Pete is destroying Russell Wilson career

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
joeseahawks":133i054f said:
I mean really. It's hard to take a franchise QB to multiple super bowls because you pay them too much to build a roster around them.

MontanaHawk05":133i054f said:
Post of the year.

My thoughts exactly.

When was the last time a team who gave the QB the mega contract won a SB? Has it even happened in the last 15+ years?

Brady doesn't count. He's like the 10th highest paid QB who takes one for the team when it comes to finances.

Largent80

Reaction score
It's really about ball protection and especially so in a playoff game.

The fear of turning over the ball early is a very large part of sticking with a game plan.

If Wilson was "turned loose" for an entire season, he would have a LOT more numbers that he really doesn't want. Like INT's, and even more sacks. It's NOT sustainable.

Part of it too is the friggin defense. It was horrid this year and we all know all the reasons, but it also affects the offense.

blaisio

Reaction score
I saw a stat on the final 8 teams in the playoffs, and 4 of the qbs are on their rookie contracts. Meaning they have 20+ million to spend on the other players around them. Having an extra Clowney or Wagner or both is how I see that.

xray

Reaction score
I was actually surprised that Wilson took the extension and stayed with the Hawks . He could of got his money with several teams that needed a franchise QB . This would of been the last season of his old contract . I wonder if he isn't having buyers remorse himself now . Carroll has 2 more years on his own contract . Carroll might be a decent coach for the Hawks ; but a terrible coach for a QB like Wilson. IMO

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Has there ever been a QB who's coach destroyed his HOF highly successful career before?

- 2 SB's
- statistically top of the league in every category year after year
- highest paid QB
- trips to the playoffs every year
- 7 x All Pro
- top five highest profile QB's in the league
- more endorsements then Russell can sign

Yeah that Pete, really destroying Russell's career.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
brimsalabim":23gdklvf said:
Playoff football is drastically different than regular season where you can play the percentages. You have to get outside your comfort zone in the playoffs because it’s all over if you lose. This was already one of Pete’s weaknesses and well Shotty inherited it genetically!

Thanks. I'm sure your 30 year career as a HOF coach with multiple SB rings casts great legitimacy on those comments.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Appyhawk":1r95qvai said:
There's an old saying in football that says "Offense sells tickets, defense wins football games".

Pete the defensive genius has done wonders the last two years....

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Wilson will be a HOF QB.

Pete is just ruining Wilson's playoff success %. Wilson will go down losing these divisional games when it was really Pete.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Natethegreat":2fekcxau said:
Pete is the best Coach this team has ever had.

I fully agree. But a change in direction is needed. We have peaked under Coach Carroll and his contract should be mutually terminated. The defense is trending down and the reason why we are winning is not because of Pete, but because of Russell. Eric Bieniemy will be my ideal choice. Doug Pederson led Eagles to a SB. Matt Nagy made Trubisky look good. Bieniemy is the one who groomer Mahomes and is next in line from the Andy Reid coaching tree.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
ludakrishna":4tiqr0g4 said:
Natethegreat":4tiqr0g4 said:

I fully agree. But a change in direction is needed. We have peaked under Coach Carroll and his contract should be mutually terminated. The defense is trending down and the reason why we are winning is not because of Pete, but because of Russell. Eric Bieniemy will be my ideal choice. Doug Pederson led Eagles to a SB. Matt Nagy made Trubisky look good. Bieniemy is the one who groomer Mahomes and is next in line from the Andy Reid coaching tree.
The offense is already good (considering the massive amount of injuries the offense sustained this year I am amazed at how well they performed). Why would we make changes on the best part of this team? It is the D that needs to improve massively.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3ch7uvvr said:
Wilson will be a HOF QB.

Pete is just ruining Wilson's playoff success %. Wilson will go down losing these divisional games when it was really Pete.

Sure. And it was really Pete suited up in uniform 17 that dropped the perfect pass Russ put in his belly. It's because he really wants to lose..Bad Pete! Fire him! Burn it all down!

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Tusc2000":33higpvc said:
TwistedHusky":33higpvc said:
Wilson will be a HOF QB.

Sure. And it was really Pete suited up in uniform 17 that dropped the perfect pass Russ put in his belly. It's because he really wants to lose..Bad Pete! Fire him! Burn it all down!

He may not have dropped the pass, but Pete was the one who put a chokehold on the offense in the first half a la every other away divisional game he’s ever coached for us. The defense for this guy is getting really old. He was a great coach and will go down as the best coach in our teams history, but time to move on.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Natethegreat":qvbj6oo1 said:
ludakrishna":qvbj6oo1 said:
Natethegreat":qvbj6oo1 said:

The offense is already good (considering the massive amount of injuries the offense sustained this year I am amazed at how well they performed). Why would we make changes on the best part of this team? It is the D that needs to improve massively.

I have problems with some of Pete's stubborn scheme philosophies, but the bottom line is we can still win SB's with how Pete coaches if we get some more talent on the roster.........and I think we will with how many picks and cap space we have over the next year or two.

SF's copying our blueprint on defense, Tennessee just destroyed two "elite teams" with our blueprint on offense.

So for as much as I'd like to see tweaks to how we scheme on both sides of the ball, IMO those are minor compared to the talent deficit on defense and turnover that's needed on the O-line. Get younger and nastier in those areas and we've got a great shot at going back to another SB before Russell's window starts closing.

Donn2390

Reaction score
It's interesting that none of the real experts, you know the ones who really football, all disagree with most of these anti Pete posts... They deal with reality, unlike those of you who spout off from bias and anger..
Be careful what you wish for, some day Pete will be gone and it will be back to 7-9 or worse.. Then you experts can tell the new guy how it should be done.
I like to think much of this anger comes out after four or more hours of drinking beer, at least I hope that is the reason, it gives you an out..

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Pete is a HELL of a coach, but if you don't think he's above some real criticism, you couldn't be more wrong.
And I have been accused of being the biggest homer around.

Jville

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":31ab3r67 said:
Wilson will be a HOF QB.

My goodness, stats drive people crazy. LOL

One might counter with an assertion that Pete lets Wilson take sacks rather than throw the ball away. And, that certainly elevates Russell's pass completion stats and suppresses interceptions. :p

Russell Wilson is on a roll because he is surrounded by a great collaboration.

Status
Not open for further replies.