Pete and this Season.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Yes I think he going to take a QB but I disagree, I think Pete is VERY VERY big on Geno.
I agree. Geno has been the perfect QB for Pete’s style of play. Avoid TO’s, play with efficiency, take advantage of what the D gives you.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Another thread that did not age well.
Not really. I think he thinks his championship window is next yr. Not this yr. I also think he stills grabs a qb. If he does not? I am wrong. Nothing i said was wrong or aged poorly.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
HAHAAHAHAHAHA, Especially for the "Know-it All" Pete Haters, eh?

Who is a Pete Hater? You will never, ever see me hating on Pete. Do i agree with everything? No. Do i think he is the best coach Seattle has had? Yes.

So if you are speaking about me, this is a very silly reply.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
He knows what he is doing. Will it work this time like last Championship run? Maybe. Maybe not. Pete is throwing the youth to the wolves. Just like he did with Earl and the LOB. Pete can sell wolf tickets and really wants to compete but his plan is for next yr.

This season is all about the young defensive players, the tackles and such to get real reps in. Pete is not big on Geno or Drew and will take a QB next year. I would put money down that he takes a QB next season and hopes for a repeat of 2012.

Will this work? I have no idea. This is his plan and i am sure of it. Will it bring a lot of posts about fire Pete and such? Without a doubt.

So his plan was for next year to really "compete". Thoughts?
Everything i said is true for the most part. He threw his youth to the wolves. Facts. He let them get reps in. Facts. Are the Seahawks better then 2011? So far, yes. The 1st half of my post was mainly correct. Pete always competes. He can still sell ice to a person living in the snow.

The rest of my original post is now opinion based so far.

I dont think he thinks Geno is the QB of the future. This yr and maybe next yr but he will snag a qb next yr in the draft. If i am wrong? Cool. If not? Cool.

We are only half way through the year anyways.

Nunya

Reaction score
Not really. I think he thinks his championship window is next yr. Not this yr. I also think he stills grabs a qb. If he does not? I am wrong. Nothing i said was wrong or aged poorly.
Except for the fact that things PC has said is in complete opposite of your thinking.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I dont think he thinks Geno is the QB of the future.

Just so you know the phrase "I think he thinks" is almost universally accepted as code for "I want my ill-founded opinions to be viewed as facts without needing to provide any factual information". When I see stuff like this I immediately go to the default position that whoever wrote it is 100% full of s*** on that particular subject.

& you used a in consecutive posts so you do the math.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Except for the fact that things PC has said is in complete opposite of your thinking.
I know. PETE says a lot of things as well. It is called Coach Speak. He is a Coach most players love.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Just so you know the phrase "I think he thinks" is almost universally accepted as code for "I want my ill-founded opinions to be viewed as facts without needing to provide any factual information". When I see stuff like this I immediately go to the default position that whoever wrote it is 100% full of s*** on that particular subject.

& you used a in consecutive posts so you do the math.
Ok tough guy. People like you are weird as all get out. Its a message board. People have opinions and can be wrong.
I also have been right plenty on this board when 90% of the people were wrong. I never called them out unless they did what you did. Remember Shaq? Or Pocic? Yea 2 main guys i was right on. If Pete does not draft a qb i was wrong. However, You have been wrong plenty. So should i tell you that you are full of crap?

Nah ill just assume your being a weirdo and move on. 😂😂

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
And to clarify I hope Geno is the QB of the future if he continues to play like this.

Nunya

Reaction score
I know. PETE says a lot of things as well. It is called Coach Speak. He is a Coach most players love.
If people actually listen to the man they would know that this is not really true. Some people think it is "coach speak" because they refuse to accept what he says because they "think" better. PC said that Geno could be a starter on any team in the league when he filled in for RW last season. PC completely dismissed the idea that the team was "rebuilding" this season when every pundit claimed that the team was in a rebuild year. In fact, PC came straight out and said they were going to try an win a championship THIS year.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
If people actually listen to the man they would know that this is not really true. Some people think it is "coach speak" because they refuse to accept what he says because they "think" better. PC said that Geno could be a starter on any team in the league when he filled in for RW last season. PC completely dismissed the idea that the team was "rebuilding" this season when every pundit claimed that the team was in a rebuild year. In fact, PC came straight out and said they were going to try an win a championship THIS year.
Thanks for telling me what you think i think. Im not you weirdos who act like i am so much smarter then my fellow posters. Since you want to call me out, Pete does do what i said.

"Pete Carroll is simply unbelievable at what he does. I’m not referring to coaching, recruiting, winning over the press, or any of what many people think makes Pete Carroll successful. Pete Carroll is quite possibly the best liar in the game.
And the sad part is people bought it.

Every recruit believed his act, media and fans bought into it, and even the USC compliance somehow approved of having 100 or more people at each practice including celebrities, NFL players, and of course agents.
Now that USC is under probation his recruits don’t get to go to bowl games, his former AD has been fired, his former school and player (Bush) are being ridiculed and stripped of victories, trophies, etc., and where is ol’ Pete? He is headed to the NFL."

Bleacher Reports. https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...-college-footballs-corrupt-landscape.amp.html

"Pete Carroll is lying about the QB situation."

"Matt Hasselbeck as a “top priority”. At the end of last season, Pete made it very clear that re-signing Matt Hasselbeck was a “top priority”, his words, not mine. "

"Days before he cut kicker Brandon Coutu, he said that the kicker competition was one of the best competitions in the preseason and was going to go down to the wire. Of course what he really meant is “I’ve made a decision and Coutu will soon be unemployed”.

"Fans Critical Of Pete Carroll Saying He Had ‘No Intention’ Of Trading Russell Wilson Only To Deal Him To Denver".

Meaning of Coach Speak:

"Perhaps more accurately, it could be referred to as coaching double-talk. Yes, their mouths are open, and words are coming out, but what is it that they are really saying?".

So, in short I could go on and on with all these reports where Pete said one thing and meant the other. Or where Pete just lied. It is ok. He is a hall of fame coach and I am glad he is the seahawks coach.

So next yr if Pete drafts a QB, i will be right and you and others trying to talk down to me will be simply wrong. I already admitted if they do not draft a QB next yr, I will be wrong. Its a message board.

So people liking your reply when i easily pulled multiple articles about his lying or coach speak is silly. I never said they would be a 4 and 13 team and Pete should be fired even now at 5 and 3 and I doubled down.

Last edited:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Ok tough guy. People like you are weird as all get out. Its a message board. People have opinions and can be wrong.
I also have been right plenty on this board when 90% of the people were wrong. I never called them out unless they did what you did. Remember Shaq? Or Pocic? Yea 2 main guys i was right on. If Pete does not draft a qb i was wrong. However, You have been wrong plenty. So should i tell you that you are full of crap?

Nah ill just assume your being a weirdo and move on. 😂😂

Pocic? Didn't you think he was bad?

He's playing like a top-10 center with Cleveland currently, though... he's allowed a single sack all year and your preferred metric, PFF, has him as the second best center in the entire NFL this year?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
If we're engaging in pissing contests over take records, we've got to make sure the record is straight here...

Rainger

Reaction score
This what I have been saying and getting crucified for. This not a rebuild just cause you got rid of a QB that was holding the whole team back.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Pocic? Didn't you think he was bad?

He's playing like a top-10 center with Cleveland currently, though... he's allowed a single sack all year and your preferred metric, PFF, has him as the second best center in the entire NFL this year?
I was asked to stop. I also posted when i was wrong in another thread. So im wrong here too. So i will not reply to ppl who wanna argue.

@Aros Mal is trying to cause tension. 🤣

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
He knows what he is doing. Will it work this time like last Championship run? Maybe. Maybe not. Pete is throwing the youth to the wolves. Just like he did with Earl and the LOB. Pete can sell wolf tickets and really wants to compete but his plan is for next yr.

This season is all about the young defensive players, the tackles and such to get real reps in. Pete is not big on Geno or Drew and will take a QB next year. I would put money down that he takes a QB next season and hopes for a repeat of 2012.

Will this work? I have no idea. This is his plan and i am sure of it. Will it bring a lot of posts about fire Pete and such? Without a doubt.

So his plan was for next year to really "compete". Thoughts?
Pete is very big on Geno. Another Geno hate comment that did not age well at all. Even if Seattle grabs a QB in the next draft, that's not an indictment of Geno at all.

Pete competes every year. Not so sure why you're so hung up on next year. Pete will do what he does every year then as well.

So yeah, this thread didn't age well.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Pete is very big on Geno. Another Geno hate comment that did not age well at all. Even if Seattle grabs a QB in the next draft, that's not an indictment of Geno at all.

Pete competes every year. Not so sure why you're so hung up on next year. Pete will do what he does every year then as well.

So yeah, this thread didn't age well.
Who hates Geno? Where do I state that? Do I hate Lock too? No, i gave my 2c on what i think Pete will do. If they do not draft a QB, I was wrong. And drafting a QB does make me right. Sorry, it does. Just like if they do not I was wrong.

Sorry, Pete does do Coach Speak. I proved it last night with many quotes and articles of him doing just that. So, no you or others or even I do not know Pete's real intentions. Also, being hung up on next yr? I made a guess he believes his championship window is next year. If they go far in the playoffs, I was wrong. If they dont? I was right. See how that works?

Also, Geno hate is what many well known posters said about him last yr but I respected Aros enough that i stopped reupping old threads.

Giving my 2c on what I think the FO will do is not hate. Hating is when emotion is involved and you state "Geno is trash and should never be a starter in this league " Or "Geno has not done anything for the hawks this yr". That is hating.

I think people do not know what the definition is of a word and throw it around loosely to fit the narrative they want.

Lastly, we are halfway through the year. I love these threads that get bumped. So to make it fair, mods should allow threads to be bumped both ways.

I gave my opinion. I would actually love to be wrong about drafting a QB. This would mean Geno is awesome still and the hawks can draft elsewhere.

My ego does not lie on being right or wrong.