Percy Harvin DNP thurs & friday

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Ok then what do we know?

Did he play after the kick return?
Has he practiced at all in the two weeks since then?

We also know that he has a history of not practicing even when he could and this has not helped his QB's in the past.

And we know he is explosive when he wants to be. He is a classic Wide Receiver Diva.
I hope that he plays because we need all hands on deck for this one because a win know sets us up for home field advantage in the playoffs.
If he doesn't play I hope the office will begin working on replacing him with some one who wants to be a part of the team.

jrod13206

Reaction score
^
He did play after the return, just didn't get a touch. That shows that the hip isn't injured, maybe sore, but not injured. People need to get off his case, in time he will prove that this trade was more then worth it. :179422:

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I'll get off his case when of if he becomes part of the team.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1bmih6x8 said:
I'll get off his case when of if he becomes part of the team.

Get a grip

The ridiculous personas people on here carry are sad sometimes

Bprez3

Reaction score
Hawks did not have practice yesterday. So everyone was a DNP. Today's practice report will be telling.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Bprez3":3dabjwzx said:
Hawks did not have practice yesterday. So everyone was a DNP. Today's practice report will be telling.

I know they didn't have practice on Thursday, but where did you hear that they didn't have practice yesterday?

kidhawk

Reaction score
RiverDog":txrm4b5r said:
kidhawk":txrm4b5r said:
People put WAY too much weight on individual practice reports without any context. For context you must look at a variety of things...

1. Player history - Harvin doesn't really have a history here yet, so this is not as relevant as it is with a guy like Lynch, but since Harvin is just returned from a full year out of the league it is to be expected they will be extremely cautious with him.

2. Coach speak - In this case, Pete has said a few things. He wants Harvin to practice, but he also said early in the week that they are being very cautious with Percy and that we should expect them to continue to do so every week this season.

3. End of week injury report - This is an odd week. Not only is it off by a day because it is a Monday game, but it was also an off day Thursday due to Thanksgiving. Saturday afternoon the team will put out a game status. Unless Harvin is listed as out then we shouldn't be counting him out or overly stressing over it

Basically people need to take into account many factors when reading practice reports and not worry over it too much before all the information is in. Is it worth keeping an eye on when a player misses practice? Of course, but don't overreact.

The factor I'm taking into account is that this is Percy Harvin, who is an enigma to say the least.

There's plenty of motivation for Pete not to be forthcoming about Harvin's status. Even if he knew for sure that he's not playing, he may not want to disclose that information to the public so that the Saints to have to prepare as if Harvin is playing Monday.

So basically you want to discount some of the facts because YOU think we would or should lie about it as a team. This is exactly how people get all worked up over what could very well be nothing.

Anyone who thinks they know Harvin's status before game status is announced today is making a foolish presumption.

12thManNorth

Reaction score
If we're gonna have 4+ pages discussing every practice Harvin misses, this is gonna end up being 100 pages by seasons end. The guy hardly practiced in Minny even when essentially healthy. He's an All-Pro at getting out of practices, it's almost Allen Iverson-esque where they both know that when they play it's at an all-star or Pro Bowl level. Yes he could use reps in practice but I'm sure his confidence is at a place where he'd rather stay healthy & rested than get a few practice reps.

hawker84

Reaction score
I'm sorry, didn't we win 10 games without harvin this year? I'ts not like we're playing CAR or SF or the Rams who have an elite D, yes the Saints D is much improved, but let's not sit here and think our offense with or without out harvin can't have success against them. IF their defensive can't constantly put pressure on RW then we'll be fine without him.

Have faith in your team people, with or without harvin this offense is still dangerous...

HawkWow

Reaction score
12thManNorth":1dm3yqc4 said:
If we're gonna have 4+ pages discussing every practice Harvin misses, this is gonna end up being 100 pages by seasons end. The guy hardly practiced in Minny even when essentially healthy. He's an All-Pro at getting out of practices, it's almost Allen Iverson-esque where they both know that when they play it's at an all-star or Pro Bowl level. Yes he could use reps in practice but I'm sure his confidence is at a place where he'd rather stay healthy & rested than get a few practice reps.

What's really amazing is Nostradamus predicted this thread would happen exactly 600 years ago today.

Not really, but you didn't have to be Nostradamus to predict threads like this would eventually permeate this forum. A few, not blinded by all that is blue and green, didn't just predict this would happen, we knew this would happen. Always amazes me how fans will dismiss a players past as soon as he joins that fans team. These are the posters most often stressed by events such as this.

Myself? No stress at all. When we inked Harvin, I saw it as an expensive luxury pick, but one that would give us a bump whenever he avails himself for play. I also felt we didn't need Harvin to win. Still don't, so no stress at all. Not saying I told you so......this is just common sense. My reason for posting this is to keep others away from the ledge. You'd do well to view Harvin as that bad ass Corvette the neighbor is constantly working on. Sometimes it won't start, but when it does, holy sh*t.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Bprez3":33f1c430 said:
The Outfield":33f1c430 said:
Bprez3":33f1c430 said:

I know they didn't have practice on Thursday, but where did you hear that they didn't have practice yesterday?

Per Rotoworld:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5197/percy-harvin

Well, that changes things quite a bit imo. He was DNP on Thursday (when they didn't actually practice), so it makes sense that they would continue the same status into Friday when they didn't actually practice either.

Are they practicing today? I hope so. I think we need to fully prepare for the Saints...

HawkWow

Reaction score
The line in Vegas hasn't fluctuated. Not even by a 1/2 point. So the public's perception, including that of the whales, hasn't changed, nor been been influenced at all by any of this (inc. WT3 and BB). Deep breath Hawk fans. Only the Saints and their fans should be stressing on this fine holiday weekend.

This is a time we are for the most part, unfamiliar with (other than 05, maybe 83). Feel good in knowing your team is the best in the land, playing at home and soon to be 11-1.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
12thManNorth":16y7op20 said:
He practices in the game.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
HawkWow":1h1buapa said:
12thManNorth":1h1buapa said:

What's really amazing is Nostradamus predicted this thread would happen exactly 600 years ago today.

Not really, but you didn't have to be Nostradamus to predict threads like this would eventually permeate this forum. A few, not blinded by all that is blue and green, didn't just predict this would happen, we knew this would happen. Always amazes me how fans will dismiss a players past as soon as he joins that fans team. These are the posters most often stressed by events such as this.

Myself? No stress at all. When we inked Harvin, I saw it as an expensive luxury pick, but one that would give us a bump whenever he avails himself for play. I also felt we didn't need Harvin to win. Still don't, so no stress at all. Not saying I told you so......this is just common sense. My reason for posting this is to keep others away from the ledge. You'd do well to view Harvin as that bad ass Corvette the neighbor is constantly working on. Sometimes it won't start, but when it does, holy sh*t.
Nice.

OP
OP
V

veazy22

Reaction score
This is what I figured was coming...worst week ever to be a Seahawks fan :(

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 17m
Source: #Seahawks WR Percy Harvin's surgically repaired hip flared up again. He's seeing doctors today, but his status for MNF is in doubt.

Update: Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 5m
Official ---> RT @Seahawks: Pete Carroll says WR Percy Harvin (hip) will be listed as Doubtful heading into Monday's game against the Saints

RiverDog

Reaction score
kidhawk":1f3y678d said:
RiverDog":1f3y678d said:
kidhawk":1f3y678d said:
People put WAY too much weight on individual practice reports without any context. For context you must look at a variety of things...

1. Player history - Harvin doesn't really have a history here yet, so this is not as relevant as it is with a guy like Lynch, but since Harvin is just returned from a full year out of the league it is to be expected they will be extremely cautious with him.

2. Coach speak - In this case, Pete has said a few things. He wants Harvin to practice, but he also said early in the week that they are being very cautious with Percy and that we should expect them to continue to do so every week this season.

3. End of week injury report - This is an odd week. Not only is it off by a day because it is a Monday game, but it was also an off day Thursday due to Thanksgiving. Saturday afternoon the team will put out a game status. Unless Harvin is listed as out then we shouldn't be counting him out or overly stressing over it

Basically people need to take into account many factors when reading practice reports and not worry over it too much before all the information is in. Is it worth keeping an eye on when a player misses practice? Of course, but don't overreact.

The factor I'm taking into account is that this is Percy Harvin, who is an enigma to say the least.

There's plenty of motivation for Pete not to be forthcoming about Harvin's status. Even if he knew for sure that he's not playing, he may not want to disclose that information to the public so that the Saints to have to prepare as if Harvin is playing Monday.

So basically you want to discount some of the facts because YOU think we would or should lie about it as a team. This is exactly how people get all worked up over what could very well be nothing.

Anyone who thinks they know Harvin's status before game status is announced today is making a foolish presumption

Thanks for the lesson there, Kid. I'm sure glad you're around to keep me from making a foolish presumption.