James in PA

Reaction score
McGough won the backup job?

I know, I’m reaching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2ap9slih said:
Would you trade Frank Clark and Earl for Mack?

I would say no. Effective pass rush requires multiple players. Trading one of your top young pass rushers for an elite pass rusher kind of diminishes the value of the move overall. I think we would want them rushing together.

Mack wants serious money. I mean it could fit for sure, but a single defensive player isn’t worth QB money. If he only got 10 sacks like last year it would be an incredible dissapointment. It’d be a huge risk move, picks and massive money/cap impact. We made moves like this for Harvin and Graham. . . Neither were good investments.

James in PA

Reaction score
Byron MAXwell is a full participant this week??

Ok, *really* reaching now.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":25e98llx said:
Would the word “Return” mean this Mack fella has been here before????
So I’d rule out Oakland’s Mack coming here.

He’s currently holding out... so a return could just mean he’s coming back to football...

For the Seahawks.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2q7bo4nh said:

Trading one guy yet to hit his prime along with a guy towards the tail end of his prime for a guy smack dab in the middle of his.

Damn, that's a tough one and I LOVE me some Frank Clark. As much as I hate to say it, I'd do it.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Earl isn’t playing for us again.

That trade would really be Frank for Mack.... so yes I would do that.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
PateratoWilson":3bh5wwty said:
SpokaneHawks":3bh5wwty said:
Hawkstorian":3bh5wwty said:
Yes
My immediate response is to say yes... but I’d have a hard time parting with Frank. Dude is gonna prove worthy... I think Oakland may want to unload as well... intriguing at minimum.

Yeah, even if we extend Mack and that means we possibly can’t re-sign Clark next year. I’d rather keep Clark for this season because he’s prined to put in a monster year health withstanding.

The team could get creative:

Package Thomas (they have a huge need for a big galvanizing presence in thier secondary),
plus Ifedi (Cable could use a RT/RG combo depth player or someone to possibly compete with either RT Miller or RG Jackson if need arises),
plus Thorpe (CB depth is an issue for them I think, so a competing body helps, I personally don’t have Thorpe on the final roster),
plus one of Jackson or Jefferson (to replace losing a pass-rusher/DE),
for Mack.

If that’s not enough then trade next seasons 1st Rounder for thier 2nd Rounder. I would be down for that cost.

Although, Carroll could just be trolling and we Trade Thomas for Bruce Irvin instead and the “Return of the Mack” is double for Mack re-signing with Oakland and Irvin returning to the Seahawks.

toffee

Reaction score
Earl + our 2019 4th for Mack.

Earl + Clark for Mack + Raider 2019 2nd

titan3131

Reaction score
toffee":2am2rn8b said:
Earl + our 2019 4th for Mack.

Earl + Clark for Mack + Raider 2019 2nd

This!!!! We need a 2nd this year to tapp this strong pass rushing class

Plus frank is from Cali so he might like being home

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Depends on whether you think this trade would be Sheldon Richardson all over again, or Duane Brown all over again.

Sheldon wasn't as bad a trade as people make it out to be, and we didn't end up giving him a huge contract.

The Brown trade cost us severely in draft capital. We've still come out very nicely with this rookie class seemingly, but that's good results, not good process. And Brown got injured, severely hampering the latter part of the season, and continues to be an injury risk at his age while now commanding a lot of money that could have gone to a younger and equally valuable player (Earl).

I dunno.

toffee

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3rswjoy7 said:
Depends on whether you think this trade would be Sheldon Richardson all over again, or Duane Brown all over again.

Sheldon wasn't as bad a trade as people make it out to be, and we didn't end up giving him a huge contract.

The Brown trade cost us severely in draft capital. We've still come out very nicely with this rookie class seemingly, but that's good results, not good process. And Brown got injured, severely hampering the latter part of the season, and continues to be an injury risk at his age while now commanding a lot of money that could have gone to a younger and equally valuable player (Earl).

I dunno.

IMHO, Mack > Sheldon? Both impact and age wise. That said, DL needs to work as a unit, just one individual can only do so much. Mack does demand double teaming so that potentially open up opportunities for others.

If Ford develops, a dominating nose tackle and a dominating end could mean bad news for opposition OLs.

SE174

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":26qy1vtl said:

Yes he is; he needs to return by week 10, otherwise this season doesn't count towards free agency, and he'd be on the hook with Seattle for another year. He'll play at minimum 6 games.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Overthinking, most likely. Raiders have reached deal with Mack and he will be traveling with the Raiders to the game in Seattle, if not playing.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
SE174":2f1obg6w said:
ImTheScientist":2f1obg6w said:

Yes he is; he needs to return by week 10, otherwise this season doesn't count towards free agency, and he'd be on the hook with Seattle for another year. He'll play at minimum 6 games.

I was just thinking how much better a holdout is for the team than an injury because you don’t have to lose cap space for the games he misses with a holdout.

Schadie001

Reaction score
Pete has a history of using songs on twitter to give the 12s easter eggs concerning players they are looking at. He does it ever year during the draft. I get this could mean nothing, but why would he post this at all then. Seems like an out of left field thing to post. Hope it's true.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Frank Clark had 9 sacks last year, Mack had 10.5. Frank Clark is 25, Mack is 27. Mack is looking for a massive contract. I wouldn't trade Clark for Mack straight up.

Who's the genius who thought up Clark+Earl for Mack? I would trade Earl for Mack because he's younger, and you can't have too many pass rushers, but adding Clark to the mix is foolish.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
Khalil Mack is in a league of his own. It’s not just about the sack numbers but his IQ, the way he plays the run. He is a walking hall of faker and a ferocious leader. Him with Bobby would make for a insane tandem in our front 7.

Latest posts