Pete Mentioned Other Coaches being Requested

blkhwk

Reaction score
Maybe some new blood will be a good thing. Not saying this system defensively or offensively needs to be blown up and started over, but maybe some new eyes on things will help.

New England, San Diego, Denver in 48 all had multiple drives of 10+ plays against us in the past year. Maybe this needs to be examined. The only reason 48 wasn't close was pressure on Manning put them in a huge hole early. Go look at the drive charts from 48 the Smith INT was like the 10th play of a drive.

When you cannot get pressure with 4 you better have some creativity. Remember when Pete started, we didn't have the athletic LB's like now and we ran the "Bandit" with 7 DB's and used them to blitz. I would think as athletic as our back 7 guys are, we could use them more creatively.

Passing game could use a turn to the 21st century also.

Again not suggesting major changes, but maybe some minor adjusting here and there.

Donn2390

Reaction score
I watched Carroll's assistants poached every year he was at USC. He had winning teams every year, his coaches were in demand every year..Didn't seem to affect him much there.....

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":7kuhye3d said:
marko358":7kuhye3d said:
hawknation2015":7kuhye3d said:
Not surprisingly, Quinn will try to take as many coaches with him as he can.

Please take Bevill with you!

Unless Bevell wants to be demoted, him going to Atlanta makes no sense. They already hired Kyle Shanahan for the OC position.

Bevell should be fired, but he will survive simply because it's February 3rd and all the good candidates for OC are gone.

You really think getting a new OC and RW learning a entire new offence will help this team?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I wonder if they'll interview Jim Schwartz.

My money is still on Richard, but it seems odd to me that there isn't word of Schwartz interviewing around. He's a 4-3 guy who doesn't blitz a lot, so schematically, it makes some sense. He had BUF playing at a high level, too. Only concern is that he used to work with Fisher and his teams have exhibited similar "dirty" tendencies.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":2lruxgwb said:
Hasselbeck":2lruxgwb said:
marko358":2lruxgwb said:
hawknation2015":2lruxgwb said:

Unless Bevell wants to be demoted, him going to Atlanta makes no sense. They already hired Kyle Shanahan for the OC position.

Bevell should be fired, but he will survive simply because it's February 3rd and all the good candidates for OC are gone.

You really think getting a new OC and RW learning a entire new offence will help this team?
It won't be an entire new offense. I remember people worrying about Bradley leaving as well

Hawks46

Reaction score
McGruff":3okz5y9b said:
vonstout":3okz5y9b said:
Kris Richard/Ken Norton Jr./ Rocky Seto could all be possibilities for Quinn to steal from us.

Norton will stay. He's a Pete guy through and through and isn't really interested in a coordinator gig.

Either Richard or Seto will be our DC, and Quinn will probably tab to other as his DC.

Preliminary reports have Raheem Morris as the Falcon's DC.

I can see Quinn poaching a few positional coaches, but all the major coordinators have already been hired (Kyle Shanahan OC, Morris, DC). Atlanta needed to have as much in place as possible if they were willing to wait for Quinn. You have so much to establish as it is, spending the time to find a coordinator isn't one of the things you want to do.

sc85sis

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2bkjnlbv said:
PFT was saying that our Assistant O-line coach was going to Atlanta to be Quinn's O-line coach there. We have Cable, so Pete probably won't put up much of a fight to keep him.

I don't have a link because it was in a random article a few days ago and I'm not going to sift through them at this point. But there's one coach that has been poached by Quinn already.
It could happen, but I'd be somewhat surprised if Pat Ruel left. He is a self-described "Pete Carroll disciple." Or do you mean Chris Morgan?

By the way USC averaged roughly 25 sacks given up a season during Pete's time as head coach prior to Pat becoming o-line coach and around 17-18 after.

kf3339

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":uuzjag26 said:
marko358":uuzjag26 said:
hawknation2015":uuzjag26 said:

You can go to college division two football and find a better OC than him.