Pete Carroll needs to go

rogerwilliambruce

Reaction score
Many of the comments are spot on, Pete has not built a team identity and frankly since betraying the team by not giving the ball to Marshaun Lynch on the 1 yard line no one trusts his red zone judgement. That is the crux of the problem, he fired several players trying to move past it but the odor still prevails. He is always changing play calls for the oc and dc. That is not how you build confidence.

He maybe very talented but he is not a team builder. Look at what Tom Brady and Ariens did in one year with the Bucs. Now tell me how great Pete Carroll is, or is not.

The best we could do is to fire Pete Carroll and start rebuilding, instead of accepting peteball.

Roger Bruce

TAB420

Reaction score
rogerwb01":1d3bv2ra said:
Many of the comments are spot on, Pete has not built a team identity and frankly since betraying the team by not giving the ball to Marshaun Lynch on the 1 yard line no one trusts his red zone judgement. That is the crux of the problem, he fired several players trying to move past it but the odor still prevails. He is always changing play calls for the oc and dc. That is not how you build confidence.

He maybe very talented but he is not a team builder. Look at what Tom Brady and Ariens did in one year with the Bucs. Now tell me how great Pete Carroll is, or is not.

The best we could do is to fire Pete Carroll and start rebuilding, instead of accepting peteball.

Roger Bruce
It amazes me that people still act like giving the ball to ML would result in a automatic score. If it did, we wouldn't have had to rely on a FG and Sherman's tip to send us to SB48.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
rogerwb01":2kzszitk said:

Roger Bruce

Define "Peteball," please.

Elemas

Reaction score
Beastmode though? On the 1 though? In the SuperBowl though? Yah.....sorry. He’s getting that 3 feet.

TAB420

Reaction score
Elemas":27etpvbq said:
Beastmode though? On the 1 though? In the SuperBowl though? Yah.....sorry. He’s getting that 3 feet.
That's your opinion. But, he did get stuffed in the championship game just one year prior. I also seem to remember a couple third and ones in that SB, where had he picked those up, there wouldn't had been a need for a last minute score.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
It'd be a lot easier on everyone if we'd all acknowledge the end of SB49 for what it was - a perfect storm of everything going wrong at the same time on the final Seahawks offensive play. Browner outleverages Kearse just enough. Butler closes with amazing speed. He arrives to the spot near simultaneously with Lockette, who is blown off the ball so hard that it seems to defy physics.

So many things went wrong at the same time. The play was fine, hell, if you pause it 4 frames before the ball arriving it looks like a touchdown all the way. Not perfect, but they got the look they needed to get.

Just face it. They got outexecuted, plain and simple. No pitchforks, no mob, no scapegoat. It all went wrong.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Certainly wasn't a guarantee he was going to score. Just because people think it was, doesn't make it so.
But, very few acknowledge that the defense gave up a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter. Because, apparently the defense is w/out fault, ever.

Jville

Reaction score
rogerwb01":j5dug3d6 said:

Roger Bruce

I nominate this post for bump of the week :2thumbs:

There are countless posts that have hijacked and ruined the discussion of so many other topics. Good to see this post in the appropriate thread. I think it proof that it is possible to avoid hijacking and destroying other discussions by posting to the correct topic.

Carry on with the "Pete Carroll needs to go" onslaught :biggthumpup: this is the place to post.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Elemas":1e7mfs57 said:
From a 2015 article: " Among 39 running backs with at least 10 carries from the 1-yard line in the past five seasons (including playoffs), Lynch’s touchdown percentage (45 percent) ranks 30th. Also consider that this season, Lynch scored a touchdown on 1-of-5 rushes from the 1-yard line." Now that said I'd have still given it to him twice if necessary. Reading the article though reminded me of the poor design of the play call even though we had been successful with it previously. Our personnel was out-sized by the patriots defense for a pick play and Browner had experience with the play in a large number of practices. He immediately jam grabbed the receiver and never allowed the receiver to leave the line much less set the pick. With everyone expecting Lynch to get it a play action would have been devastating. Butler just destroyed Lockette who was also a step slow. Somehow Belichick knew we would run this. The Patriots were filmed practicing against this very play!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeNYQaS ... hannel=NFL

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Reading this old post was fun. Even I was more lenient just two years ago, but you can see and feel the fan base changing and seeing the light now. The 5 year extension was ridiculous and pushed me over the edge.

toffee

Reaction score
"Fire Pete" is the battle cry of dot net. If you haven't petitioned to had Pete fired, you don't belong on dot net?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

JustTheTip

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":201fp3wk said:
Reading this old post was fun. Even I was more lenient just two years ago, but you can see and feel the fan base changing and seeing the light now. The 5 year extension was ridiculous and pushed me over the edge.

Some comments haven't stood the test of time:

jhball":201fp3wk said:
How many Lombardis does Andy Reid have?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maulbert

Reaction score
JustTheTip":7cxy7n30 said:
pittpnthrs":7cxy7n30 said:

jhball":7cxy7n30 said:

Same number as Pete.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Hopefully this thread can just tick along with no other new threads being added.

The same ol stuff is becoming tiresome, however, on thread rather than every other thread is easier to ignore.

Pete ain't going nowhere was just re-upped for 5 years and the team will still remain competitive.

Find another person to grumble about.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
jammerhawk":23bbrs9s said:
Pete ain't going nowhere was just re-upped for 5 years and the team will still remain competitive.

Until the playoffs start

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
JustTheTip":3663y2bh said:
pittpnthrs":3663y2bh said:

jhball":3663y2bh said:

...1? 1 which the year after saw his team get demolished in the Super Bowl?

Stands the test of time pretty well methinks

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2zqe3z93 said:
JustTheTip":2zqe3z93 said:
pittpnthrs":2zqe3z93 said:

jhball":2zqe3z93 said:

As Maulbert posted, the same number as Pete. And his was won much more recently.

Maulbert

Reaction score
JustTheTip":3lulvnef said:
Maelstrom787":3lulvnef said:
JustTheTip":3lulvnef said:
pittpnthrs":3lulvnef said:

jhball":3lulvnef said:

As Maulbert posted, the same number as Pete. And his was won much more recently.

Doug Pederson has a more recent title, too. You wanna say that makes him a better coach?

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Maulbert":eaq5trdr said:
JustTheTip":eaq5trdr said:
Maelstrom787":eaq5trdr said:
JustTheTip":eaq5trdr said:

Doug Pederson has a more recent title, too. You wanna say that makes him a better coach?

I am not saying either of them is, though I believe both are more adaptable. That and Andy has a better idea of how to use a franchise QB.

Maulbert

Reaction score
JustTheTip":bmssenz8 said:
Maulbert":bmssenz8 said:
JustTheTip":bmssenz8 said:
Maelstrom787":bmssenz8 said:

I am not saying either of them is, though I believe both are more adaptable. That and Andy has a better idea of how to use a franchise QB.

Tell that to Donovan McNabb.