Percy Harvin DNP thurs & friday

mjwhitay

Reaction score
brimsalabim":273ydr54 said:
nothing? You don't think we need him to beat the number two team? or you don't think winning the game is important?

Sounds like you think that we can't beat New Orleans without Harvin. Maybe you should go back and watch the last 20 or so games they've played without him. I think they've won 18 of them.

hawk45

Reaction score
Setting aside the Saints game, which I know we can without him (but would rather not have to find out), my concern is that after playing a few plays against the Vikes he has to be put in a bubble the week afterwards. My hope is that we can bring him out against the Saints enough to tilt the field a little, and then put him under wraps if need be until the playoffs. Because it would not seem that he's not fully-healed. Fully-healed guys do not miss practice regularly to prevent them from getting injured or re-injured.

Then again since it seems he can't be taken off of kickoff returns without a scene, perhaps I'd be happier if they just didn't play him the Saints game and put him in bubble wrap now.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
It's usually the last full practice of the week that matters most in determining whether an injured player gets on the field. Usually that's Friday; this week it's Saturday since we play Monday night. If he practices tomorrow he'll probably be listed on the injury report as "probable" and play Monday. If he doesn't practice tomorrow he'll probably be listed as "questionable" and be a game-time decision.

For what it's worth, Todd Dybas of the Tacoma News Tribune had this to say:

@Todd_Dybas: @Daniel_Z11 I have no idea. He hasn't talked to us this week and the Seahawks are evasive about it.

All we know for sure right now is that nobody knows anything.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
It sorta makes sense. If the weather is supposed to be cold and slick then Harvin's impact would be minimized. However that works in the favor of Lynch and Turbin. Plus colder can wreak havoc with hammys (in terms of being more tight). Especially guys who have explosive speed like Harvin. Harvin played against Minny but their were reports that his hamstrings tightened up during the game. So he is very susceptible to this. Weather will factor in how much Harvin is used and plays.

pmedic920

Reaction score
4ehunuve.jpg

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2eg4ks9l said:
nothing? You don't think we need him to beat the number two team? or you don't think winning the game is important?
He pretty similar to Marshawn in that he regularly misses practice and is money come game time.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
hawk45":2yzjl2dz said:
Setting aside the Saints game, which I know we can without him (but would rather not have to find out), my concern is that after playing a few plays against the Vikes he has to be put in a bubble the week afterwards.
. It's been two weeks.. That's what is concerning.
We have a window open right now and we have got to get through it.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Yeah, if he doesn't practice in some form tomorrow, than I will be in full panic mode. But as Pete said earlier in the week, he doesn't see Percy not playing.

Donn2390

Reaction score
veazy22":1wtawe6f said:
Polaris":1wtawe6f said:
I wouldn't fret about it. Carroll has made it very clear that he is treating Harvin like spun glass so he can be at his best for the playoffs.

Not buying that. Before the Minnesota game he was limited on Tuesday then full practice both Wed and Thursday. Something is not right!
http://www.seahawks.com/team/injuries.html
It doesn't matter if you buy it or not. It is Known..!

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I don't think it will matter as much for the team if he is not in with Kearse back. However, if he is not a full practice on Saturday I am benching him on my fantasy team.

HawkWow

Reaction score
You will drive yourself crazy if you base the status of his health on whether or not he practices. I wish I had intel on which active players have sat out the most practices, camps, etc. since Harvin was drafted. I'm going to suggest he'd be somewhere near the top of that list.

253hawk

Reaction score
Tom Brady was listed on the Pats' injury report for like three seasons straight; I wouldn't worry about it. Coaches just like to play head games with the opposing teams.

Laloosh

Reaction score
New Orleans will plan for Harvin whether he practices or not. Why would it be a deception on any level? Don't forget that they had a long time to plan as well. I honestly don't understand how pretending that he might be injured would change anything for NO.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
That's the point, it's all about mind games, wasted time and any edge you can get. You get a looksee at Tomlin yesterday? Any edge counts at this level. Personally I believe he's fine and will be playing gloves off, remember this is nothing out of the ordinary concerning him. It's virtually par for the course.