Pick #111, Tedric Thompson, DB, Colorado

sdog1981

Reaction score
JTB":2c0x8o2v said:
ivotuk":2c0x8o2v said:
nash72":2c0x8o2v said:
Seahawk Sailor":2c0x8o2v said:
What's the average "bouncing in the playoffs" tier in the John Schneider/Pete Carroll era compared to say, any other era of Seahawks football? Your choice. Any one you want for comparison.

Great another guy who's perfectly content to just make the playoffs because the team stunk in the 90's.

2015 10-6 lost to Panthers 2nd round 31-24 in a game in which the Panthers took their foot off the throttle in the 2nd half or they could have put up 50 on us.

2016 10-5-1 took a severe beating in the 2nd round by the Falcons 36-20.

See a pattern here? If your fine with getting booted in the 2nd round than thats cool, but i'm not. The team wont go any further in the playoffs until the lines fixed and guess what didnt get fixed this season?

Yes, the pattern is, we need to improve our DEFENSE!

Giving up 31 points! 36 points! Opposing teams passing all over the yard!

Sounds to me like we need pass rush and DBs!

Yet in other recent threads, the argument is all about how the offense is the root cause of ruining things for our elite defense. Last 4 playoff losses - Points allowed: 30, 28, 31, 36

The big difference between the 2013 team and the ones since - The defensive line. The 2013 team was legitimately 8/9 deep with quality players. I can argue that the depleted DL depth was the MAIN cause of the SB 49 loss.

Look at those NY Giants Superbowl winning teams. They had scrubs playing in the secondary but the pass rush made up for it. That is why the 13 Hawks were historic. They had an elite pass rush along with an elite secondary.

irocdave

Reaction score
Glanced through the comments, also watched the tape. Looks like a great draft pick, nice speed, great tackling, great anticipation, but 4 concussions is a real concern. Seems like the Hawks are dumpster diving for all of this years draft picks, which opens them up to non judgmental results in a year or two. The dynamic duo passed on a ton of talent that addressed immediate needs on this team to dumpster dive,,,,as I have mentioned before, Pet and John pushed all of their chips to the middle of the table in this draft. As a life long (I was born way before the Hawks became an NFL franchise) Hawk fan, this was one of the hardest to watch. yes, some of the past results were great, but people making judgments have changes as well as the last 3 years of draft picks haven't produced to an average level.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Can we either provide something to prove Thompson has had 4 concussions or drop that as a concern?

I really don't think it is accurate. Someone on TV misspoke and everyone else has run with it.

I've been able to turn up ZIP about 4 concussions; just that he had a significant one in 2014.

Boycie

Reaction score
Wenhawk":33ifnj1s said:
Big hits and big plays. we now drafted the 3rd DB from Michigan and Colorado. We spent all our time looking at the other guys.
[youtube]VnDz9jW_qWk[/youtube]

This kid looks like he likes to put the wood to receivers! I am stoked about this guy. He blows wideouts up.

Guys who do that make receivers grow alligator arms.

Boycie

Reaction score
Wenhawk":38m0sli0 said:
Big hits and big plays. we now drafted the 3rd DB from Michigan and Colorado. We spent all our time looking at the other guys.

This kid looks like he likes to put the wood to receivers! I am stoked about this guy. He blows wideouts up.

He sure doesn't play like a guy who has had four concussions. That cannot be correct.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":2i6offuo said:
Wenhawk":2i6offuo said:

He sure doesn't play like a guy who has had four concussions. That cannot be correct.

It's not.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":cfuq7ulv said:
Wenhawk":cfuq7ulv said:

The highlight reel was like watching bits and pieces of Kam and ET. Looks like Tedric could be a key cog in the continuation of the feared Legion of Boom.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I haven't looked up this dude's combine numbers, but his tape tells you he's just a natural football player and I think he can play more than one position pretty well.

two dog

Reaction score
nash72":2kdia0ot said:
Hawkfan77":2kdia0ot said:
To be fair this is probably the only era they are aware of

Yep. Again, I probably have jerseys and memorabilia older than you. Been a fan since 76'. When did you jump on board?

