Pic from Sunday....

sdog1981

Reaction score
Zone blocking works. Just Tom Cable can’t coach it or identify the players needed to run it. Cable is a total joke, I believe that everyone who posts here could do a better job of coaching the Seahawks Oline. You know how I know this? We the posters of .net would be so stupid we would ask that they draft tackles to play tackle and guards to play guard. But we clearly know nothing.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
GeekHawk":lbr6jreu said:
And I bring this to your attention, from the article:

"This is less about the whiffed blocks, which is more a function of the a poorly designed play."

Poorly. Designed. Play.

Dont let sgt largent or siouxhawk see that please. Then we have to hear about how ignorant everyone is and how nothing is wrong because we will make the playoffs. Playoffs are the only goal of coarse. Fielding a decent strategy comes to mind as a goal as well, but sadly not for everyone including the coaching staff.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
sdog1981":1s8i7a7m said:
Zone blocking works. Just Tom Cable can’t coach it or identify the players needed to run it. Cable is a total joke, I believe that everyone who posts here could do a better job of coaching the Seahawks Oline. You know how I know this? We the posters of .net would be so stupid we would ask that they draft tackles to play tackle and guards to play guard. But we clearly know nothing.
It must have been their nap time. Lol.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Jville":2vfezwam said:
does the better athleticism of today's faster and quicker and slipper defenders negate the reliability and effectiveness of cut blocks and reach blocks?

This is the right question. The NFL level game has passed Tom Cable by, not that he particularly excelled when his scheme was closer to cutting edge.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
bigskydoc":38gu22q0 said:
Jville":38gu22q0 said:
does the better athleticism of today's faster and quicker and slipper defenders negate the reliability and effectiveness of cut blocks and reach blocks?

This is the right question. The NFL level game has passed Tom Cable by, not that he particularly excelled when his scheme was closer to cutting edge.
I was discussing the schemes of NFL coaches and one of my coworkers mentioned some coaches/coordinators are incapable of evolving schemes.

Once that happens, they are done as coordinators and play callers.

I think this is why Bevell sucks. Bevell has largely been figured out and has not decided to change, only relying on old ideas and schemes he believes still "works" in today's NFL.

However, today's NFL has a lot more technology and it's easier to study plays. Eventually, you may be figured out.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I thought it was funny. Like a Monty Python sketch

Uncle Si

Reaction score
johnnyfever":25vf11le said:
Uncle Si":25vf11le said:
I thought it was funny. Like a Monty Python sketch

Needs the benny hill theme song in the background

I have to admit... I can't believe that video is a real NFL team.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Cable's Traveling All Stars and Follies...coming to a venue near you.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I was in the last round of a golf tourney on sunday, so I was only able to watch bits and pieces while waiting (have nfl mobile). I normally will rewatch the whole game on monday if I miss it, but every time I had time to watch it on my phone yesterday it was just embarrassing. I haven't rewatched it and won't. Looks like this team doesn't even have offensive coaches.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Cheeeezus. That's so pathetic. 5 whiffs. Ugh.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I was watching how the plays being ran by the Titans could possibly do what they did to our D. I gotta say, I was feeling actual envy that they have an OC who can design effective plays - ones which include formations that hide the play design. Especially on the runs to the outside, the ones that went for 39 or more yards. Must be nice.

HawkEye

Reaction score
You can talk all you want about zone blocking, but this is just embarassing any way you see it. :34853_doh:

sdog1981

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1flgc671 said:
I think this is why Bevell sucks. Bevell has largely been figured out and has not decided to change, only relying on old ideas and schemes he believes still "works" in today's NFL.

However, today's NFL has a lot more technology and it's easier to study plays. Eventually, you may be figured out.

This is the Bevell skeleton in the closet. He has never been involved in a unique or innovative offense at any point in his playing career. Bevell played at Wisconsin during the hight of the Barry Alvarez "no forward passing" era after that, Bevell was the QB coach for the Packers from 2000-2005 when they had Brett Farve and did not need much in the way of coaching. Then in 2006 his OC from his days playing QB at Wisconsin got the head coaching gig with the Vikings and Bevell was selected to be their OC. Then after Jeremy Bates got Matt Hasselbeck to carve up the Saints (We all remember Lynch in that game but Hasselbeck had 275 yards passing and 4 TD's) Bates was fired and Bevell was hired along with Cable and six seasons later here we are.

PS: Did you know that after getting fired Jeremy Bates literally walked the Earth? He did the continental divide trail that starts in Canada and ends in Mexico 2900 miles took him a year to do it.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
hgwellz12":3i40tnad said:
That is just inexcusable.
They all, Tom included, would've had to fly a separate plane home.

A separate plane sounds too generous.

A 1960's vintage school bus seems more appropriate.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1savaz5l said:
And I bring this to your attention, from the article:

"This is less about the whiffed blocks, which is more a function of the a poorly designed play."

Poorly. Designed. Play.
Yup, Cable, and Bevell both are involved in designing this offense, and Pete has said as much. I think that until both of these guys are gone, this offense won't progress. Cable's scheme looks a bit hard for lineman to pick up, and Bevell does not have the ability to adapt if his initial gameplan goes south.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":14nkgqx3 said:
It’s things like this that make me seriously question Cables competency. It’s a bad design.

And yet, nfl people always seem to say he is great.

Probably members of a Mutually Supportive Society :roll: