Pete Is Officially Pissed Off

strohmin

Reaction score
You're not wrong but for some reason hearing Aikman say Denver can get right back in this game with a stop and then 10 seconds later Harvin returned the kick is still one of my favorite Seahawks memories of all time. I'm probably alone in this but its one of my top 5 favorite Seahawks plays of all time.
I agree with this. Harvin returning that kick off was actually a key moment in putting them outta the game. You didnt want to give Denver any hope of a comeback. Id take that every single time over what Adams has provided.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
You're not wrong but for some reason hearing Aikman say Denver can get right back in this game with a stop and then 10 seconds later Harvin returned the kick is still one of my favorite Seahawks memories of all time. I'm probably alone in this but its one of my top 5 favorite Seahawks plays of all time.
It was the moment we knew the sb was won..imo

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I haven't kept a list of all the interviews and articles. Just search the LOB-era players names and look for them.

A good starting point is all the interviews KJ has done. All are on his YT.

One issue that was discussed widely on all of his LOB-player podcasts was culture and accountability. The constant theme was the idea that the only accountability came from the LOB Alphas. THEY created the accountability culture, as PC and the coaching staff were not interested.

The Big Rift started when PC expressly told Sherman that RW was off limits to the player accountability culture and Sherman needed to knock it off and let everyone know.

Read Sherman's op-ed about what really happened when he left the Seahawks. Passive-aggressive disrespect even though he was loyal to the Seahawks.

Do you remember the story about Bobby hearing about his release on the news? He still hasn't really talked about it.

Search for LOB player media and read and listen. I spent days (I'm retired and doing PT so I'm bored). You will hear tidbits here and there and then be able to piece it all together.

It's amazing none of these players have come out and straight out told their stories.

Then again, they are still loyal to each other and, by extension, the Seahawks. Many have been called classless but they've shown more class than could beWatch today's reasonably expected.
KJ talks about "PC approaching Alpha players to talk to other players on PC's behalf when there was a problem". That's not what a leader does, unless he has an issue with direct and honest confrontation. This is a severely negative "leadership" trait.
BS, That's not what KJ implied, KJ himself said that it worked to perfection and it was the reason why the LOB was so successful > it instilled comradery as the PLAYERS melded & held EACH OTHER to accountabilities.
On the Sherman sniveling about PC'S pampering RW and his calling them out for his and their NON-CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISMS, Yeah, Pete did do that.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Like I said last week, I'd bench Adams just cause he sucks and he's a defensive liability every single snap he's on the field. Stupid reporter beef doesn't even matter.

It's like Pete's playing him just hoping to God he has a couple good games to prove he wasn't an utter and complete waste of cap room and roster spot. When sadly, that ship sailed years ago Pete, so not sure what you're even doing with Adams. Just come up with some imaginary injury to put him on the season ending IR.

It's just pathetic now.
You don't want that because we cannot just cut him in a way
that saves cap the most.
Adams is done and should be benched right next to Diggs.

Last edited:

mrblitz

Reaction score
what if... some players don't agree with their assignments, and freelance instead? the defense oftentimes looks to be either a) assignment incorrect, or b) poorly schemed. what if it is actually both of these things?...

AnimeAmore

Reaction score
"...but that one play!"
That play was worth like 1% of what we gave him. Blowout game where we would've blown them out if he didn't play, just like the regular season.

Ozzy

Reaction score
"...but that one play!"
That play was worth like 1% of what we gave him. Blowout game where we would've blown them out if he didn't play, just like the regular season.
Again I get it it’s just one of my favorite memories because of the time of it all. I never made the argument he was worth it because of one play.

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
what if... some players don't agree with their assignments, and freelance instead? the defense oftentimes looks to be either a) assignment incorrect, or b) poorly schemed. what if it is actually both of these things?...
And blaming Hurtt and other def./off. coor. the whole time… I truly think these guys, like Waldron, don’t get stupider overnight, and forget how to call plays nor scheme offenses or defenses. This is Pete’s team and his spoon stirs the soup. This is what you get with his defensiveness now when it doesn’t go right. This is all on Pete and you can’t convince me otherwise, I don’t think, while he throws everyone under the bus to save his face. Please walk out with some dignity.

soxhawk

Reaction score
And blaming Hurtt and other def./off. coor. the whole time… I truly think these guys, like Waldron, don’t get stupider overnight, and forget how to call plays nor scheme offenses or defenses. This is Pete’s team and his spoon stirs the soup. This is what you get with his defensiveness now when it doesn’t go right. This is all on Pete and you can’t convince me otherwise, I don’t think, while he throws everyone under the bus to save his face. Please walk out with some dignity.
At some point you have to consider his ability to keep up with younger minds like shanny and mcvay. He's old school but maybe his players aren't?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
You don't blame your players for not doing the correct things on the field. It's week 14 for Christ's sake, if your players aren't doing the correct things, that's on you and your coaches Pete.

The "miscommunication" and "we aren't on the same page" excuse is so lame and tired. What other teams, even college have you heard these same excuses year after year?

Pete runs a loose locker room full of knuckleheads who he's enabled to to play his undisciplined style of football........and now he's blaming the players? That's terrible man. Blame yourself Pete.
Because it's the PLAYERS in spite of the Coaching that are continually SCREWING THE POOCH.
How many "Mulligans" do you give players for MISSED ASSIGNMENTS before you PUBLICALLY CALL THEM OUT?? HELLO??

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Because it's the PLAYERS in spite of the Coaching that are continually SCREWING THE POOCH.
How many "Mulligans" do you give players for MISSED ASSIGNMENTS before you PUBLICALLY CALL THEM OUT?? HELLO??

If one player is not getting it? It's the player.

If many players aren't getting it? That's your fault as coaches.

Wheetie

Reaction score
Yep, after 14 weeks they're too stupid to grasp this awesome, vanilla scheme. And some of them after a few years here still haven't grasped this awesome, vanilla scheme. They all seem to be regressing, even though the scheme is vanilla, but awesome. Again, it can't be the scheme, it's just the players are all stupid. Is that right Scutter?

GemCity

Reaction score
I want to do something here to make sure I'm remaining objective. I want to examine my own contradiction, and will do so in view of all.

In the past, I've said that I am generally in favor of keeping absolutely everything in-house, as much as possible, outside of praise and non-divisive forms of accountability (self-reflection, etc.) This, of course, is in direct conflict with my own feelings of refreshment at an angry Pete Carroll.

I suppose my fandom is a bit backed into a corner here. I love Pete, man. I do. I know he's worn out most of his goodwill among the crowd, but I enjoy Pete's personal philosophy and the way it's paid dividends for not just himself, but his organizations. His energy is something I aspire to.

Man, I get up in the morning and head to work. I do my job through gritted teeth half the time, from my own perspective. But I'm generally described as chipper, team-oriented, etc. Maybe it's just that I grew up with Pete (I was 14 when he was hired) but I think he's been a big influence on shaping the better attributes of my nature. I try to be energetic, uplift others, and move us all towards a goal. I think I derive elevated enjoyment out of those things in no small part because the Seahawks are a huge part of my life and they had a different energy because of that guy.

It gets harder each year to defend the results, though. That hurts me, because I don't want to have to acknowledge that this isn't working as well as it used to.

When Pete came into the league, he wasn't necessarily angry, but he was a determined son of a bitch. He turned over every stone to make this team in his image. The front office ripped apart the world looking for their guys, and they got them. Success seems to have tempered that specific sense of "I'm going to grab the world by the horns and hump it into submission," but it never hampered his energy which puts most of my fellow twenty-somethings to shame, let alone his fellow septuagenarians.

The anger we saw from him, which is just about as uncharacteristic as it gets for the Pete we know today, is analogous to that determination. He's backed into a corner, and he's showing some signs of trying to punch out of it. Those signs of life, after years of these slips and slides, give me something to chew on other than "What the hell does the future hold from here?"

Yes, in an ideal world, I don't like this specific manner of messaging. But backs against the wall, feeling the sand slip through our fingers yet again... I'm game for anything as long as it isn't some Baghdad Bob "everything is fine" stuff.

The core attribute of Pete's entire ethos, his life force, is competition. He's gotta compete harder than ever.

TL;DR: My thoughts in this thread are directly contradictory to the things I've said in the past. I think it important to own up to that and explain.
This….

…was an awesome post.

Thank you for sharing. Honest…humble…and wraps up what I’m sure a lot of the fanbase feels.

cymatica

Reaction score
Is that why Washingtons OC Bieniemy said this:
"We got to go out and execute our offense better than they execute their defense, they're not a defense that's going to cause any confusion because they going to play straight up and try and beat you with their best. Our job is to make sure that we can go out and do what we do best."

The coaches are making it easy on opposing offenses and QBs. It's why they give up 3rd downs so much and are top of the league in giving up first downs. They are doing anything to make other offenses have to think and cause confusion. Also probably why they have so much trouble against backup QBs.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
This….

…was an awesome post.

Thank you for sharing. Honest…humble…and wraps up what I’m sure a lot of the fanbase feels.
Thanks pal. I've been trying to refocus on different parts of who I am. I'm too prone to argument, and I learn nothing when I'm just digging in and trying to prove those I disagree with wrong.

It's been a while since I learned anything new about football other than small tidbits of information. I'm forgetting more than I'm learning. Gotta level with people and not delude myself with my own preferred narratives if I want to move past that. Instead of squabbling with those I have heavily-conflicting views with, I'm just gonna... try to organize my thoughts publicly and let my thought process show through that more.

We're all going to learn a lot when a new regime comes to Seattle, which'll happen soon enough regardless of how long Pete's leash is. There's an expiration date on all of this. He's 72, and he's not grabbing postseason wins. This either changes fundamentally, or it ends.

I know my anger is different than the anger of most others, but I hope I provided decent enough insight into my thoughts (which I can feel being perceived lately as blind fandom more than true analysis.)

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Pete will finish his contract and will retire to TV. All aggitation here is simply another thread where many are venting about a team we all overestimated, and forum for the repetitive Pete hate. There are a lot of thoughtful and well written post here though, do understand the wish to get your position clear and well stated.

I frankly think Pete was absolutely right calling out the whole safety crew. They all were terrible! They deserved to be called out. That play with Deebo caused me to say Yikes! when I saw it was Adams who’d blown his assignment. He has lost a step and his mojo.

Pete said he had already spoken to them all. I’d be pissed with supposedly good players riding the crest of an inevitable 4 game and counting losing streak, and not doing what they were asked to do to stop plays that they knew would be run against them. I’d be pissed off too, wouldn’t be shy about expressing my angst either.

Has Pete really lost his touch and been left behind by younger coaches? I doubt it, but his DC has no clue and there are many player talent issues facing this team as it spirals down towards a 5 game losing streak.

This is a new face shown by a coach who is good at managing a collective of talents to attempt to maximize their results, the players deserved being called out. Knowing Pete, his remarks were thought out prior to being said.

Except for the D the team played a good game and kept it closer than many thought. The D collectively was simply terrible.

Last edited:

Madrid Hawk

Reaction score
Harvin's TD return to start the second half didn't just give us more points, it gave us a symbol that can never be equalled.

The safety occurred 12 seconds into the first half. Harvin's return occurred 12 seconds into the second half.

Both scores, both 12 seconds in. For our first Superbowl victory. For the 12s.

That's Hollywood stuff right there.