I jumped on board in 1976. I have vivid memories of one year, 1980, where we lost all eight home games.
I went to all of 'em and watched as we got thumped each time.

So, yeah, I'm pretty damned happy with five straight playoff appearances and one
Super Bowl championship.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
This kid has tremendous instincts and a knack for getting to the ball. And he's one hard hitter with room to fill out his frame. A great pick up.

And the ESPN reporter was wrong-he had 1 severe concussion in 2014 that caused him to miss 4 games. He's not had any other documented concussions to the best of my knowledge and this should be a relative non-issue.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... nfl-draft/

The original concussion stemmed from a poor tackling technique which he has since corrected.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
maybe we should caps lock it for emphasis...

TEDRIC
THOMPSON
ONLY
HAD
"ONE" CONCUSSION
THAT
CAUSED
HIM
TO
MISS
4 GAMES
BACK
IN 2014

chris98251

Reaction score
Have to forgive ESPN, they have a lot of first time reporters training in real time and were probably nervous having had to step in and replace the guys that were able to report instead of talk smack. Remember news isn't what ESPN does now, it's all about click bait and Disneyland commercials.

AustrianHawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":2bklleit said:
I've always been skeptical about 40 times. At those speeds, how big of a difference does it really make if somebody is a 4.3 or a 4.4 or a whatever. Getting a good first step, I suspect, makes a lot bigger difference than running a tenth of a second faster over 40 yards.
This. They have a different start, they don't run in a straight line, they almost never run 40 yds and 0.2 seconds aren't a lot when it comes to decision making.

nash72

Reaction score
two dog":35352qkf said:
nash72":35352qkf said:
Hawkfan77":35352qkf said:
To be fair this is probably the only era they are aware of

Yep. Again, I probably have jerseys and memorabilia older than you. Been a fan since 76'. When did you jump on board?

I jumped on board in 1976. I have vivid memories of one year, 1980, where we lost all eight home games.
I went to all of 'em and watched as we got thumped each time.

So, yeah, I'm pretty damned happy with five straight playoff appearances and one
Super Bowl championship.

Yeah, there was some thin times. I remember watching the 1983 playoff game with my cousin who of course was a Raiders fan. Painful.

So this kid does not have 4 concussions as rumored? If not, thats good news.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Seems slow to me, but very solid instincts and a good tackler so who knows.

Was looking at several others, however Pete is very good at assessing DBs.

Threedee

Reaction score
sdog1981":2v4ahsas said:
Siouxhawk":2v4ahsas said:
I think some are confused about the concussion history of Tedric. The way I read it, he didn't have 4 concussions, but rather had 1 concussion in 2014 that sent him to the hospital and forced him to miss the final 4 games of the season.

I doubt he'd still be playing if he had 4 concussions.

I was confused about that too. One of the on-air people said that he had 4 concussions. But you are right he had one serious one in 2014 that caused him to miss 4 games. He has played every game over the past two seasons 2015/2016.

This.

I head one of the ESPN panelists state four concussions. Damn fake news!!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":3qmd80e9 said:
maybe we should caps lock it for emphasis...

TEDRIC
THOMPSON
ONLY
HAD
"ONE" CONCUSSION
THAT
CAUSED
HIM
TO
MISS
4 GAMES
BACK
IN 2014

This above post is worth repeating as several here seem a tad challenged as far as reading comprehension, and wish to find the negativity wherever they can.

Seems to me the team scouted this player as a guy who can fit well in their scheme.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Threedee":zl0ifh8w said:
sdog1981":zl0ifh8w said:
Siouxhawk":zl0ifh8w said:
I think some are confused about the concussion history of Tedric. The way I read it, he didn't have 4 concussions, but rather had 1 concussion in 2014 that sent him to the hospital and forced him to miss the final 4 games of the season.

I doubt he'd still be playing if he had 4 concussions.

I was confused about that too. One of the on-air people said that he had 4 concussions. But you are right he had one serious one in 2014 that caused him to miss 4 games. He has played every game over the past two seasons 2015/2016.

This.

I head one of the ESPN panelists state four concussions. Damn fake news!!

Probably just an honest mistake. Misreading the teleprompter.