Pete is delusional

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":12rx53jy said:
Pete is old.

He is stubborn and generally does not change.

This year was weird because he seemed to be able to change. We were scoring 30 points a game. He was getting rid of that stupid moonshot or nothing offense..

Huh?

Nothing changed from Pete or our schemes. We went 10-6 by how we've always won ....... punishing ball control offense opening up play action for Russell to do what he does best, throw the ball down field, explosive plays and entend.

Yesterday was no different. We lost because the Cowboys executed the same game plan better, were healthier and made less mistakes.

That's how we won past tense, present tense and will be how we win in the future.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Uncle Si":7df694sj said:
misfit":7df694sj said:
coorslighthawk":7df694sj said:
You guys are killing me. So before this game everyone is pissed Pete is not considered coach of the year. Now he is old and philosophy which outperformed expectations for this season doesn't work anymore? I would argue that Pete proved his point again...
Ezekiel Elliott 26 137 1 5.3
Chris Carson 13 20 0 1.5
The problem is Dallas executed Petes philosophy perfectly due to being at home, more physical, and not quite as young. They ran it down our throats and we couldn't stop it.
Dallas is good against the run, we are not.

Why is this so hard to understand. We are just asking for a coaching staff that makes adjustments on the fly when needed. Pete used to be a GOAT at halftime adjustments. They should of went away from the run game at the half.

Pete had some great 2nd half adjustments this year too. Its frustrating that the balancecwasnt there at times.

But PC made changes. Now people emboldened by the loss are back on here hurling insults at him.

Si, Exactly.

The Failhawks are back, the failhawks are back. I think it is a seasonal thing like Geese.??? :shock:

John63

Reaction score
coorslighthawk":2lwgxk34 said:
You guys are killing me. So before this game everyone is pissed Pete is not considered coach of the year. Now he is old and philosophy which outperformed expectations for this season doesn't work anymore? I would argue that Pete proved his point again...
Chris Carson 13 20 0 1.5
The problem is Dallas executed Petes philosophy perfectly due to being at home, more physical, and not quite as young. They ran it down our throats and we couldn't stop it.

Actually did not, let me help you

our first 3 possessions run, run pass on 3rd and long punt

Their first possession run, pass, run, pass, pass, run. Until the end, they almost never went run, run pass. FYI there run game was working ours was not, and he waited too long.

Mick063

Reaction score
Nope. Road game was close. Two 4th quarter pass interference penalties resulted in insurmountable lead. Injured kicker changed the second half game plan and gave onside kick zero chance for success. Prescott gained a first and goal on a 3rd and 14 run. Closely matched teams and it came down to a couple of plays.

Sweezy and Fluker are employed to be road graders, not pass blockers. They are seriously exposed in the pass game. They didn't get the job done in the run game. They get away with marginable pass blocking precisely because the Seahawks are a run first team. Passing with more frequency plays to their weakness.

Pete's formula and team identity got this youthful, overachieving team as far as it could go. The defense needs to tighten it up on penalties and on first/second down to create more manageable third downs.

New coordinators. Youth movement. Team is on it's way.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
John63":91w7kgqc said:
Uncle Si":91w7kgqc said:
misfit":91w7kgqc said:
coorslighthawk":91w7kgqc said:
Chris Carson 13 20 0 1.5

Why is this so hard to understand. We are just asking for a coaching staff that makes adjustments on the fly when needed. Pete used to be a GOAT at halftime adjustments. They should of went away from the run game at the half.

Pete had some great 2nd half adjustments this year too. Its frustrating that the balancecwasnt there at times.

But PC made changes. Now people emboldened by the loss are back on here hurling insults at him.

True PC has made the adjustment at halftime that have been great but he did not in this game and it cost us, it is fair to call him out on it.

No one is arguing not calling him or Schotty out. There are a dozen threads doing that.

it's the sudden need to hurl insults about him that a few have been trying all season and had to wait for a big loss to do,

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1yw3yiej said:
Of some just don’t like to hear coaches make excuses maybe?
The coaching staff as a whole failed their team today, whether they want to admit it or not.

I cannot stand Billycheat of the Cheatriots, BUT the one thing I respect about him..... is he always says when they lose is “we could have coached better”, he takes responsibility for his and his staff’s mistakes. I would like to see a little more of that here.

Bellicheck is one of the greatest (perhaps greatest) NFL coaches of all time.

At his best Pete is good.

At his best Bellicheck is great.

He's miles ahead of Pete. He really is.

GO HAWKS!!!

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":g4wp36y5 said:
TwistedHusky":g4wp36y5 said:
Pete is old.

This year was weird because he seemed to be able to change. We were scoring 30 points a game. He was getting rid of that stupid moonshot or nothing offense..

Huh?

Nothing changed from Pete or our schemes. We went 10-6 by how we've always won ....... punishing ball control offense opening up play action for Russell to do what he does best, throw the ball down field, explosive plays and entend.

Yesterday was no different. We lost because the Cowboys executed the same game plan better, were healthier and made less mistakes.

That's how we won past tense, present tense and will be how we win in the future.

You’re making me barf with this crap. I mean, I don’t altogether disagree with you on it’s how we got where we got—but for the love of all that is holy, even the people at the pressers we’re trying to get the players and coach to admit they blew it by not adjusting. It’s OKAY to own this loss and hang it right where it belongs, and that’s on the coaches. Sure, the Cowboys might have played better, but they had a way better game plan.

I will also agree that we still could have won, but everyone else would have had to perform perfectly. That’s the problem with this predictable, no sense of urgency,offense that keeps you in games. When everything else doesn’t go perfectly, you open yourself to a loss.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":3i18o05e said:
Sgt. Largent":3i18o05e said:
TwistedHusky":3i18o05e said:
Pete is old.

Huh?

You’re making me barf with this crap. I mean, I don’t altogether disagree with you on it’s how we got where we got—but for the love of all that is holy, even the people at the pressers we’re trying to get the players and coach to admit they blew it by not adjusting. It’s OKAY to own this loss and hang it right where it belongs, and that’s on the coaches. Sure, the Cowboys might have played better, but they had a way better game plan.

I will also agree that we still could have won, but everyone else would have had to perform perfectly. That’s the problem with this predictable, no sense of urgency,offense that keeps you in games. When everything else doesn’t go perfectly, you open yourself to a loss.

Schotty needed to adjust in the 2nd half. He didnt.

https://deadspin.com/the-seahawks-forgot-they-had-russell-wilson-until-it-wa-1831527621

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":3l7q5znh said:
Sgt. Largent":3l7q5znh said:
TwistedHusky":3l7q5znh said:
Pete is old.

Huh?

I'm not disagreeing with this sentiment, I was correcting Husky who thought Pete changed this year, Pete didn't change.

Yes I also thought we stuck with the ineffective game plan too long.

But that doesn't mean opening it up in the 2nd half would have yielded a different result. Our O-line is terrible at pass blocking, and Russell's efficiency drops dramatically on long passing downs.

So I get why Pete stuck with it only down 10-6, it's how we win. Just couldn't execute or stop Dallas on defense.

John63

Reaction score
Uncle Si":lns8vzon said:
John63":lns8vzon said:
Uncle Si":lns8vzon said:
misfit":lns8vzon said:

True PC has made the adjustment at halftime that have been great but he did not in this game and it cost us, it is fair to call him out on it.

No one is arguing not calling him or Schotty out. There are a dozen threads doing that.

it's the sudden need to hurl insults about him that a few have been trying all season and had to wait for a big loss to do,

I can't speak for others I am not hurling insults. I do not believe his system will get us another SB though and believe firmly he cost us this game. What I want is for him to take the next step as ahead coach and realize he needs to adjust his whole offense a little, not a lot just a little. Hopefully he will, we will see.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2jl4v5nq said:
Of some just don’t like to hear coaches make excuses maybe?
The coaching staff as a whole failed their team today, whether they want to admit it or not.

I cannot stand Billycheat of the Cheatriots, BUT the one thing I respect about him..... is he always says when they lose is “we could have coached better”, he takes responsibility for his and his staff’s mistakes. I would like to see a little more of that here.

Pete never throws his players under the bus so I dont get your point

Fade

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":hn9sxroi said:

Hernia was referring to the coaches owning up to their mistakes, it has nothing to do with the players.

Schotty with the assistance of Pete sucked, and they blew it.

Instead Pete coming out and trying to spin how they almost won. How about he just comes out and admits they didn't coach well. And say they are going to fix it going forward. That is all.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1a2nbdsf said:
TwistedHusky":1a2nbdsf said:
Pete is old.

Huh?

Going three and out consistently is not "executing ball control".

John63

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":d48knnru said:
Sgt. Largent":d48knnru said:
TwistedHusky":d48knnru said:
Pete is old.

Huh?

Exactly at some point a good coach would say yeah run, run, pass is not working, but when we pass on other downs than 3rd and long it works. Let's do more of that, like in Carolina, like pretty much every scoring drive in this game, needed one more imagine if we started sooner or stayed with it.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Fade":22f5b3nz said:
WestcoastSteve":22f5b3nz said:

Hernia was referring to the coaches owning up to their mistakes, it has nothing to do with the players.

Schotty with the assistance of Pete sucked, and they blew it.

Instead Pete coming out and trying to spin how they almost won. How about he just comes out and admits they didn't coach well. And say they are going to fix it going forward. That is all.

Wait... why does he have to admit this? Do you think coaches just have to (and do) commit out and admit their mistakes or what they wish had gone better?

No, of course not. You'd be hard pressed to find many coaches that do very often at the least. Fans may not like it, but, well, you're a fan and that doesn't grant you backstage access.

All that matters is that whatever imbalances and inconsistencies were displayed at the end of this season do not show up at the start of the next.

its why i find the "Pete is old, Pete never changes, this is Pete" diatribe so disingenuous. While this offense mirrored the 2012-2014 Seahawks offense, it was much different than the last 3-4 years. Pete allowed for change, to the detriment of the game plan he saw work so well in years past. He let Schotty pick up the pieces from Bevell's final years and get back to basics. But somehow, despite all of those transitions in the last 7 years, Pete doesn't change?

Pete has let his last two OCs impact the offense. Unfortunately, in allowing Schotty to realize an offense that was basic and run oriented, it did not allow for many adjustments when things werent going well.

Im not excited to see Schotty back.. but if he is, I hope there are changes to the gameplans.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1xcjf2f6 said:
Sgt. Largent":1xcjf2f6 said:
TwistedHusky":1xcjf2f6 said:
Pete is old.

Huh?

That's why I said Dallas executed their game plan better then we did.

You guys are acting like opening up the passing game would have resulted in something more positive, when the history of our offense including recent history of the first two games says it's not more effective.

So yes maybe opening it up would have worked, but again probably not because that's now how our offense is built.

We live by it, and we die by it. Yesterday we died by it.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1opxcnwj said:
Spin Doctor":1opxcnwj said:
Sgt. Largent":1opxcnwj said:
TwistedHusky":1opxcnwj said:
Pete is old.

Huh?

You guys are acting like opening up the passing game would have resulted in something more positive, when the history of our offense including recent history of the first two games says it's not more effective.

So yes maybe opening it up would have worked, but again probably not because that's now how our offense is built.

Exactly right... but the inability to find some flexibility comes down to Schotty not having the ability to do so. How this is on PC as TH wants to constantly bemoan is beyond me.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2uwqkg97 said:
Spin Doctor":2uwqkg97 said:
Sgt. Largent":2uwqkg97 said:
TwistedHusky":2uwqkg97 said:
Pete is old.

Huh?

So, you're saying that you're in favor of them doing the same exact play, over, and over again, and going three and out? It wasn't working, when a play doesn't work YOU ADJUST. There was no adjustments made, it was the same play over, and over again. We rarely tried pushing it to the outside either, or running counters and what have you. The one time we did Penny busted off for a huge gain.

Passing was our only way we were moving the ball. If running is not working you adjust, we did not. We ran up the middle on the first, and second down, then on third and long we ran long developing pass plays that never had the chance to develop putting our Quarterback in a bad situation. In Carolina we faced a similar situation, and we let Wilson pass, guess what? We won when we switched things up.

Jville

Reaction score
Snow flakes need their blame parties and Boo Hoo gatherings.

[youtube]S6CZKVGSb1E[/youtube]
................................................................................ LOL

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Jville":4kbwt0vw said:
Snow flakes need their blame parties and Boo Hoo gatherings.

Or, people want to discuss the game, season and future.. which are all intertwined