Cartire

Reaction score
SPECULATION SPECULATION SPECULATION SPECULATION
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE
SPECULATION SPECULATION SPECULATION
:angry017:

Seahawkx

Reaction score
His case is unique.. He needs his therapies more than practice.. It's not like they have him sitting on his ass on a sofa watching practice. He will be working on others things.. This is his second PRE-season game.

Seaswab

Reaction score
HawkWow":1w1bl9uy said:
You will drive yourself crazy if you base the status of his health on whether or not he practices. I wish I had intel on which active players have sat out the most practices, camps, etc. since Harvin was drafted. I'm going to suggest he'd be somewhere near the top of that list.

Some coaches do, give an example of when Pete Carroll has ever done that.

dunceface

Reaction score
Cartire":3sh3lhxh said:

Tumblr inline mn2c2wuCX71qz4rgp

IronSaint

Reaction score
dunceface":2im50p3v said:
Cartire":2im50p3v said:

LOL, I'm watching South Park right now. :thirishdrinkers:

Reaction score
dunceface":3sfcmoh2 said:
Cartire":3sfcmoh2 said:

Hah! First thing I thought of was the scene from "Blazing Saddles." The rabble-rousers...rabble, rabble, rabble, rabble, rabble, rabble.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I don't know what's going on. But for the folks who think they're smarter for staying calm, we're not talking about Pete being coy in pressers or fiddling with the injury report. We're talking about the fact that he's not practicing.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
While I won't pretend to know the specifics of this week, living in Minnesota through the Harvin years you ate all going to want to get used to this. Good, bad or whatever... Percys practice participation was always a mystery (the migraines being the biggest contributor)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Uncle Si":28uo7qjn said:
While I won't pretend to know the specifics of this week, living in Minnesota through the Harvin years you ate all going to want to get used to this. Good, bad or whatever... Percys practice participation was always a mystery (the migraines being the biggest contributor)
Exactly, as Frankie says "Relax".

CEHawk

Reaction score
Pete said they were going to work him hard then rest him, I don't see what everyone is being all crazy about. They are taking it day to day, if he was re injured they would say so. Toughen up hawk fans Lol wow

Wartooth

Reaction score
Percy is going to play, It's the Big Top, Center Stage, Monday Night Football!
No way Percy misses playing in this game.
The Hawks are fix'in to finish this thing, and Percy's going to help.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
He'll play. Seriously he rarely practices anyway and with the hip deal they're being conservative as they should be. The guy is something the Seahawks have never had, heck few teams have ever had. A number 1 WR that's truly a multipurpose weapon and player, quite similar to Wilson actually... pretty interesting that they're the same age....

HawkWow

Reaction score
Seaswab":3k6sfxcc said:
HawkWow":3k6sfxcc said:
You will drive yourself crazy if you base the status of his health on whether or not he practices. I wish I had intel on which active players have sat out the most practices, camps, etc. since Harvin was drafted. I'm going to suggest he'd be somewhere near the top of that list.

Some coaches do, give an example of when Pete Carroll has ever done that.

Done what?

dunceface

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":398ua50i said:
Right it's Saturday, has he started practice yet?

I've been clicking refresh on .com for about 2 and a half hours now and still nothing...

jrod13206

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about it at all. Friday the team practiced outdoors and why risk him getting tight when a game is coming up. They will practice indoors on Saturday due to rain and he should get a full practice in. That way he will be loose on Monday and ready to get in 20-25 snaps maybe 4-6 touches. He will factor.

kidhawk

Reaction score
People put WAY too much weight on individual practice reports without any context. For context you must look at a variety of things...

1. Player history - Harvin doesn't really have a history here yet, so this is not as relevant as it is with a guy like Lynch, but since Harvin is just returned from a full year out of the league it is to be expected they will be extremely cautious with him.

2. Coach speak - In this case, Pete has said a few things. He wants Harvin to practice, but he also said early in the week that they are being very cautious with Percy and that we should expect them to continue to do so every week this season.

3. End of week injury report - This is an odd week. Not only is it off by a day because it is a Monday game, but it was also an off day Thursday due to Thanksgiving. Saturday afternoon the team will put out a game status. Unless Harvin is listed as out then we shouldn't be counting him out or overly stressing over it

Basically people need to take into account many factors when reading practice reports and not worry over it too much before all the information is in. Is it worth keeping an eye on when a player misses practice? Of course, but don't overreact.

RiverDog

Reaction score
kidhawk":3388gdhv said:
People put WAY too much weight on individual practice reports without any context. For context you must look at a variety of things...

1. Player history - Harvin doesn't really have a history here yet, so this is not as relevant as it is with a guy like Lynch, but since Harvin is just returned from a full year out of the league it is to be expected they will be extremely cautious with him.

2. Coach speak - In this case, Pete has said a few things. He wants Harvin to practice, but he also said early in the week that they are being very cautious with Percy and that we should expect them to continue to do so every week this season.

3. End of week injury report - This is an odd week. Not only is it off by a day because it is a Monday game, but it was also an off day Thursday due to Thanksgiving. Saturday afternoon the team will put out a game status. Unless Harvin is listed as out then we shouldn't be counting him out or overly stressing over it

Basically people need to take into account many factors when reading practice reports and not worry over it too much before all the information is in. Is it worth keeping an eye on when a player misses practice? Of course, but don't overreact.

The factor I'm taking into account is that this is Percy Harvin, who is an enigma to say the least.

There's plenty of motivation for Pete not to be forthcoming about Harvin's status. Even if he knew for sure that he's not playing, he may not want to disclose that information to the public so that the Saints to have to prepare as if Harvin is playing Monday.

Will I

Reaction score
This reminds me of the Mike Rob conspiracy theorists all over again. Way too many opinions being formulated from people who are only making assumptions and clearly are NOT in the know.