Petition to save Bevell an uneducated Cardinals fans POV

Smellyman

Reaction score
kf3339":158lfvyz said:
Sgt. Largent":158lfvyz said:
hawksfansinceday1":158lfvyz said:
Sgt. Largent":158lfvyz said:
I always figured it was on the players on the field to execute.

So what exactly are the amazing TD producing plays Bevell isn't calling that would result in more positive results in the red zone?
How about rolling Russ out with a pocket (not naked boot) once in a while while dragging the TE over the middle? Almost never see that and with his running ability it puts a huge amount of pressure on LBs. Is he Hawks' o-line not good enough to do so? Screens can work in the red zone too as we've seen with leaking Marshawn out. How about fades to Graham and Mathews and not a shorter guy like Kearse. How about corner posts to taller WRs like mathes and Graham and not just fades?

As for Russ getting better in the red zone.....don't throw it 2 feet over a 6'7" guy's head and work on your fades so you throw them like you did with Tate.

The misdirection roll out is one of our staples, with 2-3 layers of options for Russell............dump off, TE middle and deep WR routes all available.

And your 2nd comment is what I'm talking about, if we're criticizing our terrible red zone offense it's more about our small ass WR's and soft TE's not being able to get off the line, let alone get any separation..........thus why we got Graham.

I'd also throw Russell's ultra conservative approach in the red zone afraid to make mistakes. Last game he had Graham open at the end of the first half on a scramble and decided to run for like 2 yards instead and we kicked a FG.

I think PC pounded the ball control and don't turn over the ball aspect into Wilson so much that he has became at times too timid. PC on offense acts more like Monty, when he should in fact be acting like Patton.

I think so too.

RW does throws a sexy deep ball, he also throws a sexy seam route. In fact his arm is sexy and can make all the throws. He set records and had the best season in history of College football his last year at Wisconsin and had a great beginning of his career. Dude can sling it. He is better when slinging it. Let him sling it.

Quit putting Lockette and Kearse out there. They are useless. Graham, Baldwin, Lockett and Matthews (anybody but Kearse and Lockette) and now there are some threats out there for him. Kearse at times looks like a water buffalo stuck in the mud running routes and Lockette is the fastest guy in the game, but couldn't escape a Brandon Mebane back pedal.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
A fan of our division rival wants us to keep a guy on our team...

futuramafry.jpg

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3ebw805g said:

futuramafry.jpg
Way to just read the thread title. And in-depth contribution with an animated character.

Atradees

Reaction score
We did score thirty something against The Rams and their dline. I still dont like fact that we have such a young oline and that it hasnt been seriously addressed. Can I blame the offensive coordinator for that?

McG

Reaction score
A football simpleton could make this team successful with the defense and RB we have had over the last few years. What I mean by "football simpleton" is someone who is in football that has limited high level experience, I.E. a college football OC or a HS football HC. Simply put, a great OC knows how to get the best out of what he has. It's similar to someone who takes $100 and turns it into $100,000 apposed to someone who has $100,000 and is spending it and every day, ultimately becoming more and more broke. Unfortunately, the Seahawks have the latter when it comes to the OC position.

chris98251

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3a622zwi said:
Seahawk Sailor":3a622zwi said:

futuramafry.jpg
Way to just read the thread title. And in-depth contribution with an animated character.

Well your contribution used his animated character......................................

rastahawk

Reaction score
Great effort and you have some sound points but the reality is we can just about rationalize anything in the world. No matter how intrinsically worthless it might be. But the reality is he is at best just average. We are smack bang in the middle of our championship caliber years and we can't afford his mediocrity.

"Bevell's style allows you to control the game and the ball. Long sustained drives, with punishing results to the opposition. "

You mean three-and-out after three-and-out for the first three quarters then come alive while hopefully the defense still has gas to prevent anymore opposition points?

I was at the Charger game last year (this is typical of most of our losses), and before anyone on D could get their Gatorade in they had to get back on the field because the offense was utter crap. Could not put together any momentum to save their lives. Meanwhile Rivers punished us with dink and dunks with the occasional run play sprinkled in. If ever we forced a punt the offense came in and gave the ball right back. Can't control the game without the ball in hand. I understand there are Bevell defenders around, but I am puzzled by what the hell else do we need to figure out about this guy. He is not good period.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2174i1rw said:
Siouxhawk":2174i1rw said:
Seahawk Sailor":2174i1rw said:

futuramafry.jpg

Well your contribution used his animated character......................................

trumpfaces.gif

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
ringless":2cbw7e37 said:
Bevell's style allows you to control the game and the ball. Long sustained drives, with punishing results to the opposition.

That's got nothing to do with Bevell. Pete Carroll is the one who brought that in, and it's accomplished through the run. Even with the run, only Marshawn Lynch can wear down a defense like so often happens. Pete was leaning on that strategy from the moment he arrived, traded for Lynch before five games had passed, and fired his first OC for not running Lynch more.

How is Bevell deploying five curl routes with the hot route the furthest from center, or pulling play-action on 3rd and 10, or relying noticeably on rub routes and bubble screens to WR4s, intended to control the game? Seems like they're only intended to give Jon Ryan more work.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Bevell does just fine. The Rams game was unfortunately about giving up explosive plays on defense. We will get that corrected

AgentDib

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2vlusytn said:
Personally I would look towards the college ranks. I think overall they're more creative and innovative then NFL coordinators.
Perhaps Chip Kelly after he gets fired from the Eagles?

justafan

Reaction score
Bruce Arians isnt a great coach because of his Xs and Os.Though he is very good in that dept, he is a great coach because who he is, how he teaches and deals with players particularly QBs.
He gets them involved in the design,gives them options to decide the plays at the line of scrimmage.He gets them to execute.

You could give him Bevels playbook and it would be night and day just because of his talent with getting the QBs and players to execute for him.Wilsons development would be amazing IMO.
You cant have your QB afraid to sling the ball around and run an offense.

I think he has been one of the best coaches in the league for years he just never got any credit.The most interesting coach thats for sure.

Our D doesnt win because of some tricky scheme.It wins because they have drafted well,had great teachers,coaches who got the players to execute with the attitude the coaches wanted.

My knock on the O coaches have been on the execution side not the scheme.

SaskHawk

Reaction score
What I see is in game decisions by Bevell costing the team games. How many times as fans do you sit there and ask yourself wtf was that? Why would a coach call that play now of all times? Too many times drives are dying because of his play calling imo.

I can live with a blown execution, or a slip but to be constantly questioning his coaching decisions should NEVER be the case in the NFL. There are reasons why a back to back Super Bowl competing team has an OC that nobody has bothered to pick up for a head coaching job. Means the other teams around the league are thinking the same as we are and questioning his decision making ability.

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
Bevell is a distraction. Every time he makes a questionable call players and fans are forced to revisit one of the most painful, frustrating moments in franchise history. It was a mistake to bring him back in so much as it violates the "Always Compete" mantra (we could find a better OC) and he is a pariah to the team's most important player. Mama Lynch was only expressing what her son believes and it stands to follow that several other players feel similarly about Bevell.

So why bring him back? How has he earned this loyalty? He's not exactly Bill Walsh. Why not replace him so we don't have to endure this aggravating debate with every crappy gameplan? He is a cloud hanging over the clubhouse and I suspect that the locker room mood would be much improved if he were fired and the play calling turned over to Cable.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":o5mrr9r2 said:
Bevell is a distraction. Every time he makes a questionable call players and fans are forced to revisit one of the most painful, frustrating moments in franchise history. It was a mistake to bring him back in so much as it violates the "Always Compete" mantra (we could find a better OC) and he is a pariah to the team's most important player. Mama Lynch was only expressing what her son believes and it stands to follow that several other players feel similarly about Bevell.

Who exactly is Bevell a distraction to?

Pete says he loves him, Russell says he loves him, most of the players have gone on record saying they like him and what we do on offense.

Don't project your illogical and uneducated opinion on the people who matter, the coaches and players.

Brock and Salk asked Tony Dungy this morning about Bevell and what his opinion was on coaches and coordinators getting criticized...............and he stated it perfect. If you lose or the play is unsuccessful, then the coordinators get blamed, especially on offense.

Dungy said what matters with coordinators is are his players prepared, do they know what we're trying to accomplish, do they know their playbooks..............then it's all up to execution.

How the hell is 4/5th's of our offensive line getting run over like they aren't even there and hammering Lynch in the backfield Bevell's fault?

justafan

Reaction score
SaskHawk":yu1omrjc said:
What I see is in game decisions by Bevell costing the team games. How many times as fans do you sit there and ask yourself wtf was that? Why would a coach call that play now of all times? Too many times drives are dying because of his play calling imo.

I can live with a blown execution, or a slip but to be constantly questioning his coaching decisions should NEVER be the case in the NFL. There are reasons why a back to back Super Bowl competing team has an OC that nobody has bothered to pick up for a head coaching job. Means the other teams around the league are thinking the same as we are and questioning his decision making ability.

The people questioning his decisions are on a forum who dont have anywhere close to the football experience or knowledge of the individual playcall.Their experience at playcalling probably begins and ends with Madden.
When a play fails its always the playcall.People can watch 2 lineman get ragdolled and know they screwed up yet still blame the call.

We all bitch and complain about stuff thats the nature of the beast.I do too much myself
But the truth is nobody eats sleeps and breaths the game of football like all these coaches have for most of there life.None are perfect,they all make mistakes and we get way to excited when a play breaks down.The first and easiest solution is fire Holmgren or Bradley or whoever is the scapegoat of the day.

I would take Arians over Bevel anyday.I would probably take him over any coach in the league.I doubt his screaming and yelling would go over with Carrol though.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":12ftdm2t said:
Does he? Seems like he flat out refuses to make in game adjustments.
He makes plenty of in-game adjustments. Take off those blinders that have probably tarnished the fun you could have had riding to the past 2 Super Bowls.