speculating that there is more problems the team/fans have to deal with. Thurmond and Brown are out! That's it, Hawks will counter everything the Saints throw at them.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Its funny how people on here seem to think that expressing concern about the health of an important player makes you less of a fan.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":3l605hh1 said:
Its funny how people on here seem to think that expressing concern about the health of an important player makes you less of a fun.
fixed.

HawkWow

Reaction score
had2bhawk":3w0xbyku said:
Hey, the sky is not falling! Harvin is being coached in his rehab by people who know what they are doing. Lets not start speculating that there is more problems the team/fans have to deal with. Thurmond and Brown are out! That's it, Hawks will counter everything the Saints throw at them.

It's much more dramatic if you word it like "can we PLEASE stop speculating....".

I see it all the time here. Seems to really pull at heart strings because I don't see anyone questioning anything again...for what seems like moments.

A cop in Texas, unfamiliar with my "accent", once asked me (before striking me in the face with his flashlight) "where you from, boy"?

It's Browner, not "Brown"..so I ask you the same. SPY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts