Pete is delusional

Jville

Reaction score
Uncle Si":e3s9dm9i said:
Jville":e3s9dm9i said:
Snow flakes need their blame parties and Boo Hoo gatherings.

Or, people want to discuss the game, season and future.. which are all intertwined

Unloading on one person for an outcome disappointment of a spectacle that was influenced by so many many plays and players and coaches and officials is a discussion? I don't think so.

niveky

Reaction score
I find it so laughable that the headhunters for Carroll are back in full force. Pete's philosophy is predicated on that power run game and defensive stops where it matters, in the redzone, and limiting turnovers and big plays by the other team. The flip side of his philosophy is to gobble up turnovers whenever possible and take advantage of any big play opportunity they see.

So, last night. Did they have a kicker who got hurt in the first half who forced an adjustment in how they handle down and distance depending on field position? Did he have to take into account game planning with that in mind with no reliable back up kicking option? Did he not want to get away from this team's identity by having Wilson slinging the ball around everywhere, thereby increasing the chance of a potential turnover and also possibly forcing the offense into worse position with becoming one dimensional with the pass rather than the run? Was there an illegal contact penalty on Wrigh on a key third down that would have forced Dallas to punt/go for it on a long 4th down? On the very next play did Coleman get caught in bad position for a pass interference call? Did the defense let Dak convert on a long 3rd and 14 run to set up the last td for Dallas?

Not even going into events earlier in the game, just on that final sequence there were enough player errors to cost the Seahawks the game. As a coach it is Carroll's job to have his players in position to succeed. It is his job to have his coaches on the same page and to have them working with the players to do the same thing. Going back to that last Dallas drive, the defense was definitely in position to succeed. There were 2 critical player mistakes on the two defensive penalties and there was a complete breakdown on that 3rd and 14 QB RUN conversion.

I can see the hate on Schnieder with the kicking situation, but he has to cut $$ wherever he can to keep the team competitive from a roster standpoint and that balance can be hard to keep without sacrificing one thing for another. Special teams has been the other kind of special in general this year. Some might get on the Schotty hate train now, but how much was he hamstrung by Carroll after the Janikowski situation and the tight nature of the game where Carroll probably wanted to keep it close and not risk the Cowboys pulling away..

D

DomeHawk

He should run for president after he retires, he's got the spin perfected!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Jville":g485ihp3 said:
Uncle Si":g485ihp3 said:
Jville":g485ihp3 said:

Or, people want to discuss the game, season and future.. which are all intertwined

Unloading on one person for an outcome disappointment of a spectacle that was influenced by so many many plays and players and coaches and officials is a discussion? I don't think so.

No, of course not. I said something similar in another thread.

Seeing some of that... seeing alot of other stuff as well.

D

DomeHawk

Jville":luku14id said:
Uncle Si":luku14id said:
Jville":luku14id said:

Obviously, but a Hall of Fame QB was in the booth echoing many of the comments/thoughts made here albeit in a more diplomatic manner.

Don't try to make it just disgruntled Seahawk's fans.

John63

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2gef1z3t said:
Jville":2gef1z3t said:
Uncle Si":2gef1z3t said:
Jville":2gef1z3t said:

Obviously, but a Hall of Fame QB was in the booth echoing many of the comments/thoughts made here albeit in a more diplomatic manner.

LOL not just in the booth but pretty much every expert out there was saying the same thing. Oh and PC did too after the fact.

Jville

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1s48btkq said:
Jville":1s48btkq said:
Uncle Si":1s48btkq said:
Jville":1s48btkq said:

There is nobody at the door checking for invitations. Anybody can choose to join the dance ......

[youtube]S6CZKVGSb1E[/youtube]
................................................................................ LOL

Uncle Si

Reaction score
whining about whining...

is there a song for that? or is that basically most songs?

Fade

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1081768981348974593[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1081782713370193921[/tweet]
The whole breakdown on twitter lays it out there in black and white. Just got to hope Pete corrects this going forward.

bandiger

Reaction score
Now I know what its like to be a Chiefs/Chargers fan in Marty Schottenheimer era. No wonder Chargers/Chiefs fans look bipolar :lol: :lol:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Atleast Warren Sapp is honest enough to include Schotty in his criticism

Jville

Reaction score
How big of him to expand the blame to two people instead of just one. That's a step in a more rational direction.

