Pete and this Season.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
He knows what he is doing. Will it work this time like last Championship run? Maybe. Maybe not. Pete is throwing the youth to the wolves. Just like he did with Earl and the LOB. Pete can sell wolf tickets and really wants to compete but his plan is for next yr.

This season is all about the young defensive players, the tackles and such to get real reps in. Pete is not big on Geno or Drew and will take a QB next year. I would put money down that he takes a QB next season and hopes for a repeat of 2012.

Will this work? I have no idea. This is his plan and i am sure of it. Will it bring a lot of posts about fire Pete and such? Without a doubt.

So his plan was for next year to really "compete". Thoughts?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We kind of missed the bus here.
We aren't replacing Pete with anyone better.

Not because there are not better options, but who would take this job?
We have:

a mystery as an owner
a roster that is incomplete and looks pretty wanting
a fanbase that is used to better is going to start getting antsy
no starting QB (not franchise-caliber)

Sure we can get lucky and get a good coach despite the above, but someone with choices and multiple opportunities? They would be crazy to come here.
So whatever the plan is with Pete, there probably isn't an upside.
That said, there have been much better coaches in history that could not coach this long. For a reason.

Bill Parcells
Tom Coughlin
Marv Levy
Jimmy Johnson

None coached as long as Pete and even being much better coaches, none could be effective past a certain age. So expecting Pete to be at all a competitive coach at this age is probably unlikely.

We won for a good long while. Now we won't. Part of being really good or even great, is that at some point you won't be. Part of sports. Great teams turn into terrible teams. It is now our turn.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Hopefully he drafts a great bunch of guys this next draft. Lincoln Riley will need them when he’s out new coach in 2024.

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
Yes, a quarterback in the draft next year for sure. But we probably don't want to have him start right away. Better to have a veteran show the way and then start the rookie, if needed, after a few games. Maybe that will still happen with Lock...not sure if that would be good or bad.

We also have some great draft choices from the "DangerPuss" trade, which will allow us to add more "young stars and depth". Their lower cost contracts will give the Seahawks the "cap space" to allow them to re-sign the best veterans and recruit a few select free agents.

Pete will un-doubtably remain as Head Coach with JS and the complete staff from this year returning. They have been "playing the hand that they have been dealt" all along, without even a real sniff at Baker Mayfield or Jimmy G.

But, the future looks bright ahead...Maybe even starting this season!

Sorry...I am such a Homer.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
As much as I am not in the Pete crowd, he did a hell of a job getting that team ready for the Denver game.
If you watch the Pat McAfee show, McAfee, does a bit where he says, it may or may not have happened, but he wouldn’t be surprised if it did, where he pulls the team together for their last meeting before the Denver team and says to them, something in the lines of, you know what tomorrows game means to a lot of former teammates and very clearly says maybe Wilson does not like any of his Seahawks then teammates and doesn’t like Carroll or Schneider and I gotta say, I wouldn’t put it past that. I’m sure Carroll said something very personal about the game against Wilson. But I’m sure as hell, previous teammates from these last few years was EXTRA and probably personally motivated as well as even Shelby Harris and Noah Fant wanted to put the Broncos on ice!

And sure as hell, Seattle came out swinging. And I loved every second of beating Wilson! It will probably be one of the more notable and remembered games in Seahawks history.

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score

We have:

a mystery as an owner

Sure we can get lucky and get a good coach despite the above, but someone with choices and multiple opportunities? They would be crazy to come here.
That said, there have been much better coaches in history that could not coach this long. For a reason.

Bill Parcells
Tom Coughlin
Marv Levy
Jimmy Johnson

None coached as long as Pete and even being much better coaches, none could be effective past a certain age. So expecting Pete to be at all a competitive coach at this age is probably unlikely.

We won for a good long while. Now we won't. Part of being really good or even great, is that at some point you won't be. Part of sports. Great teams turn into terrible teams. It is now our turn.
Number one rule; never let ANYONE define your success period.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
He knows what he is doing. Will it work this time like last Championship run? Maybe. Maybe not. Pete is throwing the youth to the wolves. Just like he did with Earl and the LOB. Pete can sell wolf tickets and really wants to compete but his plan is for next yr.

This season is all about the young defensive players, the tackles and such to get real reps in. Pete is not big on Geno or Drew and will take a QB next year. I would put money down that he takes a QB next season and hopes for a repeat of 2012.

Will this work? I have no idea. This is his plan and i am sure of it. Will it bring a lot of posts about fire Pete and such? Without a doubt.

Bears are doing rebuild on steroids with the same objective. Eberflus is playing a bunch of rookies and second-year guys. Success for both teams depends on hitting gold in the draft again. Both had strong drafts in 2022. If the Bears finish with a higher draft position, maybe the Hawks will trade up with the Bears for a QB. It could a win-win for me as a Bears/Seahawks fan.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We will see if getting a great QB next year:

A - Happens

B - Changes anything significant

It feels we might be too far gone for one player to fix things, even someone as pivotal as the QB.

warden

Reaction score
We have an enormous amount of cap space next year, lots of good draft picks, Jamal Adams coming back and all of our young promising rookies will have a year under their belt. The future does look bright

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

Honestly. I've posted several times about this - I truly think that everyone completely underestimates just HOW toxic the entire 2nd half of Team 3's tenure was with us.

He's been rejuvenated - and it shows. He's here 'till 2025. I have posted that I thought that he was too old to see this through another rebuild. Then Geno came, and a decent draft class. I don't think that anymore.

You should REALLY REALLY REALLY go back and watch several pressers from last year. a) several weeks before Russ's finger. b) During russ's finger. c) everything after russ's finger. If you'll notice, he looks like he doesn't have control of the team, and he didn't - in about 10 different respects. I've used the term "gun in his mouth" several times - and that's what it looked like.

That's changed now. Pete Carrol is welcome to coach the hawks for as long as he DAMN well pleases. Please and thank you.

He's had redemption this season. Thank goodness. When he says "it's clicking", I now believe it. He's back to 'his' formula - whether people agree with it or not - and it's working. I think we can expect possibly another owl out of him between now and 2025. He has the draft capital, the QB, and the drive.

Geno for Prez. Bitches.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

We have:

a mystery as an owner

Bill Parcells
Tom Coughlin
Marv Levy
Jimmy Johnson

This type of post goes beyond simply being proven wrong by a decent half-season of football. This is just some sort of twisted, dark fantasy of the Seahawks somehow being an undesirable franchise, which is complete hogwash from top to bottom.

Rainger

Reaction score

Yes I think he going to take a QB but I disagree, I think Pete is VERY VERY big on Geno.