Pete's comments on Offense

renofox

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":29atdvn8 said:
Can anybody transcribe some quotes, or was it just tone of voice?

He started the presser by acknowledging the season-long problems with slow starts on offense, but did not lean in any way towards faulting coaches or players.

Throughout the rest of the presser, he never addressed or hinted at any problems with coaching or game plan but he did say there were problems with the plays not working "like they did in practice and in the game plan". Sounds to me like he is leaning towards blaming it on the players for lack of execution.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Seagal2013":2zfhxax2 said:
hawknation2017":2zfhxax2 said:
Bye, bye Bevell. Don't let the door hit you on your way OUT.

:snack:
are you kidding??? I hope that door smacks him the ass, bounces off and then does it again!!!! Maybe smack him in the head for good measure!!!!

If it hit him in the ass, it would hit him in the head at the same time.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
The Seahawk phrase, "we don't win it in the first quarter, second quarter, or third quarter needs to be burned right in front of the whole team. They must play balls-out from whistle to whistle. And that will only happen with Bevell gone.

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
renofox":14gvfigf said:
WindCityHawk":14gvfigf said:
Can anybody transcribe some quotes, or was it just tone of voice?

He started the presser by acknowledging the season-long problems with slow starts on offense, but did not lean in any way towards faulting coaches or players.

Throughout the rest of the presser, he never addressed or hinted at any problems with coaching or game plan but he did say there were problems with the plays not working "like they did in practice and in the game plan". Sounds to me like he is leaning towards blaming it on the players for lack of execution.

The tone. He spoke highly of his players while saying things like, "We changed everything after the half." Said they have "a lot of problems." Etc. Anyone who watches his pressers will pick up on what he's putting down. Zero energy, completely deflated. Did not defend anyone. Not Walsh, nor Bevell. Owned up to the massive penalty count and says it HAS to change.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Am sure Cable as a former HC is a very capable personnel manager, his talent as a OLine coach is over eatimated and he is a total bust as a running game coach.

I want both him and Bevell gone.

getnasty

Reaction score
semiahmoo":3nn805z7 said:
TwistedHusky":3nn805z7 said:
I don't have any confidence in Pete's ability to judge coordinators or evaluate them.

He had this problem at USC too.

So firing Bevell or Cable won't fix things if we bring in someone just as bad.

But we can always hope.

Thank you for bringing up Pete's USC era. There are some striking similarities to what's going on with the Hawks the last few seasons. There was an article recently that indicated the coaches he faced while at USC adjusted to his scheme and Pete was unable to adjust to them.

Seems the same thing has happened the last few seasons in Seattle. He's kind of a one-trick pony in that regard - though that one trick is highly successful - it just doesn't last...

Stop listening to Colin, I'm sure he's still saying Tony Romo is the best quarterback in the league.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
getnasty":1rsdhsak said:
semiahmoo":1rsdhsak said:
TwistedHusky":1rsdhsak said:
I don't have any confidence in Pete's ability to judge coordinators or evaluate them.

He had this problem at USC too.

So firing Bevell or Cable won't fix things if we bring in someone just as bad.

But we can always hope.

Thank you for bringing up Pete's USC era. There are some striking similarities to what's going on with the Hawks the last few seasons. There was an article recently that indicated the coaches he faced while at USC adjusted to his scheme and Pete was unable to adjust to them.

Seems the same thing has happened the last few seasons in Seattle. He's kind of a one-trick pony in that regard - though that one trick is highly successful - it just doesn't last...

Stop listening to Colin, I'm sure he's still saying Tony Romo is the best quarterback in the league.

LOL :2thumbs:

jeremiah

Reaction score
Pete is not thinking straight at all, and it is problem for 3 straight seasons. His successful strategy for "winning forever" needs a strong running game.....0...., and great defense. Everything else is a fill in. To do that the team needs an O line that is the equal of the D line....- - 0. You need serviceable WR's who don't drop passes, You need at least two RB's who are top 5 to 25 respectively. ....0...You need a defense that is stout, and takes the ball away and rushes the passer ....close... You need special teams, better than average punter...check. Top 5 kicker...0... You need a QB who can manage the game and limit turnovers ....check. There are holes in the team, that are the same season to season. THAT is all on the coach.

Seagal2013

Reaction score
SPIRITOF12":320sdw12 said:
The Seahawk phrase, "we don't win it in the first quarter, second quarter, or third quarter needs to be burned right in front of the whole team. They must play balls-out from whistle to whistle. And that will only happen with Bevell gone.
the problem is they couldn't win it in the 4th quarter either!

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Just checking in for the night. Looks like Cable and Bevell still have jobs. Hope that's changed when I wake up.

Joyodongo

Reaction score
And why nobody talks about the DL coach?
I think it's fair to say it's been the most disappointing unit in the team ...

kf3339

Reaction score
hawknation2017":1dj4qmfw said:
Norm Chow was a GREAT play caller for Carroll at USC. He won two National Championships with Chow.

This is what I remember as well with PC's team at USC. It was when he started not wanting to share the spotlight with Chow that he left and the USC offense started to drop along with the teams winning performance. PC never got back to that type of defense with Chow as the play caller. That is just a fact.

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
kf3339":2h6de40l said:
hawknation2017":2h6de40l said:
Norm Chow was a GREAT play caller for Carroll at USC. He won two National Championships with Chow.

This is what I remember as well with PC's team at USC. It was when he started not wanting to share the spotlight with Chow that he left and the USC offense started to drop along with the teams winning performance. PC never got back to that type of defense with Chow as the play caller. That is just a fact.

I would LOVE to see David Shaw or Chris Peterson come on as OC. Actually, I would sell a kidney to see that.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
mistaowen":2f3h35pa said:
Pete speaks very highly of Cable so my guess is if he leaves, it's for a HC job like Indy. Honestly both him and Bevell need to go asap and let a new OC get working with Russell

Pete maybe afraid Cable will punch him.

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score

Threedee

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":38qis30h said:
ducks41468":38qis30h said:
Nothing will happen.

Wanna bet? Big time changes coming.

Well, we all knew those big changes were needed before the season started, and nothing was done about it. What has Pete Carroll learned after 16 more games?

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Threedee":3vclo3ug said:
Bigpumpkin":3vclo3ug said:
ducks41468":3vclo3ug said:
Nothing will happen.

Wanna bet? Big time changes coming.

Well, we all knew those big changes were needed before the season started, and nothing was done about it. What has Pete Carroll learned after 16 more games?

He's learned that his OC cannot put together an effective game plan based on film study and team preparation. He's okay at making halftime adjustments, but RW and ADB bail him out with some schoolyard football.