Percy Harvin to be unleashed... Deep

Basis4day

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":1lzsl8ot said:
Baldwin isn't a #1 so comparing the two is apples and oranges. Baldwin is a proven slot player, Kearse has been an effective role player but not a proven starter. Tate played the slot in Harvin's absence and outperformed Kearse in yardage and completions; Kearse is not a number 1 receiver. I keep hearing superbowl but Denver's secondary was garbage that game. They were missing Chris Harris and Champ Bailey was finished.

Baldwin can get his touches substituting for Harvin in the slot. Those two can be awesome or putting Percy outside with Baldwin inside.

I compared the two because both are playing outside this year, and have comparable numbers this year. So it is apples to apples because you want to bench Kearse based on his play this year despite having similar numbers to Baldwin. Now if you're going to keep Baldwin active for his accomplishments in the slot then you need to rely on past accomplishments and Kearse was a very good WR last year who had some very big catches prior to the Superbowl.

I don't see how any of that is a logical reason to give the nod to Norwood who has no track record period and is currently behind a different rookie WR on the depth chart. Especially when you consider that neither Norwood or Richardson play ST.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Hey seahawk12thman....

I just saw the Harvin news, so... um... yeah i don't know what to argue at this point.

chawx

Reaction score
Hi res 158040530 crop exact

HEY PERCY! GO DEEP...No...keep going....keep going......... keep going..... almost there........... keep going..................... (3,000 miles later) K, you're good, in fact... Just stay there and let Geno throw you some for a while.

Basis4day

Reaction score
I like the reddit comment about us mastering the Jet Sweep.... Heyooooo

nanomoz

Reaction score
chawx":10okmr1f said:
Hi res 158040530 crop exact

HEY PERCY! GO DEEP...No...keep going....keep going......... keep going..... almost there........... keep going..................... (3,000 miles later) K, you're good, in fact... Just stay there and let Geno throw you some for a while.

Well done. We unleashed him alright.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
We are not using him correctly. Say what you want about his injury history, but the guy saw 4 targets ALL SEASON that traveled 10 yards or more in the air. That is ludicrous. I have no issue with wanting to manufacture short throws to him, but this isn't a WR like Patterson where they can't run routes. Percy Harvin is a good WR.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
seahawk Dan":ap88xgyd said:
We are not using him correctly. Say what you want about his injury history, but the guy saw 4 targets ALL SEASON that traveled 10 yards or more in the air. That is ludicrous. I have no issue with wanting to manufacture short throws to him, but this isn't a WR like Patterson where they can't run routes. Percy Harvin is a good WR.

Why the talk about a Jets WR?

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Basis4day":rcecoi6t said:
Hey seahawk12thman....

I just saw the Harvin news, so... um... yeah i don't know what to argue at this point.

Yeah how strange that we were arguing this point. They kept 7 receivers on the roster so perhaps they saw this day coming. I guess we will see Richardson and Norwood now. I also wonder if Bates will come on now, I really think other than Baldwin in the slot (where he belongs), these positions are up for grabs.....

UNLESS

Pete and John have a trade in the works with perhaps a certain WR from the Houston Texans??? We'll see.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":i4kit3or said:
seahawk Dan":i4kit3or said:

Why the talk about a Jets WR?

Yes I know he is a jet know , he is going to be missed in the big games. making that big play like he did in the Super Bowl

byau

Reaction score
This is a fun Percy Harvin thread...

more humor please :)

I myself am not ...."Harvin"... a hard time with this trade :)

oh yeah..see what I did?

Jacknut16

Reaction score
Anthony!":1af77uve said:
And yet he has shown he can do that exact thing numerous times, the issue is Rw has been given orders low risk no TO. Until they allow him rope to take chances this is the way it will be.

Was bad and used this post to attack another poster.

Latest posts