Sean Payton mentions "Wrist Band"

ivotuk

Reaction score
Sean Payton to reduce verbiage in play calls for Russell Wilson | Pro Football Talk | NFL on NBC

A QB wearing a wristband isn't new or innovative. If it was good enough for Tom Brady, it's good enough for anyone.

The difference here is that if Wilson remains resistant to a wristband, but Payton insists, believing it could help smooth out the operation, it could lead to the first on-field power move of the coach's reign.

"I thought we've done a really good job of getting in and out of the huddles," Wilson said on Sunday. "I thought we had two or three plays where we could've been a little bit faster. In the firs

toffee

Reaction score
Got to wonder what has Wilson got against wristband? He resisted in Seattle, resisted last season with hackett, now the same problem with his hand picked genius Payton.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
I remember Chip Kelly calling plays with poster boards like daffy duck, tacos and marshmallows. Maybe Payton can use Bible verses? Run the John 3:16 or Psalm 9

Sorry that was in poor taste 😔.
Not in poor taste at all. Actually a pretty good idea. That's an excellent way to get Russ to remember the damn plays and what they do.

toffee

Reaction score
Not in poor taste at all. Actually a pretty good idea. That's an excellent way to get Russ to remember the damn plays and what they do.
Will that get Russ to remember the plays? I am not at all sure about it.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I remember Chip Kelly calling plays with poster boards like daffy duck, tacos and marshmallows. Maybe Payton can use Bible verses? Run the John 3:16 or Psalm 9

Actually it was pretty funny and might work for him.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
12 years and it's the same things with him but worse because he no
longer has the legs to escape most of the time to create off script.
That wrist band might help but it doesn't change what gets him
he's going to be an old 35 but never adjusted to the fact you won't
move faster or react quicker as you get older.
I didn't see the whole game but I imagine the D simply switched to his
Kryptonite=The Cover 2 zone and he went blank to it.
Maybe all those sacks he creates has messed his hearing up-like ringing
in the ear?
Perhaps a hearing aid would do him some good?I don't know but he's a mess.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

No it wasn't - it's bang on.

Sounds like the old saw when your QB is dumb. "We're gonna run a simplified offense."

Some flash cards might help too ;)

It's gonna crater! I keep saying it. Wait for game 4 to 6!

chris98251

Reaction score
Patten has a box of these I bet, just have a substitute bring out the next Napkin in place of his Towel, no Wristband needed.

Lennie

Reaction score

Maybe have Ciara hold up the poster boards. Lord know she could use the work.

Ozzy

Reaction score
He did the exact same thing with Brees. The anti-Wilson stuff is crazy sometimes lol

rcaido

Reaction score
I don't recall a time when Drew Brees had issues with getting plays off on time.

Sean Payton Coach teams in terms of Delay of Game

2021 - Tied for 3rd
2020 - Tied for 3rd
2019 - 11th
2018 - Tied 7th
2017 - Tied 4th
2016- 1st lead the league with the most
2015 - Tied 9th
2014 - Tied 11th
2013 -Second most
2012- Was suspended for Bounty Gate and they had the second least amount Delay of game
2011 - Tied 9th
2010 - Tied 23rd
2009 - Tied for 3rd

That's as far as it goes back.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I don't recall a time when Drew Brees had issues with getting plays off on time.
You can google it right now. Almost immediately there is an article that talks about Payton saying its an issue that they need to improve on. They talk about the wrist band as well.

Delay of games isn't the only metric. Getting plays off late or getting them in late can be a problem even if you avoid the penalty.

strohmin

Reaction score
You can google it right now. Almost immediately there is an article that talks about Payton saying its an issue that they need to improve on. They talk about the wrist band as well.

Delay of games isn't the only metric. Getting plays off late or getting them in late can be a problem even if you avoid the penalty.

This is the only article I can find and it appears to be only one year. Sean Payton said it was mostly on him. I dont see anywhere it blames Drew Brees. Delay of games and last second timeouts are a staple of Russ.