Pete Carroll needs to go

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Largent80":3oi0yqix said:
So fire everyone in your other thread and you forgot the coach too and so created a separate thread for that?

Making the playoff 8 out of 10 years does suck though.

It is just beyond belief to hear the screaming mimis wail about firing Pete after every loss. The fact that we were literally the #1 seed two days ago is now ancient history, LOL.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
Quite amazing that people think that we can simply throw away great coaches so easily and be better off. We have been lucky for several years, realizing a level of success we have only dreamed of in the past. I understand you want to have a higher standard and expect this to continue but as all things, they don't last. Change will come for our leadership at some point and it will be sad that no other coach has been able to reproduce what Pete has brought here, including our coaches inside the Seahawks. We will look back on these bad days as a blip on an otherwise successful run.

As for those stating that we are wasting resources, we were at 55.7% of the cap spent on the offense this year. This is only the 2nd year out of the last 6 that offense has had more spending. We all know they needed to shore up the offensive line and signing Brown and others was the way to do it. Unfortunately, injuries take their toll, and the best ability to have in sports is availability. All the spending in the world won't save a team from injuries that occur.

Maybe we can catch lightning in a bottle and somehow manage to overcome. I surely hope so. I would much rather trade some of these negative fans for another OT or RB though.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":16bgadcy said:
TwilightError":16bgadcy said:
warden":16bgadcy said:
Eight straight winning seasons,

Seven of the last eight seasons in the playoffs

Seven of the last eight seasons with double digit wins

It is an extremely ridiculous notion to say Pete Carroll needs to go

Yep. Also Pete Carroll did not cause all the injuries that have piled up to ruin the season.
I don’t think anyone here has claimed that.
Pretty weak straw man argument there.

His point (which you know) is that injuries, not coaching incompetence, are the root of yesterdays problems.

Pete has flaws. They may be becoming more numerous as the years go by.

But he also is the best coach we have ever had.

The correct stance (as I have seen from Fade and others here today) is that Pete is great, has been great, but may need to consider altering his role moving forward if these in game gaffes keep showing up.

11-4 with this roster deserves credit. In the hunt for a first round bye going into week 17 in this stacked NFC deserves credit. Those doing nothing but bashing Pete are off base. Anyone saying he can do no wrong are also off base.

He doesnt need to go. Yet. But re-evaluating things is just fine imo.

chris98251

Reaction score
League has adapted in a lot of ways to what we do, offense and defense, we other then when Quinn was here have played bend don't break a lot, maybe we need more aggressive approach. Offense the same thing, our offense can move the ball when the restrictions are off, take them off all the time.

Tamerlane

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":3vfwj9w8 said:
Losing the way Seattle lost today should piss you off!

Too many blind posters that fail to see the reality of how bad it is even with the record as is..

Or perhaps you are blinded to success by your out of control emotions and personal agenda?

Different fourth down decisions would not have turned this game. Good teams lose to "worse" teams for reasons other than the head coach. Shanahan's 49ers and Payton's Saints, both in far better health, lost to the Falcons. McVay lost the playoffs altogether.

Who EXACTLY are these great new coaching prospects -- who never lose to "inferior" teams -- that are going to replace the #2 most successful coach of the decade? A coach who took middling NFL teams to playoff victories even without Russell Wilson, who got to two superbowls and at least one playoff victory most years with Wilson, and who by the way also utterly dominated college football with umpteen different quarterbacks. Don't live in the past? Try not living in an imaginary future.

Posts about devoting excess resources to the defense are far more outdated than Pete Carroll will ever be. They show just how seriously this agenda takes on the facts. The Seahawks have the #21 salary cap allocation to defense.

Pete is going nowhere no matter how much people with self-regulation issues can't handle a loss by a team ravaged with injuries.

xray

Reaction score
Carroll runs everything...very similar to Bill Bellichick...He answers mostly to himself . He needs to give himself a promotion to GM with Schneider as vice GM...and promote a new HC or go outside to get one...anything to get him off the sidelines on game day . I think there are more than a few in here that would be OK with that scenario . IMO

Fade

Reaction score
olyfan63":dnue730e said:
Right now, the ONLY active coaches that are on the same level with Pete in terms of overall, consistent, long-term NFL success would be Evil Hoodie, John Harbaugh, and you could make a decent case for Mike Tomlin. The next tier down would include guys like Mike Zimmer and Andy Reid, and possibly a couple others.

Pete's success comes despite some major front office flubs (to use kinder words) like Percy Harvin, Jimmy Graham, Malik McDowell, and generally underwhelming success with first round picks the last few years. Pete has some major areas of strength and success where he is a pioneer and the class of the league. Those areas of strength have carried him past his weaknesses and overcome organizational screwups. He is in fact due for another modernization, for his last few years of NFL coaching. If anyone can do it, based on track record of successful self-reinventions, it would be Pete.

McVay, coached circles around him.

Shanny is widely regarded as the best playcaller in the NFL. And I agree.

Cliff Kingsbury?!???! Who had a losing record in the Big-12. Yeah, that guy. Coached circles around him.

He isn't even the best coach in his own division, and you want to put him in the S-tier??? :D

His body of work is pretty great, but that doesn't really matter going forward.

The Seahawks are and have been a sloppy team for a long time, and I can't tell you the last time they played a complete game.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/mattyfbrown/status/1208908315448762368[/tweet]

He is 70! He isn't going to get better doing it how he is doing it now. He needs help, and must delegate more.

Regular season record is more a QB thing. Then you get to the playoffs, and everyone mostly has a good QB. So It then comes down to defense, running game, and coaching.

Pete Carroll's regular season record does not impress me. Mike McCarthy won regular season ball games and 1 Superbowl with Aaron Rodgers, you must be mighty impressed by him. S-Tier for sure.

