Pete's comments on Offense

semiahmoo

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":eo7zfj9b said:
I don't have any confidence in Pete's ability to judge coordinators or evaluate them.

He had this problem at USC too.

So firing Bevell or Cable won't fix things if we bring in someone just as bad.

But we can always hope.

Thank you for bringing up Pete's USC era. There are some striking similarities to what's going on with the Hawks the last few seasons. There was an article recently that indicated the coaches he faced while at USC adjusted to his scheme and Pete was unable to adjust to them.

Seems the same thing has happened the last few seasons in Seattle. He's kind of a one-trick pony in that regard - though that one trick is highly successful - it just doesn't last...

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Norm Chow was a GREAT play caller for Carroll at USC. He won two National Championships with Chow.

Jville

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":1jfdsv21 said:
Watch him trade Wilson, lol.

Once upon a time the Minnesota Vikings traded Fran Tarkenton to the New York Giants Football team.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Hard to tell what he meant in the press conference, he might still just be blowing hot air.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Seagal2013":1k3ib8o8 said:
hawknation2017":1k3ib8o8 said:
Bye, bye Bevell. Don't let the door hit you on your way OUT.

:snack:
are you kidding??? I hope that door smacks him the ass, bounces off and then does it again!!!! Maybe smack him in the head for good measure!!!!

LOL

Jeremy517

Reaction score
Jville":ocsumq6k said:
blkhwk":ocsumq6k said:
anyone have a link?

Here is your your requested link >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.pscp.tv/Seahawks/1MnGngEjqEBJO[/urltargetblank]

When I listen to that, I don't hear him putting anything on Bevell or Cable. In fact, I think it is the opposite. I hear blame for Walsh and the penalties, and maybe a few other players, but nothing on his assistants.

I hope I'm wrong, but I have absolutely no confidence that Pete is willing to get rid of Cable or Bevell.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Pete speaks very highly of Cable so my guess is if he leaves, it's for a HC job like Indy. Honestly both him and Bevell need to go asap and let a new OC get working with Russell

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I seriously doubt Pete fires any coordinators or Cable. His loyalty to coaches knows no bounds

WmHBonney

Reaction score
If Cable/Bevell are still here 48 hrs from now then the leadership of this organization doesn't give a shit about this team. If that means that Pete must go, then so be it.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":2ysis43t said:
I seriously doubt Pete fires any coordinators or Cable. His loyalty to coaches knows no bounds.

He has fired play callers in the past, including Jeremy Bates after the 2010 season.

renofox

Reaction score
Jeremy517":3a3qj2ps said:
Jville":3a3qj2ps said:
blkhwk":3a3qj2ps said:
anyone have a link?

Here is your your requested link >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.pscp.tv/Seahawks/1MnGngEjqEBJO[/urltargetblank]

When I listen to that, I don't hear him putting anything on Bevell or Cable. In fact, I think it is the opposite. I hear blame for Walsh and the penalties, and maybe a few other players, but nothing on his assistants.

I hope I'm wrong, but I have absolutely no confidence that Pete is willing to get rid of Cable or Bevell.

:ditto:

I'll add: If keeping PC means keeping Cabevell, it's time for PC to go. I would much rather see PC stay.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
original poster":2yecjhny said:
WindCityHawk":2yecjhny said:
Watch him trade Wilson, lol.

Don’t give them ideas!
The Browns 1st round picks,a 2nd with Thomas and Gordon included ought to do it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawknation2017":1dja0wax said:
West TX Hawk":1dja0wax said:
I seriously doubt Pete fires any coordinators or Cable. His loyalty to coaches knows no bounds

He has fired play callers in the past, including Jeremy Bates after the 2010 season.
Jeremy Bates was fired by Paul Allen for being a drunk jackass at his holiday party.
It had nothing to do with Pete.

Exittium

Reaction score
Pete talks like a salesman to “make his pitch” for people to get what he’s “laying” down. As with most I’ll believe it when I see otherwise until then I’m under the full impression we’re stuck with cabevell next year sadly enough

hawker84

Reaction score
hopefully he's talking about retiring.

Sorry, but Pete hasn't shown me any hint of being able to recognize and adapt to new times, new players and a completely different team from the SB years. His philosophy is stale, and tired, and has been figured out.

His loyalty to an average at best coaching staff is systematically destroying everything he and JS has built here, little by little, year after year.

Our legendary defense is gone.
Our super human running back is gone.
RW is the future, we need a coach that understands that, and builds a team around him. Like a REAL O line for starters.