Personal Draft grades

Your Grade with closing of draft

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

irfuben32

Reaction score
Why are we moaning about ILB? Are we pretending we didnt sign thee best MLB in the game already?

Bobby is a dude who meets ball carriers behind the LoS, at the LoS, or worst case 2-3 yards beyond.

Weve added some great talent and leaders, super stoked for next season!

Bobby is on a one year deal, also got a few miles on him. who is backing him up?

D

DomeHawk

We killed it, for the second year in a row.

We didn't do something stupid to gamble on a QB that almost certainly won't pan out. We didn't gamble on Carter somehow doing what Lacy couldn't do, put down the fork, and get into the conditioning room. We didn't try to get cute to fill our need along the line, in a draft that was weak in inside line guys, on both sides.

We went out and got real Seahawks. Players who love the game. Love to play. Have a just a little nasty in them. Motivated. Leaders. Character. Same as last year. "We got some dogs."

We got the best corner in the draft
We got the best WR in the draft.
We got the best RB in the draft.
We got the best Center in the draft.
We got 1 of the top 2 guards in the draft.
We got the best 3rd down back in the draft.
This is really a great post. The Seahawks PR people should hire you!

Jerhawk

Reaction score
while there are what would appear to be extremely pedestrian wide receivers, namely Cooper Kupp, that can win the receiving triple crown and SB MVP.

Woah woah woah. I went to EWU with Cooper Kupp he's no slouch. That's like saying Steve Largent was pedestrian. You take this back!

Rainger

Reaction score
If you put it like that, everything is debatable. IMO, the difference between Robinson and Charbonnet is bigger than Witherspoon and the next CB or JSN and the next WR.

I am not saying Charbonnet is not a good RB. He is. He is just not the best in this class.
And Robinson was not available. So Char was the best when they picked!!!!

Last edited:

irfuben32

Reaction score
I gave them a B. I love the guys they brought in. I feel like they are all going to contribute and I respect that they stuck to there board and grabbed high character, tough SOB's that love the game. They improved the team and set the organization up for success in the future.

What would an A look like?

Last year BPA aligned with team needs beautifully and they knocked it out of the park. This year BPA aligned more with positions I would call "Luxury Picks". We needed a 3rd WR. We could have gotten a good one later, we got possibly the best WR in the draft. We didn't need another CB at all but if there is one that is too good to pass up then grab him. Unfortunately that happened to be our #5 overall pick. We needed to pick up a RB in this draft. We could have gotten a good one later but BPA late in the second was Charbonett. I absolutely LOVE Charbonett (and Witherspoon) but taking such a talented back when you have Kenneth Walker is a luxury pick. For me an A would have been being able to move back when need and BPA don't line up into a zone where they DO line up and pick up some nice draft capitol along the way (that you can hopefully spend on some luxury picks like Zach Charbonnett, Darnell Washington or Hendon Hooker). Obviously this takes two to tango, I was really underwhelmed by what teams were getting to move back so that strategy didn't seem to be completely viable. They did do an excellent job picking up another future 3rd rounder. trading back adds some risk to the equation but for me if they were able to pull that off it would have been an A.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Woah woah woah. I went to EWU with Cooper Kupp he's no slouch. That's like saying Steve Largent was pedestrian. You take this back!
LOL! Hey, bro! Complete the following: Hooray hooray for the 8th of May....

I'm an EWU alum, too, part of the first ever graduating class when it became a university in the fall of 1977, with a BA in BA while flashing a BA. And you're exactly right, Largent and Kupp are no slouches. I was using Kupp, and Largent for that matter, to demonstrate that unlike nearly every other position besides quarterback, neither size, strength, or speed is the most important attribute of a good WR, one of my points as to why WR's are overrated. If Largent and Kupp, with their physical traits or lack thereof, can excel at the position.....you get my drift.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Bobby is on a one year deal, also got a few miles on him. who is backing him up?

Theres risks and what ifs any which way we argue it.

He was the best mlb last year, been for years, and theres no reason to doubt him at this point. And we signed him. Addressing needs.

Sign the best MLB in the game and people will still ‘the sky is falling, carroll sucks..’

Jerhawk

Reaction score
LOL! Hey, bro! Complete the following: Hooray hooray for the 8th of May....

I'm an EWU alum, too, part of the first ever graduating class when it became a university in the fall of 1977, with a BA in BA while flashing a BA. And you're exactly right, Largent and Kupp are no slouches. I was using Kupp, and Largent for that matter, to demonstrate that unlike nearly every other position besides quarterback, neither size, strength, or speed is the most important attribute of a good WR, one of my points as to why WR's are overrated. If Largent and Kupp, with their physical traits or lack thereof, can excel at the position.....you get my drift.
Right on! Class of 2016 here. Very good school!

I get what you're saying I was just giving you a hard time. He doesn't have the physical dominating attributes but he's a sound technician with his footwork, route running, and great hands. I wish he was in blue and green.

D

DomeHawk

Like I posted before, even 1st rounders are over 50% busts. That's why I think what's in a player's head is every bit as important as their physical talents. And, that is why I love our early round picks.

irfuben32

Reaction score
Theres risks and what ifs any which way we argue it.

He was the best mlb last year, been for years, and theres no reason to doubt him at this point. And we signed him. Addressing needs.

Sign the best MLB in the game and people will still ‘the sky is falling, carroll sucks..’

I am just saying it was a serious need in the draft.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Right on! Class of 2016 here. Very good school!

I get what you're saying I was just giving you a hard time. He doesn't have the physical dominating attributes but he's a sound technician with his footwork, route running, and great hands. I wish he was in blue and green.
Yep, me, too. I don't disrespect any of the players or want to minimize their achievements. It's just that their measurables aren't what's important. What's important is what you just mentioned about Kupp, and you don't need to burn high draft picks to find players with those traits.

Fade

Reaction score
Run defense is easier to fix than pass rush. I'd prefer a team to spend their premium capital on guys that effect the passing game vs. the running game. The Hawks still found a way to add a couple of guys that could help with the run defense on day 3 as well.

They will bring in some vet run stuffers before training camp to round out the area of the defense, as they mentioned in their final draft day presser.

My bigger concern is Clint Hurtt and his silly 2 gap concepts that make the players play worse, watching them struggle to get their runfits right for an entire season. That is a huge red flag in my book, and I think coaching/coordinating is the bigger issue over talent. They had a bunch of runstuffers they were paying $4M+ APY last year and still couldn't stop the run. It really wasn't guys getting blown off the ball, but guys out of position, and playing indecisive.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Obviously we don’t know till we know, but what’s your gut reaction.

My plan is do another poll on this draft after training camp, and one at the end of season.

My hope is, that none of us have to downgrade our votes.
I said "we killed it" - when I think it kinda was more of an A+

I LOVE that we ignored the QB situation.

Top WR and Top Corner in the draft? That alone is an A.......

Whether we Killed it or were an A+ - I'm loving it, particularly in combination with our FA signings.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
I said "we killed it" - when I think it kinda was more of an A+

I LOVE that we ignored the QB situation.

Top WR and Top Corner in the draft? That alone is an A.......

Whether we Killed it or were an A+ - I'm loving it, particularly in combination with our FA signings.
Yea, my opinion is if you’re gunna reach on a player it SHOULD NOT be a QB.

I’m 100% behind them not forcing that issue

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I misworded my earlier post when I said I wasn't overly excited by our 4th pick. I meant to say AFTER our Charbonnet pic. I had him as one of the two best RBs in this draft and loved that choice. Our offensive intent depends on the ability to run the ball and having only one top shelf guy will not get that done. This guy gives us exactly what we want and need in terms of complimenting Walker's ability with a contrasting style. It gives us a very good one-two punch along with depth to cover injury situations. I am excited we have this guy and love all of our first four picks.

King Dog

Reaction score
Thought it was a nice draft. Really wanted to trade up and get Mayer when he was sitting there in Round two. Wouldn't have been expensive and seems like his floor would be Zach Miller which would be fine by me.