Pete is in charge of those front office flubs btw. And he will be drafting another RB in the 1st round. :shock:

justafan

Reaction score
Imo if Pete coached any one of the other 3 teams he would be in the same place. Competing for the west title. We may have the weakest roster of the 4.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Ive been beating the lack of talent drum for a while. It unpopular with some because they love Schneider but this is the keast 5alemted roster we have had since 2010.

If Carroll was coaching Dallas they have homefiekd throughout locked up 2 weeks ago.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
NOTE: This post has been deleted 5/22/20, ------- this comes after multiple unprovoked attacks on me by the asshole acer1240. I will never post here again. This site has officially gone to hell & I'll never return.

getnasty

Reaction score
Fade":20h9x3p5 said:
olyfan63":20h9x3p5 said:
Right now, the ONLY active coaches that are on the same level with Pete in terms of overall, consistent, long-term NFL success would be Evil Hoodie, John Harbaugh, and you could make a decent case for Mike Tomlin. The next tier down would include guys like Mike Zimmer and Andy Reid, and possibly a couple others.

Pete's success comes despite some major front office flubs (to use kinder words) like Percy Harvin, Jimmy Graham, Malik McDowell, and generally underwhelming success with first round picks the last few years. Pete has some major areas of strength and success where he is a pioneer and the class of the league. Those areas of strength have carried him past his weaknesses and overcome organizational screwups. He is in fact due for another modernization, for his last few years of NFL coaching. If anyone can do it, based on track record of successful self-reinventions, it would be Pete.

McVay, coached circles around him.

Shanny is widely regarded as the best playcaller in the NFL. And I agree.

Cliff Kingsbury?!???! Who had a losing record in the Big-12. Yeah, that guy. Coached circles around him.

He isn't even the best coach in his own division, and you want to put him in the S-tier??? :D

His body of work is pretty great, but that doesn't really matter going forward.

The Seahawks are and have been a sloppy team for a long time, and I can't tell you the last time they played a complete game.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/mattyfbrown/status/1208908315448762368[/tweet]

He is 70! He isn't going to get better doing it how he is doing it now. He needs help, and must delegate more.

Regular season record is more a QB thing. Then you get to the playoffs, and everyone mostly has a good QB. So It then comes down to defense, running game, and coaching.

Pete Carroll's regular season record does not impress me. Mike McCarthy won regular season ball games and 1 Superbowl with Aaron Rodgers, you must be mighty impressed by him. S-Tier for sure.

Pete is in charge of those front office flubs btw. And he will be drafting another RB in the 1st round. :shock:

Fade

At minimum he's going to be 3 and 3 agaisnt those coaches that you just talked about and outside of Arizona we have the least talented roster and for sure the most the most injuried riddle. If that's truly the case then coaching circles around him is a tad bit overstated at best.

The Arizona game was a horrible performance no doubt but look no further then Atl beating the Saints and Niners, it happens. At least with Pete those type of games are few and far in between.

RCATES

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":11nzt7t0 said:
Can we draft a new head coach?

Can we go after Urban Meyer???

I’d like to see him as coach.

Then you will blame Meyer's for Wilson's shortcoming's. People need to wake up and realize its Russ. He needs a lot of help to be successful. Without success in the running game Wilson's not scaring anyone. Maybe he will prove me wrong and carry this team to a victory over SF and go deep in the playoffs with a sub par rushing attack. That's what Elite Qb's do.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
I would be fine with cleaning house starting with Pete if they had a plan to replace him and John. There are other coaches and GM's out there.

Regardless it's time the Seahawks start seriously planning for a new head coach and GM. I give Pete and John one more year after this one and if were still losing in the first round of the playoffs or miss them altogether i'd replace them both.

Subzero717

Reaction score
If you look at this roster top to bottomtheres no way we should be going to the playoffs. GB, Pitt, Bal, NO all had down years. We arecrebuilding on the fly and lucky enough to still get into the dance.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
RCATES":2qtzy19a said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2qtzy19a said:

Then you will blame Meyer's for Wilson's shortcoming's. People need to wake up and realize its Russ. He needs a lot of help to be successful. Without success in the running game Wilson's not scaring anyone. Maybe he will prove me wrong and carry this team to a victory over SF and go deep in the playoffs with a sub par rushing attack. That's what Elite Qb's do.
Genius post. Have you considered a job as an analyst on NFL games. Takes like that should get you hired quickly. :sarcasm_off:

John63 must not have seen this post yet.
Probably too busy posting for 342nd time that the signing of Marshawn proves Pete's stubbornness adhering to the run game will keep Russ from being a hero Sunday cuz winning for him is secondary to Russ piling up the stats so he post about how great Russ is.

chris98251

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":2d1t51tl said:
I would be fine with cleaning house starting with Pete if they had a plan to replace him and John. There are other coaches and GM's out there.

Regardless it's time the Seahawks start seriously planning for a new head coach and GM. I give Pete and John one more year after this one and if were still losing in the first round of the playoffs or miss them altogether i'd replace them both.

Name me other Coaches and GM's out there that have the second most wins in the last ten years, have went to two Super Bowls.

I want to see this list and will be waiting.

xray

Reaction score
Carroll had a top tier D for several season and Wilson . The top tier D is long gone and Carroll has been riding Wilson's coat tails for years. This season the Hawks would be 7-9 without Wilson.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
"This season the (insert team) would be (insert record) without the (choose good/bad) play of their QB (insert QBs name)"

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
RCATES":2n78c574 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2n78c574 said:

He did exactly that in 2016 - injured. Almost did it in 2017 but got Blair Walsh'ed.

Of course, you've heard this before from everyone on this board. I'm assuming you just don't care.