Pete says changes in the offense this week

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
My Got I would love to think that picture above was a well-exectued screen pass. But the lack of running back in the picture kills that idea

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1sreht5x said:
Hopefully this means Rawls to the bench and Lacy getting 15+ carries. I love Carson but dude hasn't had 200 carries ever. Would like to see a thunder/lightning Ron Dayne/Tiki Barber approach. Most you kiddies are too young to remember that so don't argue with me.

Well barring injury, Carson is getting his 200 + carries this year and deservedly so. 2 games, he's averaging 5.1. Lacy, Rawls and Prosise combined 1.29. I'm not sure what you're seeing in Lacy. He looks past his prime and utterly slow like a large sealion that doesn't want to move from the dock.

For a change of pace back and to limit Carson's workload some, I wouldn't mind seeing McKissic get a few carries and/or a couple passes thrown to him out of the backfield to see how he does. Certainly couldn't be any worse than what we've seen from Rawls, Lacy and Prosise.

Seymour

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2l3k98fn said:
Rotoworld is indicating that O'day Aboushi will likely be starting at RG against Tenn. in place of Glowinski and that it is also possible that Odhiambo will be replaced as as well.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8552/oday-aboushi

I wondered where they got that from. This is their source.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/910638417796464640[/tweet]

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I'll step in. I'll get beat for half the price of any of our O-linemen! Pete, you can give the savings to Graham!

xgeoff

Reaction score
randomation":39zwjxo6 said:
Let me know when Cable is gone and this moronic ZBS experiment is finally done because that is the change the O needs.

This is truth

xgeoff

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":16p3oqp4 said:
I'll step in. I'll get beat for half the price of any of our O-linemen! Pete, you can give the savings to Graham!

Yes, in fact I will throw myself on the ground and force the opposing D linemen to go around my body, which will give Russ a full second above what he's getting from his line right now. If I was 6-6 300+ lbs I could probably give Russ an additional 2 seconds by just throwing myself on the ground and forcing the D linemen to go around me.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2rcf3xx1 said:
Hasselbeck":2rcf3xx1 said:
HawkFan72":2rcf3xx1 said:
hawk45":2rcf3xx1 said:
Jimmy struggling early is the best thing that could happen to us IMO. My worst fear is that we re-up him somehow instead of using that money on the OL where it is more sorely needed and going with a blocking TE that is a 1000% better fit for this offense. The Graham signing was totally defensible since it was thought to be a sinecure for red-zone woes, but that isn't how it has worked out to put it mildly.

Yup. We need to invest time and money into finding the next Zach Miller. That's who was a perfect fit for this Offense.

I'd rather find an OC who knows how to use one of the 3 best TE's in football.

Make sure to get one that knows how to call plays with this;

DJdd MyUQAALVXN

isn't that how every screen ever ran looks whenever it is ran successfully?

Just sayin.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Optimus25":3ok9pt8q said:
Sgt. Largent":3ok9pt8q said:
Hasselbeck":3ok9pt8q said:
HawkFan72":3ok9pt8q said:
Yup. We need to invest time and money into finding the next Zach Miller. That's who was a perfect fit for this Offense.

I'd rather find an OC who knows how to use one of the 3 best TE's in football.

Make sure to get one that knows how to call plays with this;

DJdd MyUQAALVXN

isn't that how every screen ever ran looks whenever it is ran successfully?

Just sayin.

Yes, except this is not a screen pass. Notice the lack of a receiver in the area ready to catch the ball? That is typically a dead giveaway.

Also on a screen pass you will also see a few OLinemen peeling off to head up the field and block. That's also something to look for.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Trrrroy":1agxgtir said:
I want the read option back. Make that d-line think a bit.

No kidding. Remember the one time we ran that sweet RO look where Russ threatened the run and then it was actually a pass? yeah, that highly successful play from 2? years ago, never seen again.

Or how about a fake jet sweep to Lockett and then a RO? the ends would piss their pants with all the looks we could throw out there, and btw, these are all rather quick developing looks that don't make our offensive line block more than 1.5 seconds...But no Bevell, let's run slow developing BS plays that worked two years ago when we COULD protect 2 seconds at a time, or we'll just hammer Carson into the brick walls constantly. Apparently that's all we got.

Optimus25

Reaction score
^
^
LOL. I know. just sayin why don't we ever run a screen when it kinda plays to having swiss cheese protection.

when was the last screen called? I literally don't remember. I don't even think bevell knows what that is. seriously.