It’s Ben Johnson right?

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Another coaching thread. Shocker.

Seriously though. Ben Johnson was on one of the lists and considering that coaches are now being hired and Seattle doesn’t seem to be all to worried about this, I think that Seattle wants to make a push for him.

I know people will say Dan Quinn and he’s been linked to a few times, but as of right now DQ is getting no real Interest and other HC gigs are getting gobbled up. If Seattle wanted him and he was the guy I think they’d cut any act and just bring him on board asap so he could get his staff together before those other coaches are hired away by other teams.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
The only way they get Johnson is if Washington decides to go in a different direction. Every indication is that Washington has targeted him as their guy.
I know that some think that but I do not. I think we have just as good a shot at him.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I'd be shocked if anyone other than Quinn or Kafka ended up coming out here. Johnson would be terrific as best I can tell.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
My guess Washington will be targeting Ben Johnson as HC and DQ as a DC
I keep hearing people suggest a head coach candidate will leave their team to have the same job somewhere else. Much less a decision rival in this case?? It’s super rare. I can’t see this happening

Fade

Reaction score
Yes. They are competing with WAS for his services.

Otherwise, they would have hired one of the many available candidates now.

Time is of the essence. Waiting around for the hell of it, is not ideal. Unless, the guy you want is still coaching and you have no choice but to wait for him.

Torc

Reaction score
As a DC...as a DC. As in defensive coordinator
This. Quinn can't make a lateral move to another defensive coordinator position without permission from Dallas. Presumably they wouldn't give that permission without significant compensation given how much they like him. Also, Quinn is on a 3 year $13.5 million contract - he makes well over the $1 million average for a coordinator, and more than several head coaches. He's not going to just hop over to another team.

If, however, he gets a promotion, then Dallas can't prevent him from moving to another team. That's why some coaches get made "Assistant Head coach", because that is technically a promotion from OC or DC. I don't see him moving on just for a change of title though.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
With each passing day, no news is good news. It's logical to conclude that they are waiting on a coach whose team is still alive. There are two GREAT choices left and only two openings. Going to be a W either way.

100%

JPPT1974

Reaction score
Well we shall see who you all get as the coach now won't we?! Dan Quinn or Ben Johnson!

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
If you’re Ben Johnson or any other candidate, and you had your choice of Seattle or DC, who would you be likely to pick?

Seattle, with Washington, no state tax, not sure about DC area….

Offensively, you can get a jump start real quick with the pieces Seattle has to offer…

DC, who really is it? McLaurin and Sam Howell? Their running back isn’t bad but I think K9 is better.

DC has some studs up front defensively. Seattle is in need of studs of front on both sides.

But if you’re Ben Johnson, the possibility of pairing DK, Lockett, JSN, K9 and with a QOTF might be too hard to pass up!!!

GemCity

Reaction score
I’m still thinking Ben Johnson to WAS but… if DQ was it for us, would we have not already made it official?

JS holding out for Johnson or MacDonald?

It’s starting to feel that way.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
I’m still thinking Ben Johnson to WAS but… if DQ was it for us, would we have not already made it official?

JS holding out for Johnson or MacDonald?

It’s starting to feel that way.
Don’t remember where I read it, but supposedly they aren’t Rooney Rule compliant yet, but have something scheduled for Saturday.

After that if we’re still waiting to hear, playoff coaches make sense.

haroldseattle

Reaction score
If you’re Ben Johnson or any other candidate, and you had your choice of Seattle or DC, who would you be likely to pick?

Seattle, with Washington, no state tax, not sure about DC area….

Offensively, you can get a jump start real quick with the pieces Seattle has to offer…

DC, who really is it? McLaurin and Sam Howell? Their running back isn’t bad but I think K9 is better.

DC has some studs up front defensively. Seattle is in need of studs of front on both sides.

But if you’re Ben Johnson, the possibility of pairing DK, Lockett, JSN, K9 and with a QOTF might be too hard to pass up!!!
Seahawks do have some nice pieces on offense, but the bar is set high as Pete was let go after a 9-8 season and just missing making the playoffs and QOTF isn't a sure bet as no one knows how the draft will fall. Bar is much lower for who ever takes the Washington job, second pick in the draft assures a highly rank prospect at QB. McLaurin, Dotson, Samuel and Brian Robinson are good enough to start with and they have the most cap space in the NFL right now also. Also 9 draft picks, 6 in the top 102. So the assets are there to build a contender from scratch. So...going to take some persuasion to get him to pick the Seahawks over Washington IMO. Washington has also put it out that he's there #1 choice which I would think plus on their side also.

Chevy

Reaction score
If Ben Johnson thinks he is the QB whisperer, which he may vary well be, then our loaded offensive skill position team may be too good to pass up. Let him develop a rookie QB and maybe work with a bridge QB not named Geno.