Petition to save Bevell an uneducated Cardinals fans POV

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
ringless":30oz1ia8 said:
I honestly don't think it's a stirring crap post. I feel like the last few years stats speak for themselves. #1 in explosive plays. Top 10 in PPG etc.

This year, I think one of the major issues is a personnel issue in the fact the offensive line was neglected. The fact that Russel tends to struggle with the middle of the field and sometimes waits to long when a WR is open. The Seahawks aren't a team that need to put ip 21+ ppg on a consistent bases as long as the offense runs the ball well consistently. However they are more than capable of it.

But I think it's asking a lot of possibly the worst OL in the league. Which would make even great WR's struggle to have good games. The WR corps is in the bottom half of the league. I feel it's a personnel issue not a OC issue.

You have good points. I'm starting to think not having a seasoned center has really caused compounded problems with our line. This also puts Wilson in a predicament he is not use to. Center problems were pushed aside this year because Unger was hurt much of the year last year and many thought he would have been cut after this season. Thing is, he was hurt but still on the team and that means a lot. Our centers really have no veteran player to turn to.

With that said I believe it is completely fair for Bevell to get a lot of the criticism for his lack of adjusting to the losing of the players we have on the O line. As I said before, his stubbornness. Let's be honest Russell and Lynch have really kept this guy from the mob. In spite of him, not because of him.

chris98251

Reaction score
I wonder how much a difference having Lewis in would make, he can make the calls and Wilson can focus on playing more, we lose athleticism but gain veteran savvy.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
chris98251":6lrcaer9 said:
I wonder how much a difference having Lewis in would make, he can make the calls and Wilson can focus on playing more, we lose athleticism but gain veteran savvy.

I don't know what happened with Lewis. Did he regress that much? I cannot comprehend what happened to Jeanpierre too. I thought he looked th best out of him Lewis and Nowack.

WilliamCooper

Reaction score
ringless":rmm10047 said:
Has Bevell made a mistake? Sure he has. We all have, including myself back in 94. Bevell has also been part of a team that has gone to back to back Super Bowls.

The Seahawks play a ball control style of football, and Bevell's style goes hand in hand with the Defense. I can't tell you how many games I've watched where it's a close game the first two or three quarters before the Dam breaks open for your Seahawks resulting in a 4th quarter of complete domination.

The Defense is stifling. The offense does a ton of damage in it's wear and tear style. Battering teams with Lynch, Wilsons ability to scramble. It allows your team to control the clock and the temp of the game and it compliments the style of defense well.

Lets look at some stats and then go into detail.
In 2014 Seattle had the 9th most yards on offense, and the 10th most PPG. To go with the #1 Defense.
In 2013 Seattle again had a top 10 scoring offense coming in at #9. To go along with the #1 Defense.

Lets look at a couple of other factors. A lot of the complaints are the uncomplicated route trees and that it's a high school offense. Why is that, and in comparison to whom?

Its no secret that Seattle's offensive line is offensive. There is not a lot invested at the position to say the least. I also believe thats compounded by Wilson who leaves the pocket. It's much easier to form a pocket around someone who drops back into one and can see over the line as opposed to one who leaves the pocket. Its not like the OL have eyes behind their heads. Its really a two part problem. Low investments and an unconventional QB style.

The poor offensive line, and Wilsons play style don't allow complicated route trees to develop. Look no further than the Cardinals offense. Bruce Arians route trees are extremely complicated. They are slow developing plays that rely on a lot of factors which is why some of the QB's have gotten killed at the same time. It's a vertical aggressive offense. One that Seattle can not implement because of lack of OL depth, and if you can be honest with yourselves the WR corp isn't the scariest in the league by any means. (I know you are thinking Lockett for the vertical threat but that is yet to be seen in real games)

Bevell's style allows you to control the game and the ball. Long sustained drives, with punishing results to the opposition. Sure it appears frustrating for 2-3 quarters. But 95% of the time when that 4th quarter rolls around the other team is gassed on defense, and having to go one dimensional on offense.

There will always be frustrating play calls. But you guys act as if he is the worst thing ever. You wont find a fanbase that doesnt share your frustrations even with their great coordinators from time to time. But you can't argue with the results.

But thats just the thought from a basement teams fan

Wish he would elaborate on the "mistake" he made in '94 lol.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Hmmm. Following this logic I'll write webzone and plead for them to rehire singletary.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1xi5rhdh said:
ringless":1xi5rhdh said:
Bevell's style allows you to control the game and the ball. Long sustained drives, with punishing results to the opposition.

That's got nothing to do with Bevell. Pete Carroll is the one who brought that in, and it's accomplished through the run. Even with the run, only Marshawn Lynch can wear down a defense like so often happens. Pete was leaning on that strategy from the moment he arrived, traded for Lynch before five games had passed, and fired his first OC for not running Lynch more.

How is Bevell deploying five curl routes with the hot route the furthest from center, or pulling play-action on 3rd and 10, or relying noticeably on rub routes and bubble screens to WR4s, intended to control the game? Seems like they're only intended to give Jon Ryan more work.

So true. And to the OP, worry not, because Bevell needs no saving. Pete is squarely in the middle of his comfort zone with that jughead. Amazing how quick Pete will bench or release a player to make needed improvements, but his coaches are under some sort of protective umbrella.......Most of our coaches go away as a matter of course, but nobody wants to hire this guy. Another clue that Schneider and Pete choose to overlook. :34853_doh:

Latest posts