Warren Sharpe certainly understands the entertainment business.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Jville":3urxsjqp said:
How big of him to expand the blame to two people instead of just one. That's a step in a more rational direction.

Warren Sharpe certainly understands the entertainment business.

Well he's a big dude... and he was right.

Where would you start? Or should people just applaud and move on?

The team should've won last night. They didn't. The team had underperformed for the previous 2 years. Fans on a message board voicing frustrations and expanding on why they think it's gone this way is not just normal, but the reason the board exists to begin with.

I like PC as the coach. Wasnt enthralled by the Schotty hire. Certainly thought last night's play calling was mirrored similar inconsistent performances we saw near the end of the season.

sprhawk73

Reaction score
John63":13e4qmfr said:
THis but we still stick to the run till it is too late

You should have known entering this game Dallas was #5 vs the run & #16 vs the pass YTD.

You nailed it and if they decided to to go the run heavy despite them being #5 then RW should have kept it more often than handed off. There was at least 5 plays with wide open field for RW but he handed off for losses and short gains.

If he would have kept it then they could have opened up the run game.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
sprhawk73":80cekg31 said:
John63":80cekg31 said:
THis but we still stick to the run till it is too late

You should have known entering this game Dallas was #5 vs the run & #16 vs the pass YTD.

You nailed it and if they decided to to go the run heavy despite them being #5 then RW should have kept it more often than handed off. There was at least 5 plays with wide open field for RW but he handed off for losses and short gains.

If he would have kept it then they could have opened up the run game.

he kept it a handful of times. got a first down and then a TD on back to back RPOs.

There has been what appears to be a conscious decision to limit RWs running as a part of the play calling. There seemed to be a lot of chances throughout the season where the keeper wouldve yielded a good gain but just never happened.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":20r5slk8 said:
So, you're saying that you're in favor of them doing the same exact play, over, and over again, and going three and out? It wasn't working, when a play doesn't work YOU ADJUST. There was no adjustments made, it was the same play over, and over again. We rarely tried pushing it to the outside either, or running counters and what have you. The one time we did Penny busted off for a huge gain.

Passing was our only way we were moving the ball. If running is not working you adjust, we did not. We ran up the middle on the first, and second down, then on third and long we ran long developing pass plays that never had the chance to develop putting our Quarterback in a bad situation. In Carolina we faced a similar situation, and we let Wilson pass, guess what? We won when we switched things up.

....and it didn't work in Denver, Chicago or SF.

I'm merely saying yes maybe we should have opened up the offense after halftime and had more success. You guys are saying it absolutely WOULD have worked.......and not sure how you can come to that conclusion when our history, playcalling and personnel says that is not a successful formula.

John63

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":18077iia said:
Spin Doctor":18077iia said:
So, you're saying that you're in favor of them doing the same exact play, over, and over again, and going three and out? It wasn't working, when a play doesn't work YOU ADJUST. There was no adjustments made, it was the same play over, and over again. We rarely tried pushing it to the outside either, or running counters and what have you. The one time we did Penny busted off for a huge gain.

Passing was our only way we were moving the ball. If running is not working you adjust, we did not. We ran up the middle on the first, and second down, then on third and long we ran long developing pass plays that never had the chance to develop putting our Quarterback in a bad situation. In Carolina we faced a similar situation, and we let Wilson pass, guess what? We won when we switched things up.

....and it didn't work in Denver, Chicago or SF.

I'm merely saying yes maybe we should have opened up the offense after halftime and had more success. You guys are saying it absolutely WOULD have worked.......and not sure how you can come to that conclusion when our history, playcalling and personnel says that is not a successful formula.

Because when we did it in this game it worked as I already pointed out. Every scoring drive started with or mixed in the pass beyond run, run, pass on 3rd and long. That showed in this game against this team it worked but chose to wait till it was too late to do it consistently

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TheLydiaCruz/status/1082064943866798080[/tweet]

John63

Reaction score
Jville":3dqq69en said:

Great but that does not change the fact that he screwed up yesterday with the game plan. I never said fire him, but I can call him out when he messes up

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Jville":1n2ffegb said:

Im far more concerned about Schotty.