Sean Payton mentions "Wrist Band"

Ozzy

Reaction score
Brees isn't blaming Wilson either. He saying its all of them and we're 2 game in with Wilson and Payton working together. This anti-Russ stuff is goofy at times. I get people are pissed for how he left(I am too) and how he went about things but the dude also got us to two SB's, played his ass off and was a major reason we were so good for so long. This obsession with wanting to see another grown man fail is just odd to me. I get I'm in the minority on this but I just don't get it.

Denver is also 1st in pts per drive and their offense has been pretty good. I hope Wilson continues to look better than he did last year and if he isn't playing us I'll pull for the guy.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It's literally been like groundhog day with Denver's issues with Russ.

Funny thing is Wilson actually hasn't played that poorly so far this season. 5 TD's, over 100 passer rating.

Ozzy

Reaction score
It's literally been like groundhog day with Denver's issues with Russ.

Funny thing is Wilson actually hasn't played that poorly so far this season. 5 TD's, over 100 passer rating.
He's played good and its two games in with Payton in a new system that will take some time to fully grasp and get comfortable with. All things considered I'm surprised they've been able to get off teh groud so smoothly.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Funny thing is he is 12 for 13 in the middle of the field, but he is too short to see throwing lanes. Also, he is old, fat, lost his legs, but ran for 56 yards against the commanders. Would have had more yards if he would have pulled second rpo. Still people just hating. Has been and always will be sad. Obsession and infatuation shown by people in this forum. No matter how many points you prove or that he is actually good. Still just blind hate.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
He's played good and its two games in with Payton in a new system that will take some time to fully grasp and get comfortable with. All things considered I'm surprised they've been able to get off teh groud so smoothly.

0-2 and his coach continuing to throw Russ under the bus publicly, I wouldn't call that going very smoothly.

But Payton's smart, I'm sure he's doing all this on purpose to bring Russ back down to earth from wherever his over-inflated ego was at.

Now that the picks are over, I'm rooting for Wilson. I love a good NFL comeback story. Just wish it wasn't with the Broncos lol. Some old AFC West scars run deep!

hoxrox

Reaction score
Now that the picks are over, I'm rooting for Wilson. I love a good NFL comeback story. Just wish it wasn't with the Broncos lol. Some old AFC West scars run deep!
I believe we have their 3rd round pick in the 2024 draft.

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
Obviously the answer is to create a flexible. wrist-mounted display with wi-fi and a graphics processor that displays the upcoming play. This would have commercial uses for things like shopping or honey-do lists. Maybe add electro-shock capability for fuckups and an M&M dispenser for rewards.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Brees isn't blaming Wilson either. He saying its all of them and we're 2 game in with Wilson and Payton working together. This anti-Russ stuff is goofy at times. I get people are pissed for how he left(I am too) and how he went about things but the dude also got us to two SB's, played his ass off and was a major reason we were so good for so long. This obsession with wanting to see another grown man fail is just odd to me. I get I'm in the minority on this but I just don't get it.

Denver is also 1st in pts per drive and their offense has been pretty good. I hope Wilson continues to look better than he did last year and if he isn't playing us I'll pull for the guy.
For myself it isn't about Russell Wilson it's about the Denver Broncos and what a terrible human Sean Peyton is.

Watching Russell Wilson play himself into retirement is just a bonus for me I don't like fake people because as a small woman that's a red head with cerebral palsy I hate fake people.

My hatred of the Broncos starts with Elway and given they suck and have Wilson my entertainment and hatred have combined into something Karmic that might never end before I die.

Last edited:

strohmin

Reaction score

We were not good for so long. We were actually a overhyped first round exit for so long after the LOB left.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
My hatred of the Broncos starts with Elway and given they suck and have Wilson my entertainment and hatred have combined into something Karmic that might never end before I die.
I'm the same way except that I have a BiL in Reno that's a die-hard Donkeys fan that did nothing but talk sh!t before SB 48 bragging about Denver's Star Wars offense and that the LOB won't be able to stop it. And we all know how that ended. lol

Ozzy

Reaction score
lol Wilson was an absolute monster while here. He was very, very good. We also had multiple terrible drafts, no running game, terrible offensive line, couldn't rebuild the defense etc and yet we were still a playoff team almost every year.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
For myself it isn't about Russell Wilson it's about the Denver Broncos and what a terrible human Sean Peyton is.

Watching Russell Wilson play himself into retirement is just a bonus for me I don't like fake people because as a small woman that's a red head with cerebral palsy I hate fake people.

For me, it’s not about an observer’s height or gender expression or physical condition, really. Its pretty widespread to be hating on Russ’ public persona.

Is KC your afc team? That would explain your hatred of the Broncos. My afc team would probably be the Broncos as I grew up in Boulder, but regardless, I think it’s an interesting nfl Story.

Fairly, if Russ had the equivalent of the 49ers on his team, he might squeak into the wild card. But he doesn’t. The defense is nowhere near what it was last year In being able to carry him. That role is now reversed.

I see their ceiling at 7-8 and their floor at 5-6. That’s like a crawl space.

7-8 means everyone Thinks Payton and Russ are on the right track. 5-6 means escalated action.

toffee

Reaction score
Let me put it the way:

Hawks are 1-1, we played good in the Lions' game, but without the pick 6, we could be 0-2, couldn't we?

Broncos are 0-2, they lost two games by 3 points. Could they be 1-1 or even 2-0? I let you decide.

The season is still young, let's just enjoy the games?

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
People have opinions, some love Russell, some are ho-hum about him, some are disinterested, and there are others who dislike them for their own reasons.

If you disagree with other's position on Russell, show numbers or information contrary to a post or opinion, and argue the point. But also make an attempt to recognize that the opinions of others on a person or subject is based on whatever stimuli that they've been exposed to. And, it's nobody's job to validate opinions. That, is an impossible task.

So what are my thoughts on Russell (It's likely that nobody cares, but I'm going to tell you anyway) I dislike Russell. Why? Because he places his ego's needs too high on the scale for my liking. He asked for "Superstars" to be signed, which imho, was an insult to DK, Tyler and many others on the team. He wanted to change OCs, he wanted to "Cook" and got upset with Pete when he started running the ball more due to the INTs. He always seemed to be pointing the finger at everyone else, throwing an occasional (imho insincere) "I need to be better too" in the mix.

With the Seahawks, he was constantly late out of the huddle, getting delay of game penalties, and using time outs. Now it's happening again, with 2 other head coaches. And it seems to me that his hard counts caused more false starts than off sides.

To me, it seemed that Russell always thought the grass was greener elsewhere.
After some of his comments about what other teams were accomplishing, Carson Palmer said: "He should be careful about the other side of the fence, it might be greener, but it's because of all the manure."

Payton admitted he needed to reduce his verbiage. So he should just call a couple of numbers, then RW could look at the numbers on his wrist band, and read out the play, thus saving precious seconds. Instead, Sean has to read the entire play call and formations, then Russell repeats it to the offense.

There are plenty of other things that the Broncos can do to enhance play calling, but I just don't understand why any QB would refuse a wrist band when it could help the team.

Last edited:

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
People have opinions, some love Russell, some are ho-hum about him, some are disinterested, and there are others who dislike them for their own reasons.

I dislike Russell. Why? Because he places his ego's needs too high on the scale for my liking. He asked for "Superstars" to be signed, which imho, was an insult to DK and Tyler. He wanted to change OCs, he wanted to "Cook" and got upset with Pete when he started running the ball more due to the INTs.

With the Seahawks, he was constantly late out of the huddle, getting delay of game penalties, and using time outs. Now it's happening again, with 2 other head coaches. And it seems to me that his hard counts caused more false starts than off sides.

To me, it seemed that Russell always thought the grass was greener elsewhere.
After some of his comments about what other teams were accomplishing, Carson Palmer said: "He should be careful about the other side of the fence, it might be greener, but it's because of all the manure."

Payton admitted he needed to reduce his verbiage. So he should just call a couple of numbers, then RW could look at the numbers on his wrist band, and call out the plays, thus saving precious seconds. Instead, Sean has to read the entire play call and formations.

There are plenty of other things that the Broncos can do to enhance play calling, but I just don't understand why any QB would refuse a wrist band when it could help the team.

Gopd points. I mean, he has worn a wristband tho?

BlueTalon

Reaction score

This is the only article I can find and it appears to be only one year. Sean Payton said it was mostly on him. I dont see anywhere it blames Drew Brees. Delay of games and last second timeouts are a staple of Russ.
From that article:
"In his first seven seasons as quarterback of the Saints, Drew Brees was never hit with more than four delay-of-game penalties."