Pete Carroll, realizing he just beat Russell Wilson with Geno Smith:

seatownlowdown

Reaction score

Old man pete

bahahaHAHAHahaha

Cracking Up Lol GIF

oh so good. fun week on these forums. to the victor, go the spoils! :love: cheers!

...and point being, let's not let naysayers and russ apologists think that this was just a game. for pete and seahawks culture, this win was vindication. a nice writeup over at fieldgulls by jacson bevens illustrates this. link here

toffee

Reaction score
You know what intrigues me? Some 12s on dot net suddenly went quiet after we won a BIG one. I can understand some didn't want to talk after an ugly defeat, but quiet after a win? How can you be a fan if you don't celebrate you team winning?

I also notice a lot of 12s here happily or willingly ate crow after our big win. Now, that's what true fans do. Salute.

Last edited:
OP
OP
seatownlowdown

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
You know what intrigues me? All the 12s suddenly went quiet after we won a BIG one. I can understand some didn't want to talk after an ugly defeat, but quiet after a win? How can you be a fan if you don't celebrate you team winning?

I also notice a lot of 12s here happily or willingly ate crow after our big win. Now, that's what true fans do. Salute.
a lot of those "fans" came out of the woodwork after the superbowl win. winning does that. ticket prices had skyrocketed, pricing many younger fans and families out of the games. seahawk games became the "hot" ticket, like something for casuals to show off to their friends. the casuals, fairweathers and even non-fans bought those tickets right up, and it changed the atmosphere of the game. lots of these guys that bought the tickets not only didn't know the rules of football, but didn't know the obvious unwritten rules of our home games: ie, be loud as f*ck when our D is on the field. those guys would just sit quietly in their seats all game long, looking at rowdy fans like they were crazy.

back they go...
Fake fans

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
In an interview published by Yahoo, Pete talks about how much the win meant to the former players attending the game: Sherman, Avril, Lynch, KJ. and Baldwin.

"We have a real connection to the history....They feel it and they love the fact that they played here and they love seeing us do well. On this night, they realized there was a big opportunity and a big statement to be made. The game isn’t about an individual player here or there. It’s about team. This is the ultimate team sport and it’s been stated so many times before. It takes everybody."

I think the quote from our former QB saying that he wanted to go to a city where he didn't have to carry the team was noted.

JPatera76

Reaction score
In an interview published by Yahoo, Pete talks about how much the win meant to the former players attending the game: Sherman, Avril, Lynch, KJ. and Baldwin.

"We have a real connection to the history....They feel it and they love the fact that they played here and they love seeing us do well. On this night, they realized there was a big opportunity and a big statement to be made. The game isn’t about an individual player here or there. It’s about team. This is the ultimate team sport and it’s been stated so many times before. It takes everybody."

I think the quote from our former QB saying that he wanted to go to a city where he didn't have to carry the team was noted.

The bold.. i think nails it and why Russ is in denver imo. No brand, no "why not me" movement, its about TEAMWORK. and Pete wants people who will not just buy into the culture or mantra, but into the TEAM.

JPatera76

Reaction score
man .net has some serious f'n eeyores. I thought this place would be bearable after a WIN, but nah bunch a little bitches got to try and piss in everyone's cheerios. Go back to the shithole cesspool political subforums.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
man .net has some serious f'n eeyores. I thought this place would be bearable after a WIN, but nah bunch a little bitches got to try and piss in everyone's cheerios. Go back to the shithole cesspool political subforums.

They can't stand seeing the Seahawks (or Pete Carroll) win. They enjoy losing more because then they can be "right".

Fade

Reaction score
Hackett the coach you were raving about clearly got outcoached in that game.
He did, badly. He's a rookie HC in his 1st game. New Coach, New QB, New DC, starters didn't play in the pre-season.

I also predicted Seattle could steal this game for those reasons in one those threads going over the schedule.

It's a long season.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
He did, badly. He's a rookie HC in his 1st game. New Coach, New QB, New DC, starters didn't play in the pre-season.

I also predicted Seattle could steal this game for those reasons in one those threads going over the schedule.

It's a long season.

You hedged your bet, don't kid yourself.

Fade

Reaction score
More annoying is the posters crying about posters not sharing the same opinion is them.

The Seahawks are once again huge underdogs this week. Which isn't an accident, they are not a good team.