Pete: G.Tate '14 Offer "didn’t get communicated very well"

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Giblien":k1ynhomf said:
We will likely never know the whole story, but something still smells fishy about that situation. I'm sorry, but if I'm an agent or a manager, I make sure tate gets that offer. We're either being lied to or someone should have been fired.

I believe it can happen. After the Elvis Dumervil debacle where his agent sent the paperwork in six minutes late, it's easy to see that even allegedly competent agents can't/won't do basic things.

Polk738

Reaction score
I'd say this is all bullshit, it's pretty obvious Tate wanted out of Seattle after the whole Percy situation, I mean would you want to stay somewhere where a guy punched YOU in the face? I wouldn't have been surprised if Doug wanted to leave too, but Tate was the FA and didn't want to share a locker room with the $60 million diva.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Bobblehead":nctibd7j said:
Maybe the Hawks felt they were obligated to give a good offer, but under the circumstances, was indifferent about it and did it in a manner that, yes,they offered, but you really had to look for it...

Or

The agent, wanted Tate out of Seattle and into a market that the agent thought would be better for him as a WR, and just let the offer slide, knowing they had a comparable offer in a pass happy offense, else where. Too, benefits the agent in the long run.

An agent's job is to do what is in best alignment with the client's wishes. If the agent made that decision without Tate in on it, it's a sign he's a terrible, terrible agent. It's his job to let Tate know, whether he knows Tate would turn it down or not. If he doesn't, why would Tate want him as his agent?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1dcui67x said:
Bobblehead":1dcui67x said:
Maybe the Hawks felt they were obligated to give a good offer, but under the circumstances, was indifferent about it and did it in a manner that, yes,they offered, but you really had to look for it...

Or

The agent, wanted Tate out of Seattle and into a market that the agent thought would be better for him as a WR, and just let the offer slide, knowing they had a comparable offer in a pass happy offense, else where. Too, benefits the agent in the long run.

An agent's job is to do what is in best alignment with the client's wishes. If the agent made that decision without Tate in on it, it's a sign he's a terrible, terrible agent. It's his job to let Tate know, whether he knows Tate would turn it down or not. If he doesn't, why would Tate want him as his agent?

Well we are not privy to the intimate details of what goes on between one agent and his client, or how it came about. You are correct, but I"m sure there's been many a times agents have taken advantage of clients, especially clients who would rather not deal with the contractual aspect of their careers. Not saying Tate was gullible or anything but, it could have happened. I don't know, I was just pointing out a couple of scenarios.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Bobblehead":31sqfl47 said:
Seahawk Sailor":31sqfl47 said:
Bobblehead":31sqfl47 said:

Or

Well we are not privy to the intimate details of what goes on between one agent and his client, or how it came about. You are correct, but I"m sure there's been many a times agents have taken advantage of clients, especially clients who would rather not deal with the contractual aspect of their careers. Not saying Tate was gullible or anything but, it could have happened. I don't know, I was just pointing out a couple of scenarios.

That's exactly my point.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
"I could care less about it."

...Damnit Pete. :229031_banghead:

Clark the shark

Reaction score
I have so many ill feelings towards that sociopath. I don't understand how somebody can do the things he did to his best friend and think someone wont take his head off. His arrogance is insane. Russ is respected and I wouldn't doubt Kam going out of his way to break his neck. Nobody likes Harvin but the one and only thing that I respect about him is that he punched out that piece of garbage.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":301t28rb said:
Ill take Tyler Lockett over Tate all day long
Why? Golden Tate has had several 1000 yard seasons, and he was a redzone threat in our offense. He could turn short slants into huge yardage, and he was great at high pointing the ball. I would take Golden Tate every day of the freaking week and it isn't even close. Lockett isn't even stay healthy in the NFL in limited snaps.

Cartire

Reaction score
Clark the shark":2eu4zx1c said:
I have so many ill feelings towards that sociopath. I don't understand how somebody can do the things he did to his best friend and think someone wont take his head off. His arrogance is insane. Russ is respected and I wouldn't doubt Kam going out of his way to break his neck. Nobody likes Harvin but the one and only thing that I respect about him is that he punched out that piece of garbage.

You've already made a name for yourself here with only 15 posts.

I'm guessing another team's fan, but it's only a guess.

rigelian

Reaction score
chris98251":3e5bvepj said:
LeftHandSmoke":3e5bvepj said:
Bobblehead":3e5bvepj said:
My guess too, he let it slide.

Most Agents a re Lawyers, you always trust a Lawyer right...................
On something like this? Yes. Trust the lawyer. The failure to deliver an offer to a client is a violation of the rules of ethics than can get you sanctioned by the bar and died by the client.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

pmedic920

Reaction score
Pete said "not communicated well".

IMO there's a difference between that and miscommunication.

We might be reading something into the equation that's not there.

bighawk

Reaction score
I am glad he is gone I thought baldwin was better. :0